Stirling Albion v Clyde

Ray Vaughn

What about the tackle on Robertson no wonder the Clyde player got booked for it. Referee let too MANY Clyde fouls away and not mentioning the unsportsman  behaviour at not giving the ball back to us when one of our players went down. Very poor from a team like Clyde.

Clyde were guilty of a number of niggly fouls. Stirling were equally guilty of hitting the deck under the slightest contact.

For the injured player, Clyde were going to pick up possession from the clearance from the Stirling box. Peaso offered Wright the chance to kick it down the Clyde end and he refused.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McNiff gets criticised regularly but I thought he played well today. Likewise McLaughlin.

Johnston, I don't understand why, when other players get dropped for poor games, he continues to make the same mistakes over and over again. Poor defensively and poor going forward.

I also don't get why Higgins gets a game. Rarely influences games.

Everyone else, except maybe Perry, played much better today compared to our recent shitfests.

Thought McNiff and Mclaughlin played well too. Surely Johnston won't play right back once he has Finnie, McMillan and McNeil to choose from? Higgins was anonymous again today.

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

As far as the Albion are concerned it was his last game, announced on the Clubwebsite so he will  not be available for the replay.

Is that the same website that announced J Fowler as our new manager?  When Nguene Bikey exited field he patted his shirt badge. Would happily watch games like this all season.

Thought McNiff and Mclaughlin played well too. Surely Johnston won't play right back once he has Finnie, McMillan and McNeil to choose from? Higgins was anonymous again today.

Then again, after the league game against Stirling I would never have believed Johnston would have played right back in the cup tie.

Stirling were pretty dire with the exception of Bikey. We had them penned in and were the better side for most of the match. A combination of missed chances and poor defending from us really the only reason they are still in the cup.

Anyone know why Fraser Wright was greetin so much at our second goal? Refusing to kick the ball back to us too, the guy is a bawbag.

Was actually a cracking game of football to watch, not much quality apart from the two goalscorers but plenty of blood and snotters and incidents.

Bikeys first goal was actually going wide till it took a nick of the defenders instep and wrongfooted the keeper, some finish for his second mind you as were McDonalds two goals.

What on earth has happened to Chris Smith by the way, looks like he has a new job as a food taster for KFC, he could be doing with a sports bra !

Blair Hendersons abilities as a footballer were summed up when the Clyde keeper duffed a kick out straight to him 35 yards out and his attempt at controlling the ball resulted in the ball bouncing off his shin and travelling 20 yards straight back to the goalie. He could and should have won it right at the end though but for a fantastic stop by the keeper.

Great penalty save by Binnie but some of attempts at dealing with cross balls were awful.

Clyde will feel they are favourites now against a Bikey-less Binos side in the replay.

By the way, although I was in the opposite stand but it looked to me like a Clyde fan got papped out by the stewards after ten minutes or so or did my eyes decieve me ?

I think Gormley had held him back in the build up and he ended up on his arse. Beith was a big loss from our midfield (gone back to hearts) and the midfield struggled without him.
Would be surprised if we won the replay without him and bikey.

Gibson definitely tipped the henderson shot over.

Thought we were lucky to get a replay, as we were 2nd best for most of the match. f**k knows who's going to score for us now that Bikey is away. Was a really good cup tie today and the layer of fog added to the atmosphere. Kudos to the Clyde fans for adding some atmosphere to proceedings too. 

Highlights for me were the best penalty save I've ever seen, and Bikey's 2nd goal. Both glorious. 

Without the aforementioned Bikey, difficult to see us winning the replay, however it's good to be still in the hat for the next round. 

Thought we were lucky to get a replay, as we were 2nd best for most of the match. f**k knows who's going to score for us now that Bikey is away. Was a really good cup tie today and the layer of fog added to the atmosphere. Kudos to the Clyde fans for adding some atmosphere to proceedings too. 
Highlights for me were the best penalty save I've ever seen, and Bikey's 2nd goal. Both glorious. 
Without the aforementioned Bikey, difficult to see us winning the replay, however it's good to be still in the hat for the next round. 

It was a really good cup tie, and as you said, the atmosphere was really good.

Agree that I felt Stirling were second best, only time I really felt threatened was after the first goal when I worried that heads would go down, and the last five or so minutes. Perry obviously at fault for the first, but well taken by the boy Bikey, who was a different class, and the equaliser felt like it was crossed into the box in slow motion for the wee lad to get his second. No one picking up their man and that's what happens unfortunately.

Peaso was a different class going forward at times, thought his linkup play with Gormley was really good. Had he taken either the chance where it went right over from the right hand side, or the penalty, then we would be in the hat automatically for the last 16, but happy enough to be there.

Just think that if we can get the defence shored up then we could very easily be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

There was some niggly stuff from us yes but nothing bad. Your boy went in over the ball and off the ground. How it wasn't given as a foul at all was unbelievable.

Granted it was in the middle of the pitch, but the fog wasn't that thick, just your tinted specs.

2 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

There was some niggly stuff from us yes but nothing bad. Your boy went in over the ball and off the ground. How it wasn't given as a foul at all was unbelievable.

Granted it was in the middle of the pitch, but the fog wasn't that thick, just your tinted specs.

Clyde were dirty as f**k, doesnt surprise me though considering their manager is that filthy wee ***.

Bikey show again, god we are going to miss him.

Cammy Binnie's save was brilliant, its good knowing we have 2 very good keepers.

Henderson [emoji35]

Shut up ya wee fud. Sterling are lucky to still be in the draw

It was a foul and a booking. Was a nasty looking challenge. Had no effect on the outcome of the match anyway. Our defending seen to that sadly.

2 hours ago, Chris_DK said:

Draw a fair result, was a good game. If we score the penalty it's 3-1 and we're through but it was a dive. Never a penalty and the referee and linesman shat it in the heat of the moment. 

I was concerned when it was announced that Mat Northcroft was in charge. He was indicicive and late with many of his calls. He tends to react to the crowd and I thought he initially went to book the Cyde player. Think the decision came from the lino.

The challenge on McNeil was a clear foul and booking. The Stirling player went through McNeil to get the ball.

Archived