forfar v deveronvale

dipsy

Been asked to let the world know that Forfar will play Deveronvale at Station Park on Saturday in a friendly, cos both teams are 'cup tied'. Kick off time is 1.30, and it's a fiver to get in if you don't have a season ticket. Cheers!

1 hour ago, dipsy said:

Only doing what the Club asked me to. Take it up with them if you've got a problem with it.

Only pointing out a fact, no need to get your knickers in a twist.

10 minutes ago, Shanghai Loon said:

Oooooh, bitch fight !!

Get yer claws back in darlings.

Hardly a fair fight, two (well, one and a puppet) against one.

On 29/11/2016 at 19:47, theSilverFox said:

Totally agree.

Ok, chaps. Me too. Sure beats being dragged round Tescos. There's a pint in the Ploo before the game by way of apology if you want.

6-0, walk in the park.  Forfar played really well but no real opposition from Deveronvale.

Travis got the first 45 at right back under his belt.  Played ok, clearly missing match fitness.

Goal scorers were Milne (2), TOB, Smith, McCawl & Aiken.

Adam,

Travis, Malcs, TOB, Bain

Danny, Milne, McCawl, Scott

Cox, Swanks

I think that's right.  McGovern, Kennedy (obviously been pushing weights!) Smith, Aiken all came on in the second half.  Possible I've not got that quite right.

You're not far off.
Subs at half time were McGovern, Smith, Gill and Muzza. Kennedy and Aitken came on at the 60 minute mark. With Adam, Travis, Swanks and DD going off at HT and Cox/Bain coming off on the hour mark.

2 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

You're not far off.
Subs at half time were McGovern, Smith, Gill and Muzza. Kennedy and Aitken came on at the 60 minute mark. With Adam, Travis, Swanks and DD going off at HT and Cox/Bain coming off on the hour mark.

Cheers D, I knew I'd missed something.  Normally switching so many players tends to see the game fizzle out but credit to the lads and the shape of the team but I thought we actually looked better after the established players came off.

To put it into context though, I spoke to one of the Deveronvale fans and they said their team is ravaged by injury and the downturn in the oil industry has seen them lose a few of their better players as they've lost their onshore jobs to rig work.

Re Aitken, what little I've seen of him he looks a real prospect.  Great work rate and attitude, he just loves to chase down lost causes, a nightmare for defenders.  A pretty decent touch and turn of pace too and not too bothered about putting his body into tackles that will likely hurt.

Have you seen much of him in the development team, if that's where he tends to ply his trade?

Cheers D, I knew I'd missed something.  Normally switching so many players tends to see the game fizzle out but credit to the lads and the shape of the team but I thought we actually looked better after the established players came off.

To put it into context though, I spoke to one of the Deveronvale fans and they said their team is ravaged by injury and the downturn in the oil industry has seen them lose a few of their better players as they've lost their onshore jobs to rig work.

Re Aitken, what little I've seen of him he looks a real prospect.  Great work rate and attitude, he just loves to chase down lost causes, a nightmare for defenders.  A pretty decent touch and turn of pace too and not too bothered about putting his body into tackles that will likely hurt.

Have you seen much of him in the development team, if that's where he tends to ply his trade?
Or

Typical differing opinions. I thought we looked more solid before the substitutions. Felt we took a bit of time to gel in the second half but once we got going, there was only going to be one winner.
Matty has come on leaps and bounds in the last season or so. Time in the juniors has really set him up for a push in the squad. I liked him in the 20s but he really needed toughening up. Not as natural a finisher as Kerr Hay but he's got the height and pace to trouble some of the centre halves in this league.

25 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Typical differing opinions. I thought we looked more solid before the substitutions. Felt we took a bit of time to gel in the second half but once we got going, there was only going to be one winner.
Matty has come on leaps and bounds in the last season or so. Time in the juniors has really set him up for a push in the squad. I liked him in the 20s but he really needed toughening up. Not as natural a finisher as Kerr Hay but he's got the height and pace to trouble some of the centre halves in this league.

I wouldn't say differing opinions, we were definitely a more solid unit up until the subs, with only one Deveronvale threat in the first minute or so but I thought the subbies really opened the opposition up, though left us slightly more exposed at the back.  Had we kept the same 11 it would likely have panned out the same.  My point was that the multiple subs normally kill a game due to a break in fluency, but that didn't happen today which is credit to the guys that came on and to those that played the full 90.

Thanks for the info on Aitken, I really like the look of the laddie, for me the most exciting prospect of the young guys coming through.

I wouldn't say differing opinions, we were definitely a more solid unit up until the subs, with only one Deveronvale threat in the first minute or so but I thought the subbies really opened the opposition up, though left us slightly more exposed at the back.  Had we kept the same 11 it would likely have panned out the same.  My point was that the multiple subs normally kill a game due to a break in fluency, but that didn't happen today which is credit to the guys that came on and to those that played the full 90.

Thanks for the info on Aitken, I really like the look of the laddie, for me the most exciting prospect of the young guys coming through.

Yep, spot on. Apart from a 5- 10 minute spell in the second half, we really kept the high intensity going throughout the 90 mins. Unusual for a friendly but helped by having a fair few youngsters on the bench.

Archived