Old Firm Colts in L2

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You didn't answer my question yesterday but it's ok i'm sure McCart and mullholland are still going around every club to get their feedback,for the vote in the spring.

I must of missed it, what was it?

All 12 premier clubs are for the proposal
I think the clubs in the championship biggest concern would be how it effects the currant loan system most of them i think will be for it.
The tipping point will be league 1  
Most clubs in league 2 are against it,
So for me it's very tight,the fact it's only a pilot scheme may get it approved,then have another vote in 2 years time.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

34 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You didn't answer my question yesterday but it's ok i'm sure McCart and mullholland are still going around every club to get their feedback,for the vote in the spring.

You didn't answer Dunning's question yesterday;

23 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Please do. What point are you actually trying to make here?

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Posting about Ryan Christie and Scott Allan and posting about a Lincoln city  was irrelevant to this thread so i didn't  feel the need to answer. 

Yet another bizarre post to avoid clarifying what someone has asked of you. It's time the mods put you out of your misery here.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Yet another bizarre post to avoid clarifying what someone has asked of you. It's time the mods put you out of your misery here.

You are the one bring down the tone by mud slinging there is no need for it,posting different points of view is what this is all about.

45 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think the clubs in the championship biggest concern would be how it effects the currant loan system most of them i think will be for it.

Based on?

I think you are likely right that Championship clubs biggest concern will be the inevitable reduction in availability of young OF loan players. I fail therefore to see any benefit at all to Championship clubs and am puzzled by this leap to suggest most will be for it. 

Dunfermline have already said no. Managers of several other clubs have said it would have no benefit  (including ours).  A few may potentially be looking at their own prospects of being back at lower level in the medium term.

59 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

All 12 premier clubs are for the proposal
The tipping point will be league 1  
Most clubs in league 2 are against it,
So for me it's very tight,the fact it's only a pilot scheme may get it approved,then have another vote in 2 years time.

Was this the 'question' you asked me yesterday? If so my response. 

Premier

• For it... So they say, I would be very surprised if fan owned Motherwell backed this without consulting fans, same for Hearts
  • Risk of losing promising young players
  • Fan pressure
  • Possible tangible benefit in the few other clubs interested in Colt teams, this is by no means all 12

Championship clubs

• Fan pressure again, fans of these clubs are against it so why would they vote against fans when they have no tangible benefit?
  • Fringe promising youngsters. St Mirren as an example this season have loaned out seven players under 21 to L1/ L2 sides. Players for the future that could end up at Colts teams as there's clear evidence from Challenge cup that Celtic/ Rangers would have to strengthen their youth teams. 
  • Fan owned clubs again St Mirren and Dundee united with Dunfermline having a fan influence on the board. Club suicide (especially for St Mirren to vote against fans they need to keep paying money to their club)

League 1

• Again fan power
  • Would lose arguably first team young players to Colts with any bright talent being a risk
  • No tangible benefit, Colts can't be promoted, no financial benefit 

League 2 

• Only clubs that have been vocally against it and the clubs that get the only clear benefit (if you can call the bribe a benefit) 
  • If the league where tangible impact can be tested are against it, I don't see how you can come to the conclusion other leagues that have been quiet are for it. 

Outside of all this, we have responses from enough clubs to suggest this will be scrapped. (Off the record and on the record)

21 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Based on?

I think you are likely right that Championship clubs biggest concern will be the inevitable reduction in availability of young OF loan players. I fail therefore to see any benefit at all to Championship clubs and am puzzled by this leap to suggest most will be for it. 

Dunfermline have already said no. Managers of several other clubs have said it would have no benefit  (including ours).  A few may potentially be looking at their own prospects of being back at lower level in the medium term.

The way i see it,it shouldnt effect the currant loan system,players that improve more than others will get loaned out to championship clubs the rest will stay in the colt teams and continue to develop for 1 to 3 seasons in league 2.

The way i see it,it shouldnt effect the currant loan system,players that improve more than others will get loaned out to championship clubs the rest will stay in the colt teams and continue to develop for 1 to 3 seasons in league 2.

Aye but what about the Celtic players?

I’m ashamed of myself.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What about fan impact? You seem to completely avoid this subject. I guarantee I will not renew my St Mirren season ticket next year if we vote yes to this. I am very sure I'm not the only one across several club fan bases. Why on earth are clubs voting yes to a proposal that you've admitted gives them zero benefit but risks them losing fan numbers?

43 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Nah, he's still posting...

Aye seems a bit odd that were on to page 113 of this topic & I stand to be corrected but would be surprized if there have been more than a handful of Old Firm supporters shown any interest in the subject which probably shows they have no interest in anything but there own first teams. Unfortunately there is one (you know who you are) that seems to be only interested in trying to get Celtic into league 2 don't know if this is just jealousy as the other mob have that title to their name  due to the last time clubs listened to supporters & voted for sporting integrity rather than being bullied into letting them away with it. Of course having to start again at that level gave them a chance to more than likely win the title win a team of talented youngsters, did they take that option no.

9 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

What about fan impact? You seem to completely avoid this subject. I guarantee I will not renew my St Mirren season ticket next year if we vote yes to this. I am very sure I'm not the only one across several club fan bases. Why on earth are clubs voting yes to a proposal that you've admitted gives them zero benefit but risks them losing fan numbers?

Ok how many fans have st mirren got on their books?do st mirren send a letter to each one to get a yes or no answer?how do you gauge the %? Why would you not go to see your team if it has no effect on your team?

30 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

Even if my club vote against it and it goes through, I won't continue my support.  What's the point? A league system which bends over for the 2 biggest clubs and absolves competition in one of their senior leagues for those 2 clubs is not a league system I can support. I understand why people will still go if their club rejects it but it won't be for me.

Another incredibly thick post from wastecoatwilly above though. How do you gauge fan opinion :lol: Fucking hell.