Brechin City V East Fife

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

What an embrassement in front of the cameras,very poor Dodds not a clue on how to change things,except for losing discipline. Dodds is proving me right in what a shite manager he is,the clock is ticking.

Zoomer Brechin are still in the mix and he has over the last few weeks been down to bear bones . The real fans dont need fans like you 

Hope they shoot you 

1 hour ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Bloody hell. Been out all day, come home and thought I'd watch the game on iplayer, but it's not available. I'm guessing this is a rights thing, hopefully it'll be available later.

You might have to change your settings to make iplayer think you're in Scotland to get Alba stuff? Or it might just not be up yet. I watched it live in England but I've switched my settings to Scotland.

3 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Nah, got it now, just finished watching it. Loving the band, but it looks like the bongo player didn't get the memo.

I asked a couple of them at the pie hut if any of them could actually play the instruments and got a very Eric Morecambe like response......."We play all the right notes but not in the right order " 

:lol:

I thought they were given the instruments on entry to the match and that was the first time they had ever tried to play them.

But hey great fun and good on them. Think I have only seen them at New Bayview once with sombreros etc.

Came along to the glebe after our game. Most impressive thing I saw must be the Hedge.:P

As for the match, watching as a neutral, EF probably the better side up until the sending off then it was pretty much all Brechin who just couldn't buy a goal. Both EF centre halves were rock solid. Think both teams should finish 5th-8th.

Fair play to BBC Alba for putting lower league football on tv.

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Funny old game football, everything turned in our favour and East Fife are doing us a turn now too, think i'll nip out for a lucky dip in the lotto.

Your f*^ing right mate ... We can no longer be classed as contenders(if we ever were ) we are a really  poor team now we re gonna struggle well into New Year avoiding bottom play off place will be a realistic target . ..... Its shit speaking like this but its true ... We have no midfield and a lacklustre forward line although I thought Trout s  had a decent 2nd half

Do Brechin still allow other teams to use that coo field of a pitch? What an embarrassment of a playing surface.

I hope we can kick on from here and climb the table. Thought we were the better team yday and limited Brechin to very little although they did miss a sitter but we were due a break. Mon the Fife

14 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

5 games, one goal and 5 defeats. Caldwell fast becoming the worst player I have ever seen in a Brechin Strip - for the size of the guy he wins no headers, gets bumped off the ball and generally looks like he thinks he is better than this level. Ross  - NEWS FLASH - you are at this level cause you are honking and even this level seems too much for you. Our defence looks happy to boot it anywhere, do we have a midfield? And as for our front play see comment re Ross. With Jackson out till next year, O'Neill till whenever, Dale maybe done for ever, Pabs still missing, Graham and Trouten just coming back and the young guys - Lynas, Elliot and Buchanan all struggling we are in deep shite. A couple of loanees are needed because as it stands we do not have enough to shake the team up. Don't go with the shouts of Dods must go but by eck it better get better or we will do a Forfar!

Seems familiar.

12 minutes ago, east fife for life said:

Do Brechin still allow other teams to use that coo field of a pitch? What an embarrassment of a playing surface.

I hope we can kick on from here and climb the table. Thought we were the better team yday and limited Brechin to very little although they did miss a sitter but we were due a break. Mon the Fife

Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of a sand based pitch paid for by developers . We have found our own way in life and  fund any improvements ourselves. 

8 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of a sand based pitch paid for by developers . We have found our own way in life and  fund any improvements ourselves. 

Bit harsh on our Methil friends i'm sure when they sold old Bayview they got less for housing than the original retail idea. Anyway nothing wrong with selling an old ground to build a new one - they sold an old asset to finance a more modern new one with obviously a decent pitch put in whats the problem in that.

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

Bit harsh on our Methil friends i'm sure when they sold old Bayview they got less for housing than the original retail idea. Anyway nothing wrong with selling an old ground to build a new one - they sold an old asset to finance a more modern new one with obviously a decent pitch put in whats the problem in that.

I agree with this and the chance that Brechin had years ago to do this is gone and will probably never come round again:shutup

16 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Just highlighting that clubs like us and yourselves have to work with what they have got with limited resources.  Fair enough the pitch has taken a pounding with the two games this past week , much more to do with the frost coming out followed by a couple of days of pishing rain than the fact of the pitch being shite .  Unfortunate timing with the cameras being here but we can live with that. 

13 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

I agree with this and the chance that Brechin had years ago to do this is gone and will probably never come round again:shutup

Going by popular opinion though, I think people much prefer coming to homely places like the glebe rather than the soulless one stand grounds that developers offer nowadays.  The idea of a new stadium was great but there were so many other factors to consider , like location and transport , nearby facilities , multiple use for the community and who would actually  use it when the novelty wears off as our new community campus has found out to it's cost. Not to mention the issue of sole ownership which we would most likely have had to relinquish with such a project. 

I think credit has to go to our committee for looking into these factors instead of jumping blindly into accepting a facility not fit for purpose.  We are a community club based within the community , not on the outskirts .  I would hope that we can develop what we've got when the opportunity arises and not be bulldozed into some developer's profit making scheme. 

I get the jist of what you are meaning and never even mentioned your pitch. I know fine well both City and Cowden have to get bye on what they have and do it the best they can.

East Fife saw an opportunity and took it I imagine we would have done similar.

Archived