Dumbarton V Queens

2 hours ago, Tam Carson is my No 1 said:

Queens have a top goalkeeper in Robinson, it will be hard for us to break through considering we don't create a lot of chances. Hopefully with the freedom our ball players have at the moment this will change. Looking at a close game with hopefully a Sons win. Mon the Sons.

We also have a top goalkeeper, in Alan Martin.

Just saying.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

I make it we are now up to 19 players but three are goalies plus Gallagher is long term injured and I suspect McCallum will still be loaned out so at least another incomer should be possible if not two.Queens seem to have turned the corner and Dobbie is a permanent danger but with Vaughan in form and perhaps Prince Nade starting the game hopefully the goals will flow on Saturday.

Reckon McCallum will go out also. But wouldn't be surprised to see someone else come in if he does go out.

I wouldn't start Nade yet to be honest. But that is just me.

5 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Reckon McCallum will go out also. But wouldn't be surprised to see someone else come in if he does go out.

I wouldn't start Nade yet to be honest. But that is just me.

Last sentence there, I'd start Nade instead of big Thomson. The chances Thomson missed v Hibs yesterday!? 1st half a ball was floated into him from the right & he did his usual fall over while attempting a volley. The big chap just hasn't stepped up from a League below, for all his effort he simply has no composure in the 'finishing' department. Sadly

41 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Last sentence there, I'd start Nade instead of big Thomson. The chances Thomson missed v Hibs yesterday!? 1st half a ball was floated into him from the right & he did his usual fall over while attempting a volley. The big chap just hasn't stepped up from a League below, for all his effort he simply has no composure in the 'finishing' department. Sadly

Whilst I 100% agree that Thommo is not up there finishing wise, I think his replacement could be Gallagher on the wing and Garry staying up top. Especially in the form he is in at the moment, we can't drop him. So I agree Thommo isn't cutting it in terms of taking his chances, I also don't think Nade is up to speed yet and honestly think he would struggle to last an hour.

18 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Whilst I 100% agree that Thommo is not up there finishing wise, I think his replacement could be Gallagher on the wing and Garry staying up top. Especially in the form he is in at the moment, we can't drop him. So I agree Thommo isn't cutting it in terms of taking his chances, I also don't think Nade is up to speed yet and honestly think he would struggle to last an hour.

We're playing some good, attacking football lately, creating plenty of chances. Big Thomson ain't taking those chances. Start Christian Nade with Fleming & bring on Thomson or Calum Gallacher, if Nade tires around the hour mark. Thomson could easily have bagged a brace V Hibs but his finishing is abysmal to put it mildly. That's the only change i'd make from yesterday's line-up v Hibs.

18 hours ago, Silverton End said:

That's what I was talking about earlier, the chances we create need to have a decent striker at the end of them. I agree Alan Martin is probably the best keeper in the league.

19 hours ago, steakpiegravy said:

I consider the Rangers away cup game as day 0 of the slump. Others may argue.

Yes, I think you're right actually.  

I thought we'd steadied the ship with the draw against Hibs which kept us top before going to Dumbarton.  It probably is fair to say that the rot had set in before we got there though.

46 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Someone do the right thing and amend the thread title.

I'm deeply offended.

I've never understood why Dumbarton is the town name but Dunbartonshire is the County name. Maybe sometime long, long ago someone was drawing a map and made a typo which wasn't noticed in time so they just kept it in. No wonder there is confusion. Safer just to say The Sons V QotS.

Archived