TV/Radio Rights-Rangers and the BBC

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Even when that football club belongs to an organisation which is paid to allow radio and tv coverage of the club's games?

If the BBC has a contractual right to cover games and this is being denied then they have legal recourse.  If they fail to follow through on that then its an issue for the BBC not Sevco.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gollumtweet1.png

This is what started it all.

Rangers fans started a petition to get him sacked on the back of it, and their spineless club went along with the fans instead of actually dealing with the sectarian singing. Graham Spiers was sacked from his job, after saying that Rangers fans used to sing bigoted songs but had now stopped, and that in the old days a Director had praised the "Billy Boys" song, for some reason this started another petition, which saw the newspaper force him, and a fellow journalist who tried to support him, out their job.

Rangers fans can mewl and try and defend their club all they like, but its clear to anyone without any bias that they're trying to force the media into reporting what they want, or they'll get you sacked. As its not a one-off incident.

Spiersy apologised for that article.

Bears had a laugh at his expense.

Spiers ego couldn't handle this.

Ms Haggerty then steamed in shouting NUJ! and inflamed everything. 

Spiersy then blogged his original comments, slagged off his employers but couldn't back up his claims.

Spiersy got sacked and the bears chuckled.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Spiersy apologised for that article.

Bears had a laugh at his expense.

Spiers ego couldn't handle this.

Ms Haggerty then steamed in shouting NUJ! and inflamed everything. 

Spiersy then blogged his original comments, slagged off his employers but couldn't back up his claims.

Spiersy got sacked and the bears chuckled.

The earth is flat

Still going strong

Brexit means brexit

I can't believe it's not butter

8 hours ago, StandFree03 said:

It never ceases to amaze me that Rangers fans on here have absolutely no idea what goes on at their own club yet act like some sort of authority on all things Rangers. 

It certainly doesn't amaze me that a fair few posters on here know more about the happenings at Ibrox than I do.  I also look askance at those who complain at the prominence we get in the media when we're also the most posted-about team on P&B.

Clearly there's a huge demand for news and discussion about Rangers.  The MSM, The Blogs and P&B are simply meeting that need, however pathetic it may be.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

It certainly doesn't amaze me that a fair few posters on here know more about the happenings at Ibrox than I do.  I also look askance at those who complain at the prominence we get in the media when we're also the most posted-about team on P&B.

Clearly there's a huge demand for news and discussion about Rangers.  The MSM, The Blogs and P&B are simply meeting that need, however pathetic it may be.

....and Sevco:whistle

But the volume of posting reflects the Ibrox shitebaggery, not popularity.

12 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:

....and Sevco:whistle

But the volume of posting reflects the Ibrox shitebaggery, not popularity.

Whatever casuistry you care to use it reflects poorly on the the forum.  If posters want the MSM to reflect Scottish football in the round (and they should) then they should sort out their own midden first IMO.

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Whatever casuistry you care to use it reflects poorly on the the forum.  If posters want the MSM to reflect Scottish football in the round (and they should) then they should sort out their own midden first IMO.

It doesn't reflect poorly at all.

I can't stand Rangers and this makes me very interested in what's happening round them.  Pretty straightforward.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I can't stand Rangers and this makes me very interested in what's happening round them.  Pretty straightforward.

What's straightforward?  I could make a lengthy list of things I can't stand and never post about.  You, though, are one of the guilty parties.  You are, without doubt, culpable in making P&B the Sevco-obsessed parody that it has become.

As I said...if folk want balance in the MSM then we need to start with out own forum.  You justifying it doesn't help.

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

What's straightforward?  I could make a lengthy list of things I can't stand and never post about.  You, though, are one of the guilty parties.  You are, without doubt, culpable in making P&B the Sevco-obsessed parody that it has become.

As I said...if folk want balance in the MSM then we need to start with out own forum.  You justifying it doesn't help.

So people who are fascinated by say, inequality or the regime in North Korea, must be fans of such things, or there's something intrinsically wrong with such a degree of interest?

I don't know what your problem is.

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So people who are fascinated by say, inequality or the regime in North Korea, must be fans of such things, or there's something intrinsically wrong with such a degree of interest?

You're a goose-step short of a Nuremberg rally if you make such an allusion.

I'm keen that P&B is, truly, Scottish football's staple-diet.  That you want to maintain it as a Sevco-obsessed snore-fest simply reflects your own shortcomings.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're on goose-step short of a Nuremberg rally if you make such an allusion.

I'm keen that P&B is, truly, Scottish football's staple-diet.  That you want to maintain it as a Sevco-obsessed snore-fest simply reflects your own shortcomings.

I trust you're deliberately missing the point here, or you're rather less intelligent than I'd supposed.

The reality is of course that the vast majority of threads on here don't have anything to do with Rangers.  Like you though, I quite enjoy the ones that do.

That's actually fine Kincardine.

Archived