Most talented band

Mr Sugden

• 1 year later...
Dream Theater
Genesis
Marillion

The current Marillion must be the most underrated band of all time. Wish people could stop associating them with Fish (great as he was) and Kayleigh.
Been going to gigs since 1980 and seen just about anyone of note but the Royal Albert Hall gig last year was unreal.
Never seen a band get a standing ovation after every single track before!

12 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

The current Marillion must be the most underrated band of all time. Wish people could stop associating them with Fish (great as he was) and Kayleigh.
Been going to gigs since 1980 and seen just about anyone of note but the Royal Albert Hall gig last year was unreal.
Never seen a band get a standing ovation after every single track before!

I have seen Marillion four times and Fish solo more times than I can remember, probably about 12 times.

Marillion should be as big as U2 are.

I have seen Marillion four times and Fish solo more times than I can remember, probably about 12 times.
Marillion should be as big as U2 are.

The current album F.E.A.R. is up there with the best albums of all time.
Used to like U2, saw them first time in ‘82 but they are in decline now whilst Marillion seem to be getting better and better....

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The current album F.E.A.R. is up there with the best albums of all time.
Used to like U2, saw them first time in ‘82 but they are in decline now whilst Marillion seem to be getting better and better....

If I was to write a list of my top 100 favourite albums of all time, there would be a few Marillion albums on the list. Misplaced Childhood, Brave, Clutching At Straws and Marbles would definitely be on the list. Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors would also be in there.

If I was to write a list of my top 100 favourite albums of all time, there would be a few Marillion albums on the list. Misplaced Childhood, Brave, Clutching At Straws and Marbles would definitely be on the list. Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors would also be in there.

Yep, of the top five Marillion albums those would all be in there with FEAR, although hard to also leave out ‘Script...’.
Managed to miss the Fish ‘Clutching at Straws’ anniversary gig at Christmas sadly. Like you seen him a dozen or so times and ‘Vigil..’ was probably was his best album.
Saw him with Marillion -also in 82- at The Mayfair (now ‘The Garage’) at his peak. Quite an experience.
Sadly retiring soon...

33 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Yep, of the top five Marillion albums those would all be in there with FEAR, although hard to also leave out ‘Script...’.
Managed to miss the Fish ‘Clutching at Straws’ anniversary gig at Christmas sadly. Like you seen him a dozen or so times and ‘Vigil..’ was probably was his best album.
Saw him with Marillion -also in 82- at The Mayfair (now ‘The Garage’) at his peak. Quite an experience.
Sadly retiring soon...

I saw Fish's Clutching At Straws warmup show at Stirling Tollbooth. It was very good. Obviously his voice is not the same as it was but he did a good job.

• 9 months later...