Most iconic game of the 21st century?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Inverness also beat Celtic 3-2 in the Scottish cup semi finals in an excellent game a couple of years back before going on to win the cup.

Was nearly as good as Ross County spanking them in the Semi's. 

Very true.  And I can't see them ever making it into even the Quarters of the Scottish again too considering they have won one game since 2012 including 3 against us. The Laptop Lapdog might have us sussed though, you never know.

Tbf to Hearts they don't actually care about winning trophies. A healthy balance sheet and a lego breeze block stand seems to be as good as it gets for them. Cathro has a big job on his hands trying to switch back the balance of power.

4 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Tbf to Hearts they don't actually care about winning trophies. A healthy balance sheet and a lego breeze block stand seems to be as good as it gets for them. Cathro has a big job on his hands trying to switch back the balance of power.

Considering he had a lower positional position at Newcastle that Colin the clown Calderwood had when he left to come to us I would highly doubt his credentials to do so. he does have Levein, who has won zero in his playing or managerial career as his mentor though so you never know.  They do have their new main stand that's as good as our cheapest stand and might sell out the second biggest footballing stadium in the capital from time to time so they will be delighted.

I heard a rumour when Cathro was approached his first question about the new stand was does it have windows? Might just be hearsay though.

that clip of the angry Celtic fans also brought back memories of st Mirren walloping them 4-0 aswell . 

Also remember that season we were way out in front and it got to March/April time and we were just coasting along to the title and it was a case of of when and not if in regards to winning the league , just stacking up wins and no immediate sign of any sort of wobble then st Johnstone just randomly pumped us 4-1

Inverness also beat Celtic 3-2 in the Scottish cup semi finals in an excellent game a couple of years back before going on to win the cup.

That would have been a contender for me had Hibs not won it. One of the most enjoyable games I've ever witnessed. I had a twenty on Eddie Ofere anytime as well. I was chuffed fir Inverness that season. It pans in to Yogi celebrating on of the goals and Latapy's smile is absolutely hilarious :lol:

That Handball and the following seethe from Andy Walker....672076add53f51466cb3380b0c6ebc40.jpg

Kilmarnock beating Celtic in the league cup final aswell in 2012 , along with hearts beating them in the semi of the Scottish a month or so later after a last minute penalty just after Celtic had equilized late on if I remember . The follwing 5 weeks of pie and bovril was a salt n sauce fest 

eta : who did hibs beat in the semi that year?

See am thinking that , experienced it before aswell in the 2002 Scottish cup final albeit I was still just a young pup at the time . But if you gave me the option of a last minute winner v Celtic in a final or destroying them 5-1 over the 90 minutes and the 90 minutes of sheer winding up that would come with that , all I am saying is I would find it very hard to choose between the two . 

Sadly all these dreams are over.

Despite any scoreline the joke will always firmly be on the new club in Govan and on the fans who allowed their real club to die.

Delicious.

It's got to be the 2016 Scottish Cup Final. That's the game that sprung immediately to mind as soon as I saw the title. For all the reasons already quoted, it's also worth remembering the whole "Hibs'd it" patter that was ingrained by that point. Hands down the winner.

Also went for 6-6 and McFadden.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

The most iconic game of the 21st century?  It's only two thousand and fucking sixteen!  No wonder these no marks have such an easy time when folk jump on the bandwagon so willingly.

True granny , the Scottish cup semi in 2088 is all set to be a belter , disgrace it has not been added 

3 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

True granny , the Scottish cup semi in 2088 is all set to be a belter , disgrace it has not been added 

Dundee United v Sevco Mark IV?  I reckon we will win but I wouldn't rule out a consololation Kenny Miller goal.

I thoroughly enjoyed the 2 wins Dundee United had over rangers. The one where the **** boycotted and went behind after something like 15 seconds before losing 3-0 when they had the likes of sandaza and Kyle upfront. Then the Scottish cup semi where they were dismantled on their own patch 3-1 with simeson having a nightmare in goals. That game was the game that Kickstarted their laughable run which continued into the next season where they received the boaby multiple times from both Hibernian and hearts including a 6-1 demolition from Motherwell at the end of the season.

I fucking love Scottish football sometimes.

Archived