Saint vs Caley

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Saintee said:

That ref was an embarrassment.

Who cares, you could have let Richie Foran ref the game and still won. We're feckin doomed unless we can get a faith healer in for Polworth, McKay, Raven and McNaughton. Oh and a striker from Santa.

1 hour ago, deej said:

How absolutely honking was the ref? One stonewaller on Foster and one barge on Wotherspoon in the box aside, Draper Warren and Meekings were constantly holding on to Maclean, pulling and pushing every time the ball was near him. Then a slight 50/50 on the halfway line (either way) and he can't give the free kick quick enough.

Abysmal.

The one on Wotherspoon in the first half was laughable. He was simply out muscled by Draper and fell over swiping at clean air. The Foster claim looked pretty good and seemed to be a penalty even from where we were. 

Regardless, as other ICT fans have said, it didn't matter a jot. We were absolute garbage and there's plenty to be concerned about. All over the place at the back, no creativity in midfield and almost zero attacking prowess. It was as poor an ICT performance as I've seen in a long time. I can't even muster the enthusiasm to go over it again.

Five red cards for ICT in last eight games in Perth. Sake.

Well done Saints. Fingers out ICT.

The one on Wotherspoon in the first half was laughable. He was simply out muscled by Draper and fell over swiping at clean air. The Foster claim looked pretty good and seemed to be a penalty even from where we were. 

Regardless, as other ICT fans have said, it didn't matter a jot. We were absolute garbage and there's plenty to be concerned about. All over the place at the back, no creativity in midfield and almost zero attacking prowess. It was as poor an ICT performance as I've seen in a long time. I can't even muster the enthusiasm to go over it again.

Five red cards for ICT in last eight games in Perth. Sake.

Well done Saints. Fingers out ICT.

Wasn't too sure on the Wotherspoon one, did think it might have been nothing in it so will let that one go. Foster was as stonewall a penalty as you will see this year.

Agree ICT were rotten and unless you improve I'd be worried.

I actually felt at ht we hadn't been particularly great. We started well but really fell away happily gifting ICT possession but no real penetration. Second half was a delight to watch. Swanson definitely faded but was up to his usual trickery. Muzz was solid even after nearly getting knocked clean out by the ICT CF. Hopefully we will see Millar back next weekend, even if we only get 60-70 mins out of him. Buzzing for it already.

I was behind the goal and while it should have been a penalty, I thought Foster could have stayed on his feet. I don't think it was as stonewall as it probably looked from behind.

As others have said having Davidson back makes such a difference. Gave the rest of midfield that bit more freedom. Could have been a lot more convincing - caley looked like they had accepted their fate even before the sending off.

Thought it was the best we have played in a while. Having Murray back in breaking up played allowed us to let our players play. For me Paton shouldnt be back in the team unless we are really struggling with the options we have in midfield. Wasn't too sure on Coulson, although he might be still finding his feet again. Felt sorry for Alston not too sure he deserved being dropped though. 

Thought it was the best we have played in a while. Having Murray back in breaking up played allowed us to let our players play. For me Paton shouldnt be back in the team unless we are really struggling with the options we have in midfield. Wasn't too sure on Coulson, although he might be still finding his feet again. Felt sorry for Alston not too sure he deserved being dropped though. 

Paton might not be back any time soon.

Archived