• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really though. If the player has tried to play the ball and misses. 
As it was, the player cut across him and he (might have) touched him. Either way it was very soft and I think a yellow would have been suffice. Would like to see it back again.
The sending off could have been the difference between a draw and a victory. Especially since Stirling was playing pretty well.

Sorry, aye I meant specifically in this situation. Stirling didn't attempt to play the ball, he tugged/stroked Cairney so if Charleston judges it's enough for a penalty then, by the laws as I understand them, it has to be a red.

Absolutely obscene way to chuck 2 points. For all Fleming's penalty heroics etc, he was absolutely woeful at dealing with crosses today. Surely he must have anticipated that the ball would be going to the back post the second time. We seem to have made it our 'thing' to go ahead in a game and then absolutely bottle it, and only have ourselves to blame that we're being sacked right back into trouble.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Looking forward to whatever pish McCall comes out with to explain why we didn't use the conditions to our advantage like Dumbarton did, or why we haven't won a game in over two months.

Don`t worry you play us next week. St Mirren hadn`t won a game all season before they visited us.

2 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

We're now the top scorers in the league away from home with 14. The next best is 12. A large amount of them have been flukes to be fair.

If that's true it's staggering, given how dreadful our away form has been for the season, aside from the last 3 away games.

The team clearly believe we can win games now and the spine of the team is good. January will be massive.

When we kept the ball on the deck we were by far the superior team, Dumbarton player to the conditions and got the point from there, never looked a threat in the sense of breaking through our defence. 

Easy enough to pile the blame on Fleming, however he's saved us more than 2 points over the season, so one off day should not tar him.

Paul Cairney was fantastic once again, 2 assist, won the penalty and scored, yet still doesn't get MOTM:lol:

Firstly, Fleming had a nightmare although the defence didn't help him much. Dumbarton were the better team but to be 3-2 up against 10 men at home you really should be seeing the game out. Dumbarton did play the conditions much better and credit to Aitken for that, McCall failed totally today. 

44 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Bit early in the afternoon for a generous glass of Highland Park, but like this point gained in the circumstances, I'll take it.

Well done Sons - dunno about the performance and the specifics but to come back with an away point from 0-2 and 2-3 minus a player shows real character.  The trick is now to keep Ayr and St Mirren below us.

Highland Park? I very near cracked this sacred souvenir open!

20161224_150908.jpg

Defending from Ayr today was beyond abysmal.  Thought Meggatt looked decent at the start of the season but has degenerated into a total bombscare.  No idea what McCall sees in McKenna - the component parts look good, but he never, ever seems to be in the right place.  Looks like a guy playing percentages and hoping for the best.  Can go back to Aberdeen as far as I'm concerned, but have a horrible feeling he is signing for us in January.

Murphy may lack pace, but he is easily our best centre half after Balatoni - that second half was about experience and composure and we had none on the park and plenty on the bench.  Blaming Fleming is the easy option - the lack of cover provided at those corners was unbelievable.  Defence has to be stronger than that and take a bit of responsibility.  

16 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Surprised to hear the best keeper in the league had a shocker.

I'm not sure if anyone has claimed that. Still, it wouldn't be as bad as claiming you've shagged a Holywood actress and model.

When we kept the ball on the deck we were by far the superior team, Dumbarton player to the conditions and got the point from there, never looked a threat in the sense of breaking through our defence.

I wasn't there so can't comment on who was superior, but whatever way you want to dress it up, we 'broke through' your defence four times today, as you did ours. Strange comment to make in all honesty.

Archived