Royal Rumble 2017

JamieStevenson

The fucking booty on that Dean Ambrose statue ffs.

They always do a stupid spot where someone gets taken out of the ring and given a severe beatdown, only for them just to walk back in whenever they feel like it. No logic to that and makes the attackers look incredibly stupid. Was fun watching Roman get battered though mind you.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

The fucking booty on that Dean Ambrose statue ffs.

They always do a stupid spot where someone gets taken out of the ring and given a severe beatdown, only for them just to walk back in whenever they feel like it. No logic to that and makes the attackers look incredibly stupid. Was fun watching Roman get battered though mind you.

"Brock Lesnar has suplexed Kofi Kingston out of his boots, over the top rope, and onto the floor. But wait a minute!!! Kofi's ankles have both been dislocated and ripped apart, and his feet are still in his boots - his feet haven't touched the floor!"

Alright, the Raw build is over!

We have Kickoff Show matches: Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax.   Cesaro & Sheamus vs Gallows & Anderson. Two referees assigned to the match (not sure how that works)

Shawn Michaels is a special guest for the Kickoff Show.

Owens vs Reigns is now a No DQ match.

New entrants for the Rumble match: Big Show, Sami Zayn, Big Cass & Rusev, 

Sadly though, the Sami Zayn addition comes at a cost.... SETH ROLLINS is OUT of the Royal Rumble match. Here's what happened:

One of these 3 winning then? 

Imagine the disappointment when Tye Dillinger doesn't come in at number 10? Think it would be awesome if he did, even if he was immediately eliminated whilst holding up the 10 sign

9 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

10 chants will be out in force regardless, ridiculously stupid if they don't run him out at ten. Number 10 could honestly elicit rey mysterio boos if it's not him.

10!

The c***s will be doing it for every number as soon as the wee countdown clock appears.

Alright so we're set for the 2017 Royal Rumble. SmackDown have given us a 6 women tag team match: Becky, Nikki & Naomi vs Alexa, Natalya & Mickie.

They've also got Mojo Rawley in the Rumble match after winning a battle royal. That means we have 22/30 announced.

8 spots are open, who do you want to fill them?

5 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Alright so we're set for the 2017 Royal Rumble. SmackDown have given us a 6 women tag team match: Becky, Nikki & Naomi vs Alexa, Natalya & Mickie.

They've also got Mojo Rawley in the Rumble match after winning a battle royal. That means we have 22/30 announced.

8 spots are open, who do you want to fill them?

All 7 members of the announce team (Maggal, JBL, Graves, Saxton, Otunga, Phillips and Mauro) and then JBL again.  Or Hulk Hogan.

For remaining 8 spots

JBL is a lock to enter and eliminate/get involved with Ziggler especially with him not on commentary.

I think 3 spots will be to current roster shite just not announced/confirmed - Crews, Kane, Kalisto, cruiserweight chumps etc

One spot will go to a legend/return - RVD, Angle, Jim Duggan type

Two spots to be filled with NXT/non main roster talent - Dillinger, Joe, Tyler Bate etc

Final spot to be a returning star from injury such as Balor

I fully expect both Balor and Joe in there somewhere, with Joe seemingly gone from NXT. Other than that, f**k knows. I can see the UK guys maybe on Takeover, but not on a WWE PPV.

EDIT: Scratch that. I think many of those guys are in the UK on Sunday.

59 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Don't be silly, Lawler is the one on commentary for it this year.

Which they've done clearly to keep the others fresh and ready.  Put Lawler in there for Otunga though, as I'd genuinely rather see him make an entrance.

But seriously, Joe is surely a lock to get involved.  Not sure about Balor - unless they really overestimated his injury time, I wouldn't risk him just to be involved, and I don't think they'd go for him winning over everyone else involved.  I'd keep him for a proper WM tilt, they can't afford to injure him again.  There's been no Cruiserweights announced, right?  Surely a couple from there.  Probably Dillinger at 10, because they'd be thick not to.  

Aside from that, you're looking at dross unless we get some shocks at Takeover.  It's very, very, very, very unlikely, but they could have Roode winning the title and slingshot both Joe and Nakamura straight up.  I'm more saying that out of wanting him up than any inkling of it happening though.  

Why not have Vader go in for the feelgood story of being involved despite the awful prognosis, then have Miz eliminate him.  Nuclear heat.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

Balor may well be fully fit by the time the Rumble rolls around. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Yeah, he definitely could be, and there was definitely a whiff of a worked date being put out when he was originaly injured.  If he's good to go, he should definitely be in there, but given who they already have, and presuming a few of the plans they could put in place, I don't think they really need him back if he isn't 100%

Heard this is going to be 4 hours with a 2 hour preshow.

Do we have a list of confirmed Rumble entrants? Neville will surely be in there if not already confirmed.

How about a Booker T cameo?

Archived