Old Firm Colts in L2

37 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If you have a wee look at the domestic cups thread celtic v morton the morton fans seem to disagree.

He’s had a couple decent games this season and has a good free kick on him but for the most part he’s nothing special 

1 hour ago, Bazil85 said:

What hinders us and other teams is we don't have the financial resources, facilities and the ability to maintain as large a number of young players as bigger teams like Celtic and Rangers.

So you hold this against Celtic?Even thou we spend millions on youth development every year,for every Tierney,forrest and McGregor there is a Mcgowan,Van Zantan and Goodwin.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So you hold this against Celtic?Even thou we spend millions on youth development every year,for every Tierney,forrest and McGregor there is a Mcgowan,Van Zantan and Goodwin.

No I don't hold it against Celtic. What I would hold against Celtic and Rangers is them wishing to sort out their failings in the youth market by taking away one of the pyramids competitions at the detriment of football fans.

As I've said, the point of this is for Celtic and Rangers to improve the McGowans, DVZ's and Goodwin's to the point where they don't go for free to teams like St Mirren, they go for a few £100k to clubs returning a higher profit, for example clubs down south. You haven't given one reason why L2 clubs or any other club should be happy with bettering the Glasgow Lovers at the expense of their own teams and against their fans wishes? 

16 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I don’t doubt he’s good in that division but he isn’t worth 300k.

That website is notorious for talking shite about players worth. A rather poor example to back up your claims.

If you go back to Fred's post you will see it had nothing to do with the dosh,he wanted to abandon celtic's youth but if a club wanted to pay 300k good luck to them.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If you go back to Fred's post you will see it had nothing to do with the dosh,he wanted to abandon celtic's youth but if a club wanted to pay 300k good luck to them.

Would you support Celtic and Rangers working to get into the English or some sort of Atlantic league? I don't mean leaving a legacy club in Scotland just in general? 

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You're really struggling with this.

Harkins would have been picked up by another club if Celtic hadn't got to him. He was also pish at Celtic so you're defeating the point you're trying to make. 

Use the likes of McGeady and Tierney as examples of a successful youth policy not a link to a shitey website showing their imaginary valuations of players like David Wotherspoon and Gary Harkins.

Edited by Bobby Skidmarks

20 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

Would you support Celtic and Rangers working to get into the English or some sort of Atlantic league? I don't mean leaving a legacy club in Scotland just in general? 

No i wouldn't support Celtic going any where,i accept were Scottish football is in the food chain it's not the best and not the worse.
Money may dictate that in the future.

24 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

You're really struggling with this.

Harkins would have been picked up by another club if Celtic hadn't got to him. He was also pish at Celtic so you're defeating the point you're trying to make. 

Use the likes of McGeady and Tierney as examples of a successful youth policy not a link to a shitey website showing their imaginary valuations of players like David Wotherspoon and Gary Harkins.

The list of players gives you the good the bad and the ugly of recent players that have played at one point in celtic's youth.
106 players if it was abandoned like Fred said.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The list of players gives you the good the bad and the ugly of recent players that have played at one point in celtic's youth.

FWIW I don't think Celtic should abandon their youth policy, thats just silly. 

But if it didn't exist then 106 players wouldn't be lost to the game, like when you released Andy Robertson for being "too small" at 14. 

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

No i wouldn't support Celtic going any where,i accept were Scottish football is in the food chain it's not the best and not the worse.
Money may dictate that in the future.

So you'd much rather sit in a league with no completion at all buying trophies? No wonder you would support L2 giving up their competition. I can't think of anything worse than being a Celtic fan right now. Closest rival have about a third your budget and the other ten teams combined budget is also lower than yours' Boring, predictable and zero achievement. All Celtic have to look forward to is Rangers getting stronger and Scotland will go back to a two horse race forever more. Never understood fans that don't have a desire for a challenge.  

5 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

FWIW I don't think Celtic should abandon their youth policy, thats just silly. 

But if it didn't exist then 106 players wouldn't be lost to the game, like when you released Andy Robertson for being "too small" at 14. 

You  are contradicting yourself Andy Robertson was not lost to the game.The 106 players were not lost to the game they went on to play at a decent level.

14 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

So you'd much rather sit in a league with no completion at all buying trophies? No wonder you would support L2 giving up their competition. I can't think of anything worse than being a Celtic fan right now. Closest rival have about a third your budget and the other ten teams combined budget is also lower than yours' Boring, predictable and zero achievement. All Celtic have to look forward to is Rangers getting stronger and Scotland will go back to a two horse race forever more. Never understood fans that don't have a desire for a challenge.  

You are going off on a tangent here!Celtic's challenge is in Europe,as far as the league goes Celtic set the bar it's up to the other teams to come up to celtic's level not the other way round.
Hearts came up finished 3rd,rangers 2012 came up finished 3rd,Hibs came up this season could finish 3rd, what about the other 9 happy just to be in the league,killie and motherwell are having a decent season,it took Celtic years to get into this position and loving every minute of it.

52 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

My point is those players would likely have played in someone else's first team earlier and may well have developed better. They certainly wouldn't have been lost to the game.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'll give you an example. Kerr McInroy, Jack Aitchison, Euan Henderson, Robbie Deas. All current U20s at Celtic. If they were at Hearts, Motherwell etc they'd likely be playing in the first team. They'd want these boys playing and developing to get a couple of years out of them and then sell them. However, they are currently not good enough for the celtic first team. So, if Scottish football is to benefit, where's the best place for these kids development. Celtic U20s or Hearts/Motherwell/Hibs first teams..?

Rangers, Zak Rudden etc would probably be first team at a lesser light in the SPFL by now. Not hoping to be part of a colts team in league 2.

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You are going off on a tangent here!Celtic's challenge is in Europe,as far as the league goes Celtic set the bar it's up to the other teams to come up to celtic's level not the other way round.
Hearts came up finished 3rd,rangers 2012 came up finished 3rd,Hibs came up this season could finish 3rd, what about the other 9 happy just to be in the league,killie and motherwell are having a decent season,it took Celtic years to get into this position and loving every minute of it.

No they don't.

The 'it's other teams job to come up and challenge' is the biggest cop out and load of bull the Glasgow lovers say. You have glory hunting fans turning their backs on local teams all over Scotland. It will never happen. These fans line their pockets,  to say other clubs should be coming up to challenge is nonsense.

If you're happy with flash in the pan teams finishing 3rd then fine, I would hate it. Zero competition and bought trophies. You like many fans of Celtic are happy to sit in your comfort zone saying our purse is bigger than yours. 100 trophies, double treble, two champions in 30+ years Zzzzzzzzzzz