Old photos of your club

16 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

here is the old east terracing at the recs F knows when but looks like the 90's

used to stand here at all games back in the day and prefferred it to the "gazebo wi seats " they have there now , not allowed there now as it is for away fans only...they are welcome to it ! stole the pic BTW...sorry :)

Copy (3) of scan0002.jpg

Christ that was a decent sized terrace, compared to what has replaced it now.

bathgate park.jpg

I nicked this... :whistle

It's Bathgate Park, New Street, Edinburgh. It was used by the Edinburgh Junior FA up to the 1920s and was built on top of an old gas works. In the 1920s a bus garage was build on top of it and now they're building some shitey modern development on the site. 

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I nicked this... :whistle

It's Bathgate Park, New Street, Edinburgh. It was used by the Edinburgh Junior FA up to the 1920s and was built on top of an old gas works. In the 1920s a bus garage was build on top of it and now they're building some shitey modern development on the site. 

"Edinburgh Emmet", IIRC.

caltongate_site_aw240209_2.jpg

Caltongate_site.jpg?1472015332

hole+in+the+canongate.jpg

Calton-Gate-aerial-photo1.jpg

Edinburgh city centre's other notable ground was the wonderfully named Royal Gymnasium, on the north edge of the leafy New Town... Originally the site of a Victorian theme park, it was home to the equally wonderfully named St Bernard's FC. It had a capacity of 40,000 although the record crowd was 15,000 v Hibs. Few pictures survive - but those online below.

St Bernard's folded during WWII and the grandstand was taken to Meadowbank by Leith Athletc; the "Gymmie" became a park then a car park for RBS offices but is to be built upon?

the-gymnasium.jpg

st-bernards-pitch-post-ww1-sketch-george     Aeriel_view_of_the_Gymnasium.jpg?itok=BR

image.jpg

st-bernards-post-ww11.jpg 

st-bernards-pre-ww12.jpg

canonmills-photo.jpg

royal-gymnasium1.jpg     0_adverts_entertainments_-_royal_patent_

Edited by HibeeJibee

7fb044fa07f9e58aa6230e52bc6b9d5a.jpg this was basically my view from the shed when I was a lad. The pillar on the left here is my old spot, happy days [emoji3]
c98aeaaa69051aaee96bce702a5333d4.jpgview from the Eddie Thomson end, check that grandstand [emoji23]
276f79c5cb3f129701e15bccac7c2d3a.jpganother old one for the corner between the shed and George fox looking towards what is now the Jim McLean and Jerry Kerr stands.

5 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Wow this one takes me back. My old school is just out of shot and all the wee nooks and crannies that I used to get up to no good in when I was a nipper including the wee play park at the back of the Shed.

Any idea of the year of that?

I reckon the roof was put on the terracing on the Sandeman St side of the ground in about 1980, so not long after that

Going even further back and sort of my club, Beresford Park which was home of Ayr Parkhouse, who were one of the two clubs that merged to become Ayr United.

Had things been different you all could have been coming down to this ground for your days out at the seaside.

Ayr Parkhouse FC 1927.jpg

Edited by I'm Brian

6 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

I reckon the roof was put on the terracing on the Sandeman St side of the ground in about 1980, so not long after that

My first game at Tannadice was 77-78 season and it was under that roof. Looking at this picture it couldn't have been long before that.

687861-1.jpg

4 minutes ago, RUSTY1111 said:

Kind of strange to think of that Park being located close to the train station at Ayr.

Even weirder was they used to graze sheep on it and I think that is what the white dots in that picture are.

Think I would rather of had them plump for that one all of those years ago. The money some developer would have paid us for it in the eighties would have more than paid for a new ground.

Ayr United...Making the wrong choices since 1910