For a decent Pittodrie memory I've got to go back to the League Cup quarter final, Jimmy Murphy Cammy Fraser and the like, driving up the coast road in the back of a Fiat 127 before the dual carriageway existed.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27th October 2012 was Aberdeen's first win over Dundee at Pittodrie since 30th October 1993.

14 matches. 6 Dundee wins. 

Conversely Dundee went from 1988 to 2003 without beating us at Dens.

This is all league matches btw didn't check cup but know Dundee did win a LC QF at Dens mid90s.

I'd personally go for this lineup tonight.

Bain
Kerr Julian Gomis Gadz Holt
Vincent Hateley O'Hara
Haber Elbahk2e

Pretty negative team, I personally don't like the back five but I think there's no other option in a game we'll likely be under the cosh and no O'Dea. Agree McGowan has been stinking for a wee while now (Saints game excluded) so would like to see Vincent back in. I'd actually have Nick Ross in there but I doubt that will happen. I'd rest Wighton and play Fais off Haber, we've not really tried that yet so worth a shot tonight and Fais is quicker than Wighton. Just need who ever plays up top with Haber and one of the midfielders at least to get close to Habers knockdowns.

Aside from the 1995 League Cup Final, I think my first away day was down at Dens in the league cup the following season where we lost IIRC

Best memory of Dens is actually getting chucked oot a Scottish Cup game then watching Marcus Heikkinen ram in a beezer in the Troll pub which was rammed with *** filth

Simpler times 

Think our Friday night record is decent.

Three good away Fridays at Tynecastle, Motherwell and Partick recently.

At home, think we've won them all without conceding a goal over the past 6 years or so since they started these - including a match against Pars where Rob Milsom essentially was the new messiah.

1-0 win, with one of those twitchy sphincter inducing last ten minutes when the opponents decide to come up the park.

Only conceded one goal we beat Motherwell 2-1 think we scored 2 in a minute two seasons ago

Radio seemed to suggest this game may be called off because of the ice.

Fingers crossed.

That's a pity if true,was looking forward to the dundee players dishing out a few telts on live TV after their fighting talk in the media this week.

53 minutes ago, K.T said:

Radio seemed to suggest this game may be called off because of the ice.

Fingers crossed.

Anyone heard this from any different sources? Nothing on twitter or their online forum and met office has it not going below 5ºC until 10PM when it drops a degree. No weather warnings or that too.

Anyone heard this from any different sources? Nothing on twitter or their online forum and met office has it not going below 5ºC until 10PM when it drops a degree. No weather warnings or that too.

Judging by all the replies I would assume that the radio is talking pish.

I can only see it on here nothing on Aberdeen/dundee official sites

Archived