Cowdenbeath vs Arbroath

Just now, Smokerson said:

We had a blatant penalty turned away aswel. The referee and standside assistant were pretty awful

Im assuming your talking about the tackle on Linn?? I thought the defender got the ball in all honesty,corner was the correct decision (However if it was on 1 my own players i would have been screaming for it)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im assuming your talking about the tackle on Linn?? I thought the defender got the ball in all honesty,corner was the correct decision (However if it was on 1 my own players i would have been screaming for it)

Looked a penalty to me but I was a fair distance away

Thought Phillip's played well considering it was his first game in quite a few weeks.

Great win, keeps the pressure on forfar. Skelly and doris superb. David gold was also very good.

Anyone slating Phillips is either on the wind up or wasn't there. He was fine today. Better than Sukar has been for about a month

Looked a penalty to me but I was a fair distance away

Think Bobby thought it was a pen. as well, in the end it mattered not, good win against a team sliding towards the Lowland League

Referees at this level are so bad. Thought Linn penalty incident was either a pen or goal kick...gives a corner :lol: same thing happened at Station Park a few weeks ago. Referee should've also clamped down on the Cowden hammer throwers towards the end. Delighted to see Davie Gold waltzing through his 50th game for the broath!

For us...

Gomes - superb as per so confident with him in in comparison to Mutch. At the other end of the ground but looks like he made a crucial save. There when called upon.

Gold - solid 7/10 and had a very important block it looked like, him and Skelly work well together.
Little and Hamilton - solid the 2 of them, Hammy unlucky not to score two, one last ditch save from McGurn and Brett off line from his header.
Phillips - same as gold really decent enough linked well with Bobby.

Skelly - superb left peg doing the business again for the second goal and so nearly scored a great FK off the bar, also hit the bar with a scuffed effort. Clever player. Lucky with the goal but it was on his right, tbf.
Whatley - thought he was everywhere, well played.
McCord - bit quieter but few cracking passes and deliveries, his assist for first, I think?
Linn - so dangerous, always had Cowden worried. Few cracking bits of play and good balls in unlucky nobody there to take advantage.

Doris - been absolutely brilliant the last few weeks, his work rate, causing defenders problems, hold up, link up play. Just superb. What a goal that could've been in the first half. Just over. Really well taken goal to kill game off, hard angle but smashed it home.
Prunty - decent game again, some really good moments, lay off for Doris chance mentioned above was class and he's a hard working moany bass.

Kader also fine quite well from the bench.

All in all though I think Cowden are really disappointing, I was surprised tbh. Just hoofed it all game, the discipline going after 2-0 was really poor too. Doesn't look great for them tbh.

After the last game that ended a draw I was told we should've won 6-2 by a Cowden fan, today one was shouting it should've been 7 and he wished it was 7 so Fox could get the punt!

Happy to finally get a goal and ten get the win, Fermers a difficult game on Boxing Day then we've got a favourable run of games on paper.

Edinburgh, Montrose, Annan and Berwick, 3 of them at home.

Merry Christmas 36-0 ;)

5 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Referees at this level are so bad. Thought Linn penalty incident was either a pen or goal kick...gives a corner :lol: same thing happened at Station Park a few weeks ago. Referee should've also clamped down on the Cowden hammer throwers towards the end. Delighted to see Davie Gold waltzing through his 50th game for the broath!

I thought the referees in Scotland are officials in every league?? (I could be wrong though?).

I think the Skelly/Prunty/Doris/Linn combination is the way ahead although I like Jimmy Scott in my team (maybe an attacking central midfielder?).

I thought the referees in Scotland are officials in every league?? (I could be wrong though?).
I think the Skelly/Prunty/Doris/Linn combination is the way ahead although I like Jimmy Scott in my team (maybe an attacking central midfielder?).

Love Jimmy but if it's no broke don't try and fix it

Sure he'll be needed to come back in and do a job at some point, it's a squad joab

They are, but I really only watch L2 games bar the odd game in the Premiership or championship so can't really comment on them. Jimmy Scott, when he's back fit, will have to work to get back in the team. Our starting team today is our best one IMO.

Archived