Pay what you can/admission deals

Burnie_man

Bit of chat elsewhere on here on the subject.

Has any Junior club tried a "pay what you can" type deal, or other type of promotions such as kids for free or suchlike?

Was it a success, and did the Region say anything re lower pricing?

I have done two Pay What You Want games although they were both friendlies. At St Andrews it wasn't a great success. However, at Carnoustie this season we had a Pay What You Want with the proceeds going to a local family to pay for Cancer treatment and took over £2500 through the gate !.

It is certainly worth thinking about and the sort of out the box ideas we need to be looking at. I would love to do a groundhop weekend but it needs to be clubs that are prepared to shift kick off times.

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I've a season ticket for Bo'ness but my wee lass (age 6) gets in for nothing when she comes with me. Wouldn't grudge paying a couple of pound for her if asked though.

Your lot always take money off me when I bring my kids.

Your near neighbours do not

I don't mind paying Kenny, £3 is hardly a fortune compared to other activities we go to.

But I do like Bonnyriggs thinking that if you encourage the kids to go, they'll be the paying fans in 10 years time.

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Really??

Our near neighbours also have folk on the gates charging full price even if you don't make it there until half time.

To be fair, if you go to the theatre or a gig you're still expected to pay the full price for entry, why should it be any different for football?

Wishaw Juniors haven't charged for under 16's for around 14/15 years. 

Like all small clubs we could probably do with the money but we see it as investing in future supporters.

Times are pretty hard too for a lot of folks in this area and for families with several children and especially for single parent families  it might make all the difference between coming or not being able to afford to come at all. 

For cup ties where the gate has to be split, we speak to opponents in advance and so far, and to their great credit, not one single club visiting The Beltane has insisted on us charging children.

Archived