The NFL 2017 Draft

lichtie23

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleased with the work done by the Chargers so far by hopefully sorting out the offensive issues from last year. I'd like to see a few defensive backs being picked up in the next rounds.

1 hour ago, GingerSaint said:

QB class is always better next year.

The last couple of years it has been...

the Winston class was the last one where it got significantly worse the next year. This year was absolutely better than last years group. Not great, but better

15 hours ago, GingerSaint said:

Remember when Matt Barkley and Christian Hackenberg were the next big things? Darnold and the rest could easily become the same.

Lol anybody who watched Hackenbergs last season in college knew he was a bust. Same with Savage.

19 minutes ago, Stewbo said:

Lol anybody who watched Hackenbergs last season in college knew he was a bust. Same with Savage.

That's what I'm saying. It's easy to say next year's class is better but then you actually watch them.

I remember people touting Brad Kaaya last year as an example of 2017 being better than 2016.

5 minutes ago, Super_A said:

Anyone with eyes can see that Darnold is better than any QB in this years Draft. Rosen as well but he could be a bit injury prone.

Perhaps, but my point in general (that I've not actually said) is that these saviors of the franchise don't always turn out to be as good as advertised a year earlier. DeShaun Watson was the lock to go #1 this time last year and save the Browns franchise. 

Perhaps, but my point in general (that I've not actually said) is that these saviors of the franchise don't always turn out to be as good as advertised a year earlier. DeShaun Watson was the lock to go #1 this time last year and save the Browns franchise. 

Was DeShone Kizer not considered the top draft prospect at the start of the last college season, now people are a bit sniffy about the Browns taking him at #54?

1 hour ago, GingerSaint said:

Honestly I still think Watson is better than any QB from last year. Kizer needs time to learn the pro game, but he can pass like Cutler at his best.

I think next years depth as well as breadth of talent is superior. Darnold and Rosen arent even my favourites but theyre really really good. watching about 6 or 7 of the 2018 guys they were more appealing than most of this years options.

i think that line of 'next years class is always better' is a bit tired. Believe it or not, a lot of the time it's actually true...

I rated Watson my top QB this season due to his proven track record as a winner and the experience he had, especially over Trubisky who only started 13 games. I quite like his mentality as well.

Archived