PS1

Dindeleux

On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 15:13, Dindeleux said:

So I bought the PS1 and numerous games from CLANCY2KTID and it's been brilliant so far reliving all the old games, certainly more easily playable than the Mega Drive was.

Tekken 3, GTA, Pro Ev, Gran Turismo and Crash Bandicoot are all as good as you probably remember them but the clear winner so far has to be Die Hard Trilogy. It's incredible.

One of the best things so far has been high scores, especially on Die Hard. Really gives you a reason to have another go.

Me and my mate played for about 10 hours yesterday and had a great time.

Tell me you have driver as well? 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering picking up a PS1 next month, was in CEX who are selling them for £30, however, the better games are going for near £10 each with them. 

Back to Ebay it is i think. 

Considering picking up a PS1 next month, was in CEX who are selling them for £30, however, the better games are going for near £10 each with them. 
Back to Ebay it is i think. 

You can pick up a lot of games for £4/£5 off Amazon in really good condition.

On 6/18/2017 at 16:26, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

I'm looking for a PS1 with C&C Red Alert if anyone finds one cheap

You can buy the console for between £20-£30 on either Amazon or in CEX and then C&C for between £10-£10 on amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Command-Conquer-Red-Alert-Classic/dp/B00004VVMU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497910252&sr=8-2&keywords=red+alert+ps1

On 6/16/2017 at 15:13, Dindeleux said:

Tekken 3, GTA, Pro Ev, Gran Turismo and Crash Bandicoot are all as good as you probably remember them but the clear winner so far has to be Die Hard Trilogy. It's incredible.

The very first game I ever owned was the Die Hard Trilogy.  Incredible game and one I would love to play again.  Even had one of these bad boys - 

Image result for ps1 yellow gun

The very first game I ever owned was the Die Hard Trilogy.  Incredible game and one I would love to play again.  Even had one of these bad boys - 
ps1_nuby_light_gun.jpg

It still plays brilliantly.

• 2 weeks later...
I reckon I had easily 100+ ps1 games. Maybe 50+ ps2 games, about 25 360 games, and then went back to the ps4 and I have about 5 games now.
Conclusion - Games are pish these days.

Been flicking through Amazon trying to find games i wanna buy for the PS4 and there really aren't that many. All the new games seem to be very similar while the rest are remasters!

It feels like every new game these days is a first person shooter or an ea game.

I remember on the ps1 there was hunners of football games, hunners. Fifa, ISS, This is Football, Actua Soccer, LMA, Adidas Power Soccer, Ronaldo v Football, Premier Manager, Uefa Striker, Liberogrande etc etc etc 

Licencing has ruined gaming.

online multiplayer has played a major part in games having no uniqueness or originality anymore, granted there are some games nowadays that have exceptional single player storylines, however they are few and far between when you compare them to the endless churned out clones of the same basic FPS,

btw im in no way going all ramagamma here, if people enjoy these games then they can so wish to purchase them on a yearly basis as most games do have a slight improvement on their predecessors, however, there arent many games no that have a right good engrossing storyline, something that makes you keep playing when you reach a save point and before you know it you've played 4 hours or more, final fantasy 7 and 8 did this to me especially back in the day

I struggle with COD for that reason.

I want a good story, playing online is fine until you come across a lobby with morons determined to ruin it for all.

On 05/07/2017 at 22:43, Snakebite said:

It feels like every new game these days is a first person shooter or an ea game.

I remember on the ps1 there was hunners of football games, hunners. Fifa, ISS, This is Football, Actua Soccer, LMA, Adidas Power Soccer, Ronaldo v Football, Premier Manager, Uefa Striker, Liberogrande etc etc etc 

Licencing has ruined gaming.

Completely ignoring the fact that they were all utter shite apart from Fifa and ISS which are the two that are still going... 

Whilst I loved old school gaming and occasionally do dabble in N64, sega mega drive or ps1/2 it's purely nostalgic and it quickly gets boring. 

There's plenty current gen games with good single player stories. 

Archived