Queens V Ayr

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Harsh to judge until he gets some players in. He inherited a squad with no depth, a load of injuries and little confidence.

Maybe so but East Fife appear to have improved while we remain rather sh*t.

I hope you're right and we do improve because I fear escaping the seaside leagues won't be easy if we go down

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WILLIEA said:

Maybe so but East Fife appear to have improved while we remain rather sh*t.

I hope you're right and we do improve because I fear escaping the seaside leagues won't be easy if we go down

In terms of results there`s an argument to say we`ve actually improved from totally abysmal to just being shite. I make it 5 games in charge for Naysmith with 3 draws and 2 defeats. The spell before he came was way worse than that.

In terms of results there`s an argument to say we`ve actually improved from totally abysmal to just being shite. I make it 5 games in charge for Naysmith with 3 draws and 2 defeats. The spell before he came was way worse than that.

Since my daughter has been born (7th October) our record in the league has been:-

Pld: 11

W: 0
D: 3
L: 8

GF: 8
GA: 25

I can't help but think she's partly responsible and it's close to "kill it with fire" time :lol:

Think this season will boil down to who does the best business in the transfer window.  The worry for Ayr is that the whole club, from the manager to the players to the fans, is holding our breath waiting for the imminent return of Craig Moore.  We might be expecting too much from a guy who hasn't kicked a ball since July.  Just wish McCall would at least try and do something different. Though O'connell did enough last week to deserve a start but instead disappeared altogether in favour of Nisbet who we seemed to write off last week.  Bizarre.

Think this season will boil down to who does the best business in the transfer window.  The worry for Ayr is that the whole club, from the manager to the players to the fans, is holding our breath waiting for the imminent return of Craig Moore.  We might be expecting too much from a guy who hasn't kicked a ball since July.  Just wish McCall would at least try and do something different. Though O'connell did enough last week to deserve a start but instead disappeared altogether in favour of Nisbet who we seemed to write off last week.  Bizarre.

There has been less expectation of the 2nd coming than that of Moore.

Hope he scores 5 in his first game back, either that or turn water into wine

Can't understand why Manager persisted with Danny on left when it is pretty obvious that he is much more effective on right. By playing Millar there we had two players out of position rather than just the one. Danny just doesn't get to byeline on left.

As others have said East Fife can't believe their luck - getting Barry Smith and losing Gary Naysmith after the position he left them in.

It is a massive window for him because it is obvious that the quality of the reinforcements will determine if he is still in charge for next season. Not all his fault obviously but there is nothing that he has done so far that inspires confidence.

Despite missing a few great chances Dobbie was our MOM by a distance - he was behind almost everything of quality that we created.

Can't understand why Manager persisted with Danny on left when it is pretty obvious that he is much more effective on right. By playing Millar there we had two players out of position rather than just the one. Danny just doesn't get to byeline on left.

He's far from the first on this one though. Unless my memory is wrong, Danny has played a lot more on the left for us than the right over the years. I've always thought he is more effective on the right (although his end product is still pretty poor, all things considered).

By his own high standards, Dobbie was woeful today. Certainly not MOM material. If he had been anywhere near his normal self we would have won by 2or 3.

We dominated the second half and kept Ayr hemmed in for most of it without capitalising on it. That was one of the worst " performances " from a Linesman I have ever seen today (New Stand side) which had a direct impact on the outcome. 

I understand but when we don't have a natural left midfielder would it not be sensible to play 3 narrow midfielders and push Danny on right in a front 3 and try play to our strengths when are short of bodies. To accommodate young Fergusson up front he actually pushed Dobbie into right midfield for a while when he was the one player who might just have got us a winner.

23 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

By his own high standards, Dobbie was woeful today. Certainly not MOM material. If he had been anywhere near his normal self we would have won by 2or 3.

We dominated the second half and kept Ayr hemmed in for most of it without capitalising on it. That was one of the worst " performances " from a Linesman I have ever seen today (New Stand side) which had a direct impact on the outcome. 

The off side calls looked dead right from where I was sitting. The other linesman missed a clear off side in the first half which nearly resulted in a goal.

34 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Thought we edged the first half but second half we were pinned in by QOS without really looking like conceding. Not the best game of football tbh, two teams struggling to dominate games and score goals. All to play for in the second half of the season.

It was pretty windy out there. Each team dominated territory in the half they had the wind. Poor game of football. We had the better chances, particularly Dobbie's just before the break, but it wasnt a great showing from either side. Happy to at least get an all too rare clean sheet though.

C'mon, Santa, get some midfielders delivered to Palmerston pronto.

Thought the conditions made the game a poorish spectacle. Ball in the net a couple of times and a really good save from the Ayr keeper from Dobbie in the second half but no real surprise we couldn't win the game. Probably a better result for them than us. Transfer window is going to be v important. We have to write off long term crocks and get some extra creativity and a dog of war in the midfield. Over to you, Santa.

Woeful???

I think the word woeful relates to the woeful lack of support that Dobbie got from his colleagues. He must have been closely involved in 90% of our chances and yes he missed one sitter in first half but the chances that came his way in second half were largely created through his own intelligent play. With a little luck he could have 2/3 goals today.

If his injury proves to be a bad one and he is out for a few games you certainly find out the true meaning of woeful!!

35 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Woeful???

I think the word woeful relates to the woeful lack of support that Dobbie got from his colleagues. He must have been closely involved in 90% of our chances and yes he missed one sitter in first half but the chances that came his way in second half were largely created through his own intelligent play. With a little luck he could have 2/3 goals today.

If his injury proves to be a bad one and he is out for a few games you certainly find out the true meaning of woeful!!

Spot on.  If he'd been at the top of his game, he'd have scored a goal or two.

Without him though, we create nothing.  

He's our only real hope, as the playing staff stands.

Archived