The NFL 2017 Draft

lichtie23

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised the Chargers went with a receiver with that pick. I thought it would be either Malik Hooker or Jamal Adams if either were still available at that point.

Hooker looks a great pick at #15

4 hours ago, Stewbo said:

Some really weird moves in the first, looking forward to day 2 now. 

Some hot takes:

- Glennon will start every game this season for Chicago

- Dalvin Cooks character concerns are real (and cant block), he wont sign a second contract

- Corey Davis will be the only successful 1st round WR

- Jaguars pick a QB on day 2

- Bengals draft another1st round receiver next season, yet to realise theyh rarely pick anything but hot trash at that position...

- Browns take a pair of corner backs  on day 2, and finish this season with a better record than Bengals and Ravens.

Dalvin Cook is just bad. Very poor athlete as well. I thought it was hilarious that people were mocking him in the first round.

Day 3 prospect.

Some of the trades were ridiculous. The Bears must have genuinely thought the 49ers were taking Trubisky.

I still think it's more likely that the Niners had an offer from someone else for the spot and Bears overpaid to beat them to it.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

How many Clyde and Aston Villa and Chicago Bears fans are there on here? Assumed Brummie Clyde was a Newco of BWV.

As for Bully Wee Villa; He ain't heavy....

I was also surprised at the Chargers taking a WR. They already have about 4 pretty good ones, along with 2 pass catching TEs. Maybe they just fancied a big bodied Receiver?

I was hoping that one of Njoku or Engram might fall to the Bears in the 2nd Round, but it was never likely.

13 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

As for Bully Wee Villa; He ain't heavy....

I was also surprised at the Chargers taking a WR. They already have about 4 pretty good ones, along with 2 pass catching TEs. Maybe they just fancied a big bodied Receiver?

I was hoping that one of Njoku or Engram might fall to the Bears in the 2nd Round, but it was never likely.

Keenan Allen can't be trusted to stay healthy, Antonio Gates is old and their other receivers are WR3's. Phil Rivers is always making the most of a poor offense but I can't wait to see him team up with Williams.

Wondered if the Packers might go for a RB. Mixon maybe, although he has baggage? 
Also they were awful at CB last year and there are some good players still available.

Mixon won't go until day 3. The backlash that will come with picking him will put teams severely off him. But whoever does is getting a steal

33 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I still think it's more likely that the Niners had an offer from someone else for the spot and Bears overpaid to beat them to it.

That only makes sense if the guy the Niners wanted was likely to fall low enough in the draft.  Either way, though, the Niners have made out like bandits in this draft.  As was posted earlier, the Niners effective got two first round picks and fourth round pick for ten minutes wait.  

This year, despite the relatively thin talent pool, shows that the NFL draft is brilliant, brilliant entertainment and can make or break a team in one move.

Alvin Kamara may be another option for the Packers. Agree that Mixon will likely go later, although maybe 3rd Round.

Seahawks could definitely use some help on their OL.

Was hoping the Browns would go for Jonathan Allen. Him, Garrett and Shelton would have been fun to watch.

That only makes sense if the guy the Niners wanted was likely to fall low enough in the draft.  Either way, though, the Niners have made out like bandits in this draft.  As was posted earlier, the Niners effective got two first round picks and fourth round pick for ten minutes wait.  

This year, despite the relatively thin talent pool, shows that the NFL draft is brilliant, brilliant entertainment and can make or break a team in one move.

I suspect the guy the Niners wanted was the guy that they got, and they were more than happy to take a load of picks to move down a pick and still get their guy.

They've hit the jackpot in the draft anyhow.

53 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Quite a few of the PFF analysts like Kessler as quarterback for the Browns. Building the lines is surely better than reaching for a Miracle worker?

Rightly so. What did Kessler do wrong last season? I mean hes not amazing but hes far from bad

Archived