The Sons v The Bairns 17/12/16

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were fucking dreadful and were deservedly beaten.

That was worse than the second half last week, we were absolutely toothless today and I've got absolutely no idea why he thought bringing Shepherd on for Miller was going to work. That miss at the end just sums Shepherd up he's never going to be good enough.

Struggling to find any positives about that shite today. Gallacher done alright I suppose.

Poor, very poor.
Not one summer signing in the team tells its own story.
Too many journeymen in the side who have run their course. McCracken, Kerr, Baird, Muirhead, Craigen and Miller. Clearout in the summer required, maybe even in the managers office too.

Thought Luca was a superstar?

21 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Dumbarton scored four times as many goals today as they normally do in a home match!

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Let them score four times as many goals as they normally do

If I'd a pound for every Sons game I've been at in my life where we've scored half a goal.....

Houston shook a team up that wasn't losing...to enable us to lose to a team second bottom of the league and let them score four times as many goals as they normally do.

He shouldn't have tinkered when we weren't losing

We were absolutely shite last week and were very fortunate to get a point. With the size of squad we've got he was right to make changes but he didn't make the right ones. Kerr and Muirhead should've been punted right out the team after their performances last week.

We've went from having a team of too many young players with few experience and now we're too far the other way. We had quite an experienced bench tonight but there was absolutely f**k all there to change a game.

How was gallacher today?

He was ok. Defensively he wasn't really tested all that much but I thought he looked quite nervous going forward with the ball. There was a few times I was hoping he'd drive on and attack but instead he'd stop and pass the ball back or inside at the first chance.

Seriously you thought kerr and Muirhead were the worst offenders last week?

Along with Craigen and Gasparotto.

I really like Muirhead but his distribution is dreadful. If we're not going to play with a proper option wide on the right we really should be playing Kidd there. As much as I don't rate him defensively he is much better going forward.

Kerr has been poor recently but if him playing means that Rankin isn't then I'll take it.

Archived