Cowdenbeath vs Arbroath

Hate saying this but Arbroath deserves the win.

we were doing alright 2nd half until they scored but it's absolutely not happening for us. Very little quality in our play. Todorov especially just head down and thump it anywhere, he is murder at the back and just doesn't look like a footballer.

a midfield 3 who are all a soft touch, not a tackle in the 3 of them combined.

garbage to watch, fox is lucky the attendances have dwindled or he would be getting a severe roasting.

another step towards triple relegation, but it's ok lads don't panic just keep giving the club money and watch quietly.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have said on a couple of posts regarding skelly as a winger the laddie has found his position. doris again superb great finish from skellys cross. like many lichtie fans was a bit nervous about today but in all honesty we were so superior at times. worrying times for cowdenbeath

Hate saying this but Arbroath deserves the win.
we were doing alright 2nd half until they scored but it's absolutely not happening for us. Very little quality in our play. Todorov especially just head down and thump it anywhere, he is murder at the back and just doesn't look like a footballer.
a midfield 3 who are all a soft touch, not a tackle in the 3 of them combined.
garbage to watch, fox is lucky the attendances have dwindled or he would be getting a severe roasting.
another step towards triple relegation, but it's ok lads don't panic just keep giving the club money and watch quietly.

You thought you were doing ok? You weren't in the game

Have to agree that Philips wasn't great today, seemed to have a couple of defensive lapses that allowed Cowden their chances. Also going forward never really got past his man, a shame as I wanted him to stake his place in the team because he's been pretty good otherwise this season.

5 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

You thought you were doing ok? You weren't in the game

After  surviving a first half which Arbroath could and should have been well ahead we had our best spell in the 10 or 15 minutes before the 1st goal. Only one winner after that goal went in sadly.

Have to agree that Philips wasn't great today, seemed to have a couple of defensive lapses that allowed Cowden their chances. Also going forward never really got past his man, a shame as I wanted him to stake his place in the team because he's been pretty good otherwise this season.

He wasn't great but he did perfectly well I thought. Not one guy deserves criticism, again it's another solid performance from the guys

Only 1 in every 3 megs came off today, usually gets a 100 percent record in that department

To start with I thought Mutch and the strikers were a problem

Mutch now well and truly solved Ricky is a great keeper. Prunty and Doris ticking now, especially Stevie who's been exceptional the last few weeks and Skelly has found a place on the wing

All coming together, the draws are turning into more wins and still only 2 defeats in 16

After  surviving a first half which Arbroath could and should have been well ahead we had our best spell in the 10 or 15 minutes before the 1st goal. Only one winner after that goal went in sadly.

Agree

Was that an open goal that was blocked at start of second half? Hard to see from behind McGurns goal

Can't get why people are sagging Philips he was decent today and put in a couple of cracking balls. Prefer him to sukar at left back.

We dominated that game and can only think of one half chance cowden had. A great end to the year for the Lichties!

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Agree

Was that an open goal that was blocked at start of second half? Hard to see from behind McGurns goal

It looked like Renton couldn't get a decent connection from what I can remember I think it was an open goal. Did you go to the Shimla.

It looked like Renton couldn't get a decent connection from what I can remember I think it was an open goal. Did you go to the Shimla.

Got there a bit late so went to Darias instead I think it's called, chippy place. Was perfectly fine. ;)

And looked like he got a no bad shot off just a decent block. Heart in mouth stuff. Think we took a wee while to adjust to the wind but when we got going in second I thought we played well again.

What's up with Turner?

Im not a huge fan of Phillips but he did well today, can't really think of anything he did wrong. Sukur is a better defender but I like Phillips going forward in particular his linking with Bobby. 

I think Cowdenbeath will finish bottom unless they get some players in or maybe a change of manager. 

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Got there a bit late so went to Darias instead I think it's called, chippy place. Was perfectly fine. ;)

And looked like he got a no bad shot off just a decent block. Heart in mouth stuff. Think we took a wee while to adjust to the wind but when we got going in second I thought we played well again.

What's up with Turner?

There is never any communication from the club regarding Turner. He has been a unused sub for a while now. 

We can only guess that there's either been a fall out, fox just doesn't like players with ability/ individuality, or he's unfit.

who knows?

Archived