Clyde v Edinburgh

We brought on two wingers and never once went down the wing.

Absolutely a waste of an afternoon.

Incidently, does anyone know what our tactics were today? Personally, I've no idea. Kick and rush?

Maybe BF knows oh hold on wait a minute ha ha

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Edinburgh city are a very organised outfit, not great but they play for any point they can get and play that way very well not surprised by this at all

We were dreadful Edinburgh sat in but our tactics were hopeless it's between yourselves and Forfar for title think Forfar will win it though but will be close

As soon as we started the long ball stuff after 30 seconds, I knew the game would be rotten. It rarely gives success and never entertains.

If this was a tactic to be considered, why get rid of Gemmell and resign Higgins?

Then again, why resign Higgins full stop.

How we miss Easton and Lowden!

Not a great game but a good point for City. City stuck to their game plan and kept their shape well restricting Clyde to very few real opportunities. No idea what Clyde's game plan was other than to see if the could give one of the City centre halfs concussion from heading the ball repeatedly. 

Two words today. Utter shite

Anyway , Roll on forfar

Foreva n eva

Just need to make sure we get in play offs not sure what Ferguson 's thinking was today starting to lose the faith in him can't think of our player we have signed who has improved under him Flynn looked great last year but now judge one of many

Fingers crossed

Only positive is that a year ago Gibson would've thrown one in and we'd have lost. 

I suppose it's also a positive that Higgins will surely be dropped after another anonymous performance. Playing against a team like that, he's arguably the most important player as he's supposed to be finding bits of space. Team selection was wrong ultimately and it's obvious we'd have been better with Flynn, Miller and Tiffoney in instead of Higgins, Ferguson and Gormley (who didn't have the worst game in the world).

I didn't think Peaso's goal was offside at all, and they should have had a penalty when the same player blocked a shot with both hands.

Disappointed that we kept trying to get in down both wings when Edinburgh's adventurous 541 had that blocked off completely. Should've overloaded in the middle as that means an error is likely to lead to an effort on goal, rather than merely a chance to put a cross in.

Nothing wrong with a long ball or two against a deep defensive line like that. We had a fair bit of joy in terms of getting the ball in advanced areas when it was directed towards McNiff/Gormley. Sadly, too much went towards Peaso and whilst he was never going to win the ball directly, a bit better movement and pace behind him would've seen us pick up more second balls. Would help if we hook Smith or Perry in a game like that as well and move McNeil into the centre as he's a much better passer.

Only positive is that a year ago Gibson would've thrown one in and we'd have lost. 
I suppose it's also a positive that Higgins will surely be dropped after another anonymous performance. Playing against a team like that, he's arguably the most important player as he's supposed to be finding bits of space. Team selection was wrong ultimately and it's obvious we'd have been better with Flynn, Miller and Tiffoney in instead of Higgins, Ferguson and Gormley (who didn't have the worst game in the world).
I didn't think Peaso's goal was offside at all, and they should have had a penalty when the same player blocked a shot with both hands.
Disappointed that we kept trying to get in down both wings when Edinburgh's adventurous 541 had that blocked off completely. Should've overloaded in the middle as that means an error is likely to lead to an effort on goal, rather than merely a chance to put a cross in.
Nothing wrong with a long ball or two against a deep defensive line like that. We had a fair bit of joy in terms of getting the ball in advanced areas when it was directed towards McNiff/Gormley. Sadly, too much went towards Peaso and whilst he was never going to win the ball directly, a bit better movement and pace behind him would've seen us pick up more second balls. Would help if we hook Smith or Perry in a game like that as well and move McNeil into the centre as he's a much better passer.

Quite clear Flynn has fell out of favour with manager (as many have in the past ) he will be shipped out the door in January another talented player who has went downhill after joining us
In his interview Ferguson all but conceded that our challenge for the title is gone (stating the blindingly obvious) with goal difference we are effectively 11 points behind that would require Forfar to lose 4 more games than us till the end of the season providing we won all our game ok you could throw in some draws on either side , no excuses today about small squad blah blah blah terrible team selection today three guys on bench should have started
All about wee cup run and making play offs

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Thanks go to the friendly and helpful Broadwood staff and fans from Clyde's Club 58 today who were asked, at very short notice, to imitate the classic 1994 image of Mr Blobby with Meadowbank Thistle fans in Broadwood's West Stand. Unfortunately for us, the coach driver for the supporters bus got lost and he couldn't find our pick-up point at the Edinburgh City Social Club at the Loch Inn and we ended up arriving 45 minutes later than planned. (15 minutes before kick-off). That didn't leave us enough time to organise the recreation of the original Blobby picture properly or get enough people involved but in the end the Clyde fans did us proud with a great photo shoot. More images and the full background story will appear in the Edinburgh City fanzine Issue 12. (Out 7 January 2017 - Edinburgh City v Arbroath)

Clyde fans from Club 58 asked to imitate iconic 1994 image of Mr Blobby with Meadowbank Thistle fans at Broadwoods West Stand (2).JPG

they Clyde fans are more handsome than Fat Pat et al  in the original photo anyway!

sounds like today was a good day to go Christmas shopping.. well done me :)

lumping high balls at Big Joe- tactical genius (penis that is)* Bazza...

(*this is a line from a Wildhearts song called Genius Penis. So there) 

f**k Edinburgh and all its contents, yesterday we were dire,  no fight,  slow in moving the ball and lacked any creativity, it was obvious we needed Tiffony on earlier than he was, has flynn pumped someone's maw? What's he done not to deserve a game. 

We needed 9 points from the last 3 games from teams that we should have enough to beat. If he is bringing a couple of new faces in it better be soon as we could be 13 points behind after the forfar game which I'm really worried about. 

Flynn had calf injury only reason he aint been playing im told. Maybe on bench to make up numbers like Edinburgh done yday with beattie who is out till new year,Either that or felt he wasnt quite ready but im sure he would have done a job half fit as were truly awful,Edinburgh pressed us all over park and deserved at least a point-On that performance they wont finish bottom which was bold statement two month ago.....

Good call yesterday from a regular that we should stick we fergie into the 20s if allowed,Give him game time and get his confidence back,We need to look after him and playing him in games & that enviroment yday wont help the lad...

Been saying since the weekend of eastons injury play off best and just hope we dont blow that place.

Need few faces in espicially with pace up front

Agree that we lack pace in forward positions. Then again, we didn't bring on the pace available until later in the game.

As much as I hate this kind of football, if we are going to continue shelling the ball from deep positions into the box, would we be better signing a big target man?

Flynn had calf injury only reason he aint been playing im told. Maybe on bench to make up numbers like Edinburgh done yday with beattie who is out till new year,Either that or felt he wasnt quite ready but im sure he would have done a job half fit as were truly awful,Edinburgh pressed us all over park and deserved at least a point-On that performance they wont finish bottom which was bold statement two month ago.....

Good call yesterday from a regular that we should stick we fergie into the 20s if allowed,Give him game time and get his confidence back,We need to look after him and playing him in games & that enviroment yday wont help the lad...

Been saying since the weekend of eastons injury play off best and just hope we dont blow that place.

Looking at Flynn after the substitutions he was totally fed up and the other players .we're talking to him obviously trying to give him a lift
He won't be there after Xmas He obviously has transgressed with Ferguson as said I have back Ferguson from start but the amount of players he is going through is worrying these guys look good with other clubs come to us start ok then go completely off form something is wrong as I said early can't think of one player in the past 2 1/2 seasons we have improved

17 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

The big disappointment at the game was the food wagon. No pies for sale and no vegetarian option.. I hear the pies are only for sale at the Home end. Anyway, what was on offer for the meat eaters was fair enough and the tea was OK. You got to put your own milk in and they left the tea bag in the cup. Cheese Burgers and hotdogs (with onions) were the only hot food. Our co-editor doesn't eat red meat and there were no chicken burgers today, so she settled for a bun with a slice of cheese and lots of onions on top.

Clyde chuck wagon at away end.JPG

We get mostly pies, I tried to get to that van to get myself a hotdog to be told it's only for the away fans :P very daft set up 

Archived