Brechin City V East Fife

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was f**kin dreadful. Could have played all night and not scored. We look so bare upfront without Jacko - Buchanan and Caldwell both poor. Trouten tried to make things happen but with little movement or quality in front of him it proved difficult.

Still too many good players out injured - missing our captain, missing the energy of Dale in the middle of the park and most of all Jackson. However the performances of those that have stepped in simply hasn't been good enough. I've also noticed our discipline is going out the window when we're struggling.

Five defeats on the trot now, we need to turn it round and soon. Our fantastic start to the season is now going to waste.

17 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Well deserved win and really should have been more. Brechin looked very poor with a few cloggers in the team.

That pitch is embarrassing too.

I think it gets used by some premier teams for development games which won't help.

5 games, one goal and 5 defeats. Caldwell fast becoming the worst player I have ever seen in a Brechin Strip - for the size of the guy he wins no headers, gets bumped off the ball and generally looks like he thinks he is better than this level. Ross  - NEWS FLASH - you are at this level cause you are honking and even this level seems too much for you. Our defence looks happy to boot it anywhere, do we have a midfield? And as for our front play see comment re Ross. With Jackson out till next year, O'Neill till whenever, Dale maybe done for ever, Pabs still missing, Graham and Trouten just coming back and the young guys - Lynas, Elliot and Buchanan all struggling we are in deep shite. A couple of loanees are needed because as it stands we do not have enough to shake the team up. Don't go with the shouts of Dods must go but by eck it better get better or we will do a Forfar!

50 minutes ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

What a depressing c**t of a stadium

Coming from a Farfar c**t that takes the biscuit. 

Nothing good to say about that tonight. And the worst thing about it was it being on national telly .  I think Cold Feet summed things up , but overall confidence is shot . Mind you with absolutely no attacking threat we are always going to struggle .  How can Caldwell even consider taking a wage after that performance . That was possibly his worst yet. I have never seen anyone challenge for a high ball like he does .He neither watches the ball or the player and just jumps , often facing the wrong way.  It is fucking bizarre. Also he couldn't control a bag of cement.  

Summed up the day with that shocking sending off.  Well done Elliot , with all our injury problems you go and lose the plot with a possible season ending challenge in a nothing position out of pure frustration.  Well fucking done. 

Once again we had a team who wanted it more than us. We were second to everything but Fife battled without being brilliant which probably explains why it was only 1-0. 

Things have to improve but with confidence this low it is going to take a monumental effort.  Time for the management to turn things like that Farfar game last season methinks.  

That was very very poor. We really need to be getting a striker in cladwell puts no effort in what so ever. No wonder Trouten was getting frustrated he was putting in all the work with no help in front of him. As for the calls for Dods to go I think that's a bit much looks at the start we've had to the season I have faith in him turning it around

12 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

That was very very poor. We really need to be getting a striker in cladwell puts no effort in what so ever. No wonder Trouten was getting frustrated he was putting in all the work with no help in front of him. As for the calls for Dods to go I think that's a bit much looks at the start we've had to the season I have faith in him turning it around

Where do you see that ? 

Thought we controlled game first half and only being one goal up didn't reflect the balance of play. We made a good start to 2nd half and still looked in control until robinsons daft red card. This gave Brechin a bit of believe they could turn it around. They had a Couple of reasonable chances, and only Mcormack will know how he missed from 6 yards with the goal gaping. That is a bit of luck that has been missing as we have been punished for every defensive error,and that was an error missing the header to clear.It may come as a shock to Brechinfans but that was also a patched up East Fife team. No Kevin Smith,no Mark Lamont,no Chris Dugan and Jamie instal not fit enough to start game. Every team at part time level struggles with injuries at some part of the season. Very happy to get 2 wins in a row. Robinson just back from injury was just getting back up to speed and beginning to influence games ,now missing again next week. Well done Dougie Anderson on your 100 percent managerial career. Also thought fringe players Jordan Austin and Ryan Goodfellow did well and worth a special mention. 

Archived