Stirling Albion v Clyde

Ray Vaughn

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Clyde are up for this and we think it'll be 3-0 to us again just cause it was 2 weeks ago, then we are doomed. 

You make a good point but I think you are failing to take into consideration that we are utter shite.

Hopefully even master tactician Barry sees that playing Phil Johnston at RB against Bikey will be suicide, but I wouldn't count on it.

You make a good point but I think you are failing to take into consideration that we are utter shite.

Hopefully even master tactician Barry sees that playing Phil Johnston at RB against Bikey will be suicide, but I wouldn't count on it.

Nothing wrong with playing Phil Johnston at right back, has pace to match Bikey but can't defend.

How many of Stirling's new signings are cup tied?

Both our new signings will be cup tied and no info yet on the Dundee Utd loan keeper.

McNeil has to play right back as Johnston had a torrid time against Bikey in the last game. Guessing it will be Johnston's turn to be out with a slight knee injury anyway. Flynn should also be in from the start and would play Smith along side Perry at the back, assuming he is fit.

On 16/01/2017 at 17:14, BinoBalls said:

Further to this, the bookies have Clyde as slight favourites for this game. Just underlines how stupid it would be to be complacent about this game. If Clyde are up for this and we think it'll be 3-0 to us again just cause it was 2 weeks ago, then we are doomed. 

We did lose 4-0 to Abroath in the league then cuffed them 5-0 a couple of weeks later in the cup so by my reckoning David Gormley will score another two "Goal of the round" contenders and we'll win 4-0.

We did lose 4-0 to Abroath in the league then cuffed them 5-0 a couple of weeks later in the cup so by my reckoning David Gormley will score another two "Goal of the round" contenders and we'll win 4-0.

Hopefully "5-0" Gormley turns up and not "constantly offside, punching ground" Gormley.

17 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Dont think any of them are. Wright was on the bench for Dumbarton vs Bonyrigg but never played, so I imagine he should be alright to play?

If you're an unused named sub then you are cup tied IIRC. Seems a bit odd but that's been the rule for a while now I think.

42 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

I take it Bikey is on loan, from where ?

Not on loan he is with us until the 23 Jan he`s on an Amateur contract with us. Trains full time with Dundee United. Any club wishing to sign him on a pro contract will have to pay his former club Dieppe £40k in compensation.

Archived