Lost

EdgarusQPFC

9 minutes ago, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

No idea at all mate but would make sense as he was a really good character. Is it the same guy in get rich or die trying??

Watch out guys, this could be a trap to get you to admit to watching Get Rich or Die Tryin'.

I read that pretty much until the end of season 5 the writers were happy with the idea of the Smoke monster being a security system for the island(be it made by the island or a man made stream of nano machines being the most popular theories) Then all of a sudden its a guy from ancient fucking Rome who just really wants to leave the island and was every single hallucination, dead person and at one point even posed as a fucking spider or some shit. As ive not seen it yet it sounds like season 6 completely and utterly fucked many of the story lines. 

The man made security system that goes rogue because of the island and all its electromagnetic waves it emits is definitely my favorite theory, strikes me as odd that Dharma could build all their facilities on the island while having to deal with the monster and that they are able to develop a sonic tower system that repels it if they didn't accidentally create the bloody thing. Not to mention the Dharma lot seemingly yolo'd around the fucking island without a care prior to the purge and all that fun. Can you imagine how frequently build teams and other staff would be getting killed off while trying to assemble their stations? 

The first two series' were brilliant, ground breaking telly. Then it just got stupid. I'm sure I read that the writers themselves didn't even know what they were going to write next. Daft. 

^^^Basically this.

Think I made it as far as season 3 then gave up as it as it just got silly.

ETA: After a few seasons the writers apparently did have no clue what they were going to write next as the production company sold the rights to broadcast another few seasons in various different countries, making the show longer than was originally intended.

I stuck with the show the whole way through first time around but it definitely got more preposterous as it got to series 5-6. I still enjoyed it enough but looking back I think the ending was forced.

Echoing others, I'm sure they had a 4 season plan but, due to its popularity, they had string it on for 6 as the studio wanted to cash in.

You could see almost pointless filler episodes starting to creep in even in season 2. The one I always remember is Bernard trying to make an SOS out of stones on the beach.

Season 3 was shit because of the writers strike. Season 4, I'm sure, was great when they had the Daniel guy who understood the time travel aspect. Season 5 was not bad and the story's decent enough if you just assume it ends with the finale and ignore season 6. IMO.

From what I remember at the time, the writers knew what happened at the start and what happened at the end, and had a bunch of ideas for things in the middle. However because it kept getting indefinitely extended, they couldn't structure it properly towards a finale.

Apparently would have been a very different show if they had said "OK you've got 7 series - Go."

Would completely agree with the thoughts that the show as a whole is at times brilliant and terrible. The flashback episode surrounding Richard Alpert's back-story is probably the best TV I've ever seen, and it came right in the middle of a terrible run of episodes.

Sun is a total babe, it might be cause ive a weak spot for asian women but i always thought she was the looker of the series. Evangeline Lilly does have an amazing body tho. Agree that kate is a whiney Cow. Notice how many situations on Lost could have been avoided if the characters cut the bullshit and were simply honest, Kate and Locke are probably the worst culprits of this.

Back to my theory tho, Dominic Monaghan came into Lost just after finishing the LOTR films so he was definitely on a career high point, but since Lost the most noteworthy thing he has done is a minor role in the crappy wolverine movie (That xmen origins one, the total mess) and a Wildlife documentary series which Channel 5 of all places decided not to show again after 1 series. 

He was the lead in 100 code which aired here on sky Atlantic. Pretty decent series and he was pretty good in it. Hardly struggling for work like most of the other cast.

Archived