Queens V Dumbarton

34 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

I just don,t see how Naysmith will turn this around before the transfer windoiw.

We are simply not good enough.

1st half in control but just can,t score then Pickard decides Carmichael needs help on wing leaves a huge gap for Dumbarton to score.

In saying he could hit that shot 10:times and not score with it.

Then Hamill who should no better decides to push the Dumbarton player in the box pen.

Soft pen but why give the ref a chance to give it.

2nd half we tried hard but we just don,t have the quality to break teams down.

Our squad is really weak when we have Pickard and Moxan in centre midfield.

Our only hope today was Carmichael

Hope Naysmith has a magic wand he will need it

To be honest, if Naysmith was there today, I don't think he'll have left, thinking that arresting this slump looks insurmountable.

There were clearly plenty of flaws in our performance, but we shouldn't really have lost the game.  We weren't completely devoid of ability or spirit and there were occasional positives like Carmichael.

Bizarrely, I find myself looking forward to Tuesday.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My arse collapsed when they suspended betting, aye, I was just about to cash out for £150! Just seemed like it was going to be a good day when they missed. [emoji3]

Well done Moonster you deserve that.
Well done to the manager and the team. I know some of our performances have been sh*te , last week was awful, but time to say well done to the players and get behind the team.
We can stay up !

16 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Thought a player with Hamill's experience was crazy to make the challenge that resulted in the penalty. If you weren't there Sons fans, we're not talking in terms of a Grant Holt v Gregor Buchanan fiasco. From where I was sitting, it looked like a clear, but totally unecessary barge. Just plain daft. Cracking penalty by Gaz & a great strike by Stevo. Couple of good saves from Aldo and he even came for and claimed a cross in the first half. 7 hour round trip topped off deliciously, by listening to Sandra Brown's match report on Radio Scotland.

A barge is huge. Gnat's fart would be more appropriate.

4 minutes ago, Tam said:

Hahaha! You couldn't have been further away unless they opened the Terregles terracing!  One of the most baffling pen decisions I've seen in years. The guy himself hadn't a clue, didn't claim. None of the Dumbarton players claimed and the two defenders were asking the ref all the way to thecentre spot which of them it had been awarded against.

After Tuesday night I didn't think it could get any worse. Well it has. Rovers did more ( and that's not saying much) to get their win. At least the winner was handed to them by the opposition, not the ref. Having said that, the Dumbarton side must be thinking that they have been playing a forward line of headless chickens. They have two shots and score two and we do little to bother their keeper ( who was excellent when called on). Chickens don't have teeth apparently.

That must have been Dumbarton's easiest away win in years. Dreading Tuesday night.

You seem upset Thomas? :lol:

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No, it was Thomson.

Was it Hamill he collided with? Hamill seemed to be asking the referee, after the challenge, if it was him and the ref kept shaking his head. Maybe he was asking something else :unsure2:

Was Hamill not the only guy in the vicinity?  I really need to see this incident again.

The ref indicated to Dobbie as he was taking the centre and moaning, that it was for a nudge with the elbow.

Don't suppose it matters much now, but I'll be interested to see the highlights.

How many times does the team who scores first go and win the match? Something we cannot seem to do at the moment.

Grant Anderson had two great chances - think his first one his touch took him too far in but keeper closed down angle well. The second chance place it anywhere else and the keeper won't get it. Again I'd credit the keeper as it was a great save. Two chances and their were a couple of Dobbie freekicks and a Carmichael shot that could have been better.

Did Stevenson start off in midfield and end up swapping places with Fleming? Stevenson certainly seemed to play as a big target man and held the ball up well

Fleming did? You sure?

Looking at your profiles it's obviously not Fleming I'm think of. Does Thomson have shorter hair than his profile on your website?

ETA. Just looked at the gallery on our website of the last game and it's in fact Thomson I'm thinking of. He was on the deck constantly. I look forward to seeing the highlights.

13 minutes ago, Tam said:

Hahaha! You couldn't have been further away unless they opened the Terregles terracing!  One of the most baffling pen decisions I've seen in years. The guy himself hadn't a clue, didn't claim. None of the Dumbarton players claimed and the two defenders were asking the ref all the way to thecentre spot which of them it had been awarded against.

After Tuesday night I didn't think it could get any worse. Well it has. Rovers did more ( and that's not saying much) to get their win. At least the winner was handed to them by the opposition, not the ref. Having said that, the Dumbarton side must be thinking that they have been playing a forward line of headless chickens. They have two shots and score two and we do little to bother their keeper ( who was excellent when called on). Chickens don't have teeth apparently.

That must have been Dumbarton's easiest away win in years. Dreading Tuesday night.

You did see the winner against St Mirren, didn't you?

One for you @microdave I think, but Ross Lyden must be one of our youngest ever debutantes? 16 years 7 months and 20 days. Was Nicky Devlin younger, I can't remember?

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Looking at your profiles it's obviously not Fleming I'm think of. Does Thomson have shorter hair than his profile on your website?

Yes. He used to have quite glorious flowing locks, but now he has a more standard cut.

Given that Flembot played a full 7 minutes in the last game, I'd doubt it was him.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

One for you @microdave I think, but Ross Lyden must be one of our youngest ever debutantes? 16 years 7 months and 20 days. Was Nicky Devlin younger, I can't remember?

Ha! I hope you have money on Sons to win the league.

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Nicky Devlin made his debut six days after his 17th birthday. However, Peter Dennison was 16 years and 78 days when he came on as a sub against St. Johnstone. I think he was also the first sub goalie we ever used!

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

To be honest, if Naysmith was there today, I don't think he'll have left, thinking that arresting this slump looks insurmountable.

There were clearly plenty of flaws in our performance, but we shouldn't really have lost the game.  We weren't completely devoid of ability or spirit and there were occasional positives like Carmichael.

Bizarrely, I find myself looking forward to Tuesday.

Both Gary Naysmith and Dougie Anderson were there.

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Was Hamill not the only guy in the vicinity?  I really need to see this incident again.

The ref indicated to Dobbie as he was taking the centre and moaning, that it was for a nudge with the elbow.

Don't suppose it matters much now, but I'll be interested to see the highlights.

The penalty was given for a foul on Robert Thomson by Jamie Hamill. I didn't see it at the time as I was looking elsewhere. Hamill said in hospitality afterward that there was some contact between them but Thomson had exaggerated it significantly. Would like to see the replay.

We had plenty of chances to win that game. Especially at 0-0. Anderson was clean through and couldn't finish and poked another straight at the keeper from about 3 yards out. For me the one where Lyndon Dykes is heading straight in on goal is probably a red card. He was clear and the referee, whose use of advantage all day was poor, could have waited to see what happened with it anyway as the ball ended up in the net after he'd pulled it back. Dobbie also went close with two free kicks all while it was still 0-0. Even at 2-0 down, Dykes should have slid one in early in the second half too and Dobbie curled one over he should have kept on target before the goal. It's just the way things are for us at the moment. The games at Ayr and Albion Rovers to name but two saw us comfortably the better side but manage to lose. We also edged the Raith game and lost with the last kick. It's a slump Gary Naysmith with have to stop but I do think there's plenty of encouragement there if we can get the confidence up and the performance of Danny Carmichael today was particularly encouraging. Thought Jake Pickard had probably his best game for us to date too.

ETA. Just looked at the gallery on our website of the last game and it's in fact Thomson I'm thinking of. He was on the deck constantly. I look forward to seeing the highlights.

Aye, unfortunately Thommo has chopped the luscious locks :(

I can believe it he spent a lot of the match falling over. Fleming however is the manliest man you could ever wish to lay eyes upon. He'd never participate in such folly.

16 minutes ago, queenslad said:

How many times does the team who scores first go and win the match? Something we cannot seem to do at the moment.

Grant Anderson had two great chances - think his first one his touch took him too far in but keeper closed down angle well. The second chance place it anywhere else and the keeper won't get it. Again I'd credit the keeper as it was a great save. Two chances and their were a couple of Dobbie freekicks and a Carmichael shot that could have been better.

Did Stevenson start off in midfield and end up swapping places with Fleming? Stevenson certainly seemed to play as a big target man and held the ball up well

The first goal has been absolutely crucial this season. We've won every game we've scored first in, apart from the draw with Dundee Utd on the opening day and the cup defeat to Partick.

On the flip side, the only game we've taken anything from is the Hibs cup game. We have 0 points in league games where we've conceded the first goal

As you say when we lose first goal we are in massive trouble. This group of players have completely lost their way and there is a real lack of leadership and self belief on the park.

Dumbarton were awful from start to finish and it doesn't say much for us that we couldn't convert at least 3/4 of our chances.

In terms of footballing we were streets ahead of the Sons but yet again we were masters of our own downfall. Absolutely nothing we could have done about Stevenson's strike from 25 yards with his standing leg! The penalty looked a daft nudge by Hamil which might have gone unpunished but as others have said there was absolutely no need to make that challenge and give the Ref a chance to grab the headlines.

The usual calls for Millar's head - by all means find a replacement for him but please unearth someone with a bit more talent than Moxon.Honestly, that bench of ours gets weaker with every passing week.

Thought Danny did really well - Marshall continues to play well but Dykes was out of touch again with his lack of touch and vision negating his pace and enthusiasm.

It would be hard to imagine any club

Excellent result.

The lads got some pelters last week, and rightly so, but what a great response. Good on them.

Was it a great response though. It sounds like we were utterly gash (again) and got the points thanks to one moment of magic (not easily repeatable), a soft penalty and aldo (again) but didn't really warrant the result on performance. I will happily stand corrected if this is wrong but all the feedback suggests another poor away performance which could have so easily been a defeat.

Sounds about right, likes hitting the ground easily at times does our thommo.

Archived