Ayr Utd v Queens Pk

Honestmen

15 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Was it this game...

Check the nick of the defending for your second goal. Comedy gold!!

The halcyon days of Neil Watt and the Stranraer six. Such a great time to be an Ayr fan so it was

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Check the nick of the defending for your second goal. Comedy gold!!

The halcyon days of Neil Watt and the Stranraer six. Such a great time to be an Ayr fan so it was

What made Watts tenure look worse was the fact that The 2 Rabs then Reid & McGowan had left a team that was 2 or 3 players short for that level and he chooses to decimate the dressing room with the auld pals act and dosh in the sky rocket for the favoured few.

On 16/01/2017 at 20:11, an86 said:

What a day.

Absolute scenes that day.  I think that was only the second game of the season, in between 3-0 and 3-2 wins over Brechin and Ross County respectively.  Good times

On the flip side, it was only a few years ago that the worst side in our history narrowly lost 3-2 in the cup at Ayr when I thought we'd get a tanking. I’m a wee bit more hopeful this time.

Looking forward to seeing QP promotion hero Paul Cairney again. Been a while. Hopefully he’ll get the reception he deserves from us then we can get on with supporting the lads

On 1/17/2017 at 13:15, an86 said:

I assume we'll get the terrace as usual?

We're in the "west stand"..whatever that is.  I think that is the terrace behind the goal, as per usual.

I hadn't realised that Ayr were doing so badly in the League.  The way that Gus has us organised, and the way that the team are grafting for the full 90 minutes, means that we can look forward to every game with a wee bit more than daft hope.  I'd take a draw and have Ayr back at Hampden for a money-spinning replay,   a-la Plymouth and Liverpool.  Failing that, a last minute winner for the ten-times Cup winners down at our end.

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Absolute scenes that day.  I think that was only the second game of the season, in between 3-0 and 3-2 wins over Brechin and Ross County respectively.  Good times

On the flip side, it was only a few years ago that the worst side in our history narrowly lost 3-2 in the cup at Ayr when I thought we'd get a tanking. I’m a wee bit more hopeful this time.

Looking forward to seeing QP promotion here Paul Cairney again. Been a while. Hopefully he’ll get the reception he deserves from us then we can get on with supporting the lads

My son had wandered down to the fence just as Trouten scored and promptly got trampled by the IBF. Made him the man he is today.

Seem to remember a win at Stirling too early on, must have been a cup game. Midweek i think. The highlights are also available for the game 3 years ago if Ayr fans want a lift:)

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We're in the "west stand"..whatever that is.  I think that is the terrace behind the goal, as per usual.

I hadn't realised that Ayr were doing so badly in the League.  The way that Gus has us organised, and the way that the team are grafting for the full 90 minutes, means that we can look forward to every game with a wee bit more than daft hope.  I'd take a draw and have Ayr back at Hampden for a money-spinning replay,   a-la Plymouth and Liverpool.  Failing that, a last minute winner for the ten-times Cup winners down at our end.

Prefer the last bit tbh. I'll chip in a tenner for the shop as compensation:thumsup2

That terrace is called the Railway End. I fear, for stewarding, staff savings etc, we'll get papped into the far end of the main stand like Dunfermline. Hope I'm wrong:thumbsdown

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Why would they call a terracing a stand?? I fear BYOS is right. Every time I've been at Ayr the terracing behind the goal has always been open for us so very disappointing  

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Why would they call a terracing a stand?? I fear BYOS is right. Every time I've been at Ayr the terracing behind the goal has always been open for us so very disappointing  

Think there's a tiny bit of terracing in front of the stand at the Somerset Road end. Ayr fans or someone with a better memory than me will be able to confirm if I'm imagining that or not. 

6 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

That terrace is called the Railway End. I fear, for stewarding, staff savings etc, we'll get papped into the far end of the main stand like Dunfermline. Hope I'm wrong:thumbsdown

Aye, but I think that the "West Stand" is the Railway End's Sunday name, and AUFC have told QP it's the "West Stand" (their words)  that we're in.

46 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Aye, but I think that the "West Stand" is the Railway End's Sunday name, and AUFC have told QP it's the "West Stand" (their words)  that we're in.

That sounds like they mean the west side of the stand to me, sadly.

Archived