DUFC v QOTS

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Anyway it's been a while since we've had a "one up front is the root of all evil" discussion.

As usual I don't remember anyone saying this. I prefer 2 upfront but it hasn't been working and he got away with it at Paisley. We need points so if he chooses to go down this road and it works fair enough but if it doesn't then he can expect criticism.

8 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

What's your guys opinion on Flood? He got a load of space at Easter Road but I thought he looked really poor when on the ball and a shadow of the player he was at at Aberdeen. 

It was definitely an out of character performance from Flood. I partly blame the fact that tactically the midfield looked like they didn't know whether to attack or defend, they all looked lost in the midfield. He was also dominated by Bartley who had an outstanding game. He has been a regular stand out for us and we are much, much weaker without him.

I didn't think he was given as much space as you claim. I recall him being put under pressure very quickly in the first half especially forcing him into rushed and poorly executed decisions. He never seemed to recover from this and performed badly throughout the game. At times, he was given more time, and did manage to move the ball on. But he never seemed to pick out passes that tried to open up the Hibs' defence. He was played very well by Hibs.

50 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Chance this could be off?

Unless the snow around the ground compacts and freezes I doubt it.

Can't see the pitch atm so dunno if they put covers out last night, if not the should be able to clear it and get the USH on.

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:01, Joe Terrapin said:

What's your guys opinion on Flood? He got a load of space at Easter Road but I thought he looked really poor when on the ball and a shadow of the player he was at at Aberdeen. 

Just noticed he's only 31. Poor bugger looks about 55 at least.

11 minutes ago, BIGdavieT said:

Arab friends,

Where would be a good place to watch Spurs v WBA before our game?

Maybe somewhere the wife and I can get a decent feed as well?!

Cheers

The Pheonix or The Trades in the city centre would be my recommendation. 

Edit: For food then it has to be the Pheonix.

1 hour ago, sneeuq said:

Any idea best place to park  for away fans?

Parking's fine just don't try to park too close to the ground or it'll take a while to get out again. Aim for Glamis Street, St Salvador Street, North Wellington Street and its a five minute walk to the ground from there. 

Assume the reference to the "right" side of the ground is the Arklay Street end. Don't park there. You'll struggle to find a space and to get away again.

30 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Parking's fine just don't try to park too close to the ground or it'll take a while to get out again. Aim for Glamis Street, St Salvador Street, North Wellington Street and its a five minute walk to the ground from there. 

Assume the reference to the "right" side of the ground is the Arklay Street end. Don't park there. You'll struggle to find a space and to get away again.

No, I meant the opposite end of the ground where the away end is. Although, to be fair Ive no idea how easy it is to park around there. How far down Sandeman Street do they close off?

Those streets are half a mile away! For a Premiership stadium the parking is rubbish, especially when theres another one literally a stone throw away. It would take less time to walk between the two stadiums than it would to your car.

Is there parking in the Primary school? Pretty sure we've parked there before for Dundee games

Archived