Rovers vs Ayr Utd

Ayr deserved at least a point. We were pish. McManus had a thankless task at times but he'll not hold a ball up if he can't control the bloody thing. Bene red mist - no need. Brutal to watch, dodgy subs but getting a point. Must do better than this. Some regulars needing dropped.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked comfortable till bene confirmed his tayside intelligence with two daft bookings. Questions asked of Locke's subs, keeps on McManus who couldn't buy confidence then when we need abit pace going forward brings on Skacel. Ayr look a decent team despite us playing shocking, pish result and can't feel my toes.

P.S anyone find that yellow football down link street?

1 minute ago, Andy C said:

As if it wasn't bad enough losing the late equaliser I then had to suffer the second-hand embarrassment of the Ayr supporters celebrating like they'd just won the Champions League outside the ground.

Not entirely sure how you could suffer it second hand....

As if it wasn't bad enough losing the late equaliser I then had to suffer the second-hand embarrassment of the Ayr supporters celebrating like they'd just won the Champions League outside the ground.

C'mon, it's a compliment!
You guys are a big scalp these days!

Dominated the game and unlucky not to take all three points. Created a number of good chances, including McGuffie coming close to scoring direct from a corner, Nisbet missing a sitter and Cuthbert pulling off a super save from Crawford.

Devlin was outstanding again; Crawford did well and McGuffie not out of place. Was a moment of madness from Cairney but I'm unconvinced it cost us the win.

AUFC 1910 should probably go back and delete all the posts he's made on this thread - absolute drivel the lot of them.

My favourite was the boy who shouted, "forever in Dunfermline's shadow". A big call to make for someone who's rivals have been above them in the leagues for about two decades.

Few points after that match...

1. Ayr should've won. Dominated match after Bene's red and but for a striker would've.
2. Locke tactically inept once again. When you're down to 10 men Stewart is the last player who should be subbed. McManus has been off form for weeks and has already shown this season he can't play up Top on his own.
3. We set up at the start of the 2nd half as if it was the last 10 mins of the match. No out ball and we were sitting so deep the back 4 were almost in line with Cuthbert. Then we played the same way when it went 10 v 10. At one point I think I saw all 10 players of ours behind the 18 yard box line.
4. Skacel...why is he at the club? I can only come up with comedic value as he offers zero on the pitch.
5. Roberts...what does he do during a match?
6. McHattie definitely can't defend. Lost count of the amount of inside balls he got caught out on.
7. Vaughan...seriously what's happened?
8. Needed to take more than 3 points from last 3 games especially with a tough December coming up.

We are absolutely riding our luck at the minute. Holding out for an undeserved draw at home to Ayr is pish, no doubt about it, but we're still not getting beat. There's a positive in there somewhere, albeit it's hard to see.

The positive... we're not playing this weekend?

Bene has been outstanding this season but that was utter lunacy tonight. We were looking fine until that point without being good.

From there, it was a perfect example of how not to play with 10 men. Hacking the ball 80 yards up the park is fine if you're holding on for a short period of time but you need to get the ball and find a man if you're short for 60 mins. Completely failed on that front. We'd have been better going 4-3-2 to have an out ball as McManus was rank at trying to give the defence a breather.

Coustrain was bright again and took his goal really well. Davo was good at CB and really seems to have screwed the nut.

Bene has been outstanding this season but that was utter lunacy tonight. We were looking fine until that point without being good.

From there, it was a perfect example of how not to play with 10 men. Hacking the ball 80 yards up the park is fine if you're holding on for a short period of time but you need to get the ball and find a man if you're short for 60 mins. Completely failed on that front. We'd have been better going 4-3-2 to have an out ball as McManus was rank at trying to give the defence a breather.

Coustrain was bright again and took his goal really well. Davo was good at CB and really seems to have screwed the nut.

Think is we were only a man down for less than a quarter of the match so there was even less of an excuse to defend the way we did. Fair enough sit back after the red, get to half time and regroup but the tactics in the second half were just horrendous and that falls directly at Locke's feet.

If I was an Ayr fan I'd be gutted at not winning that.

Dominated the game and unlucky not to take all three points. Created a number of good chances, including McGuffie coming close to scoring direct from a corner, Nisbet missing a sitter and Cuthbert pulling off a super save from Crawford.

Devlin was outstanding again; Crawford did well and McGuffie not out of place. Was a moment of madness from Cairney but I'm unconvinced it cost us the win.

AUFC 1910 should probably go back and delete all the posts he's made on this thread - absolute drivel the lot of them.

I was quoting the stats from the BBC website, that's all ☹️

Archived