Old Firm Colts in L2

5 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Every club is accountable. Shut up that's the stupidest thing I have read. How are lower league clubs accountable for the national team failure to qualify. I know you wont back up your statement and we will leave it there. 

How many players have came through the youth ranks or played for Queens that have went on play for Scotland in the last 10 years?

Edited by wastecoatwilly

How many players have came through the youth ranks or played for Queens that have went on play for Scotland in the last 10 years?
Grant hanley was with us till about 14 or 15 years old i think. I don't know of anyone else but that is more my lack of knowledge on the matter.

35 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:
48 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Grant hanley was with us till about 14 or 15 years old i think. I don't know of anyone else but that is more my lack of knowledge on the matter.

Between QOTS and Forfar they have contributed one player in Grant hanley  to play for Scotland in the last 10 years,Queens are full-time fecking hell.
Do Queens deserve a vote in this proposal?
Where's @ monkey tennis 

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Between QOTS and Forfar they have contributed one player in Grant hanley  to play for Scotland in the last 10 years,Queens are full-time fecking hell.
Do Queens deserve a vote in this proposal?
Where's @ monkey tennis 

Oh ffs, here's me thinking we were having a fairly sensible discussion about bringing on youth players but you really are a bit of an arse eh?

Only entitled to vote if you've provided more than 1 senior Scotland player in the last 10 years?
Of course, Celtic and Rangers will have to sit it out as they are the 2 gaining most.

2 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Oh ffs, here's me thinking we were having a fairly sensible discussion about bringing on youth players but you really are a bit of an arse eh?

Only entitled to vote if you've provided more than 1 senior Scotland player in the last 10 years?
Of course, Celtic and Rangers will have to sit it out as they are the 2 gaining most.

Come on you know were i'm coming from here it's tongue'n'cheek,Forfar are part-time but Queens are full-time it's a must do better tag.

Latest news from my mole in the SFA.

Apparently they've now narrowed the short leet to replace Stewart Regan down to two. Leanne Dempster was the initial shoe-in candidate, but several members of the selection committee are avid P&B followers, particularly in the hotbed of activity that is the League Two forum, and the level of Wastecoatwilly's intellectual grasp of the problems besetting our national game have not escaped their attention.

Giggle all you want, but a bunch of my mates used to scoff at a local comedian's prospects of making it big, and now that he has he's only too quick to point out, "well you're not laughing now." Trust me, it will only be a matter of days before Willy is seen on national TV standing proudly erect on the steps outside Hampden.

7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Come on you know were i'm coming from here it's tongue'n'cheek,Forfar are part-time but Queens are full-time it's a must do better tag.

Aye what a diddy club we are only one 1 international that I can think of has come through our youth set up that I can think of. Seriously though we are a small full time club with a fairly decent catchment area to draw in potential talent. One big problem is finances and coaching ability not just our club. I do think we have a fairly healthy record though of players who come to us many go on to bigger clubs. Stephen Dobbie is obvious but guys like Kevin Holt (local), Mark Durnan and Gavin Reilly (local) have gone on to bigger clubs in last few years. It might not be producing internationals but it's a step towards it rather than away. 

Edited by Doonhamer doon south

3 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Aye what a diddy club we are only one 1 international that I can think of has come through our youth set up that I can think of. Seriously though we are a small full time club with a fairly decent catchment area to draw in potential talent. One big problem is finances and coaching ability not just our club. I do think we have a fairly healthy record though of players who come to us many go on to bigger clubs. Stephen Dobbie is obvious but guys like Kevin Holt (local), Mark Durnan and Gavin Reilly (local) have gone on to bigger clubs in last few years. It might not be producing internationals but it's a step towards it rather than away. 

QOS have had one player in the last 10 years? I wonder what their budget ratio is to Celtic? Hamilton are the lowest in the SP and their wage bill is roughly 1/20 that of Celtic, assuming QOS is lower, I wonder who has the better correlation in developing Scotland internationals in the last 10 years....

10 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

QOS have had one player in the last 10 years? I wonder what their budget ratio is to Celtic? Hamilton are the lowest in the SP and their wage bill is roughly 1/20 that of Celtic, assuming QOS is lower, I wonder who has the better correlation in developing Scotland internationals in the last 10 years....

Ah, the old financial ratio bit again eh. The way you're going on, anyone would think that Brendan Rodgers draws similar comparisons when our League Champions embarrass the country with their heavy defeats in the Champions League. The sooner we get Colts into L2, the quicker we can get useless untalented players like Dembele, Sinclar and Roberts out of the picture and bring in the new Scottish Messis who will have learned their trade playing total football on muddy energy-sapping pitches against part-time cloggers. The future's bright - the future's Wastecoatwilly!

15 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

like I say that's only one I can think of. I believe Gav Reilly could be a Scotland cap in the future given the age of current Scotland strikers. Our youth budget I imagine is not very big and that's why I mentioned those players that are playing at bigger clubs (add McShane). We as a club do all right. We keep ourselves ahead of the Part timers and try to close the gap on those ahead of us. Its not our or any clubs responsibility to make Scotland caps. That's a by product of building a successful team of players.

31 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Ah, the old financial ratio bit again eh. The way you're going on, anyone would think that Brendan Rodgers draws similar comparisons when our League Champions embarrass the country with their heavy defeats in the Champions League. The sooner we get Colts into L2, the quicker we can get useless untalented players like Dembele, Sinclar and Roberts out of the picture and bring in the new Scottish Messis who will have learned their trade playing total football on muddy energy-sapping pitches against part-time cloggers. The future's bright - the future's Wastecoatwilly!

I always think it's a curious notion that Celtic fans bemoan the spending power of PSG and other teams and say they just buy success when they do every bit the exact same thing in Scotland just at a much lower level. Them and their now deceased blue brothers haven't won a trophy in merit in over a generation. Celtic wage budget is closer in comparison to PSG than League Cup runners up Motherwell is to Celtics. 

I'm not saying financial ratios are the perfect comparison, just that it's not really fair for Celtic fans to have a dig at smaller clubs when their recnt history of youth development has been nothing but poor. 

15 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

mix of tongue in cheek and serious failings in the Scotland set up. This thread has descended into silly statements I just adding one more 

Chris Iwelumo called up at 28 for the first time 

Chris Martin 25

Jamie Murphy 26

Russell Martin 25 (was playing for Peterborough at same age Reilly is now)

None of which are particularly good... Stranger things have happened. Not saying he 100% will but I certainly wouldn't completely write-off or scoff at the boy. 

6 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

Chris Martin 25

Jamie Murphy 26

None of which are particularly good... Stranger things have happened. Not saying he 100% will but I certainly wouldn't completely write-off or scoff at the boy. 

That's sort of what I am getting at. Its tongue in cheek but could happen. I was going with the fact the Scotland strikers are all older than him. Gav is going back to the Premier League with St Mirren but its not beyond the realms of possibility that he snapped up by a bigger club and starts getting noticed. You never know. 

4 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

If clubs are failing to bring through young talent why do you think Celtic feel the need for colt teams in league 2?
There is nothing better to see for fans than one of your own playing in the first team.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If clubs are failing to bring through young talent why do you think Celtic feel the need for colt teams in league 2?
There is nothing better to see for fans than one of your own playing in the first team.

Well its not because they care about the national team or the lower leagues. It seems very obvious to me that this is about keeping your foot in Scottish football whilst trying to expand onto an elite league that covers European football. If Celtic win the premier league with games to spare do you think they will rest the Scottish Internationals for the national team selection in the summer. I doubt it. At the very least if Celtic want Colts in the pyramid then they start at the bottom. That's something that stinks about the proposal that its bullying into a higher level and bribing there way in and its not even at the back of the line. My club is not failing to bring talent through. Talent is coming through as I have exampled it's just they don't step up to international level.

50 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

Chris Martin 25

Jamie Murphy 26

I would. Reilly won't play for Scotland.

24 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Well its not because they care about the national team or the lower leagues. It seems very obvious to me that this is about keeping your foot in Scottish football whilst trying to expand onto an elite league that covers European football. If Celtic win the premier league with games to spare do you think they will rest the Scottish Internationals for the national team selection in the summer. I doubt it. At the very least if Celtic want Colts in the pyramid then they start at the bottom. That's something that stinks about the proposal that its bullying into a higher level and bribing there way in and its not even at the back of the line. My club is not failing to bring talent through. Talent is coming through as I have exampled it's just they don't step up to international level.

Let me put this another way if clubs where producing enough young talent there wouldn't be a fecking proposal.
To say Celtic don't care about the national team is utter nonsense.
If Celtic win the league with games to spare you will see more game time for the youth players.