Rangers v Celtic. 31st Dec

Said at the start of the season (as did other Bears on here) a top 4 finish (aye,aye bigger budget than the Sheep & Hearts etc..) was a reasonable and realistic expectation. A win tomorrow would be a huge boost going into the new year and to achieving that end.
Not often you'll get us at 7/2 to win at home. Will be banging a hopeful £20 on![emoji6]

When you set your expectations low you'll never be disappointed. Shame your old club's custodians never realised this.

As for the bet.....you should've lumped more on.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, bennett said:

Hmmmm the BBC boycotting Ibrox, I was assured by several posters on here that it was those sevconians who had banned the BBC.

Trying to make a serious point, and the childish whataboutery comes out again. 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Trying to make a serious point, and the childish whataboutery comes out again. 

Not all sir, it's nice to see someone post that it's the BBC doing the boycotting.

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Not all sir, it's nice to see someone post that it's the BBC doing the boycotting.

Both Rangers and the BBC are at fault, as you well know, but on this occasion it would have to be the BBC who would have to back down to have a commentator in the ground. This is why I mentioned the BBC boycott and not Rangers stopping a journalist doing his job properly.

1-0 or 2-1 Rangers

There's not really much on the line for this game so I'm just going to enjoy the occasion and the excuse for me to start drinking in the morning. :)

My only concern is the following comments from people at the club if we win about how we don't need to add much more quality to challenge for the league when it's clear that we do!...

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Wee Joe O'Rourke is suspicious about Sevcos motives for holding a minute's silence tomorrow.

Not just the minutes silence, other things have happened that have jabbas fingerprints all over it.

I wonder when Celtic will get fed up with The rangers

The zombies are already trying to use the hard hats / roof jibe as an excuse, accusing Celtic fans of mocking the dead, although they have never had a minutes silence during a derby game before for the 66 and have not made it public until the last day or so. Only a scummy club would use their dead as a deflection tactic PR stunt :( 

A really really stupid idea to play this during the day on New years eve :(

4-0 to the Bhoys.

3 minutes ago, wulliamwallace said:

The zombies are already trying to use the hard hats / roof jibe as an excuse, accusing Celtic fans of mocking the dead, although they have never had a minutes silence during a derby game before for the 66 and have not made it public until the last day or so. Only a scummy club would use their dead as a deflection tactic PR stunt :( 

4-0 to the Bhoys.

They have had silences before. I remember Bill Leckie accusing the Celtic supporters of 'orchestrated coughing' one year when it was impeccably observed. Think it was possibly the game when Samaras ripped Oldco a new one.

They've been having them since the 90s I think but I see absolutely no reason why they shouldn't choose to have one. Anyone disrupting it is scum (although there's always the worry people will be arriving late and making noise as they come in).

14 minutes ago, wulliamwallace said:

4-0 to the Bhoys.

We have a silence every year, it's not a conspiracy.

Only way Celtic will lose this is if they are not up for it, as in the Scottish Cup last season. No doubt Rangers will come flying out of the traps backed by their screaming knuckledragger "fans", but, if they withstand the early onslaught, Celtic's vastly superior talent should see them win. After that, its a case of how many pubs get wrecked and how many innocent bystanders end up in hospital.

How can any player not "be up " for the biggest game of football on the planet? [emoji57]

Archived