Football Trivia

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

10 cities are home to at least 2 teams that have played in a champions league/European cup semi final.

Name the cities.

Dundee, Glasgow, London, Manchester, Madrid, Milan, Lisbon, Prague, Budapest, Belgrade

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

10 cities are home to 2 teams that have played in a champions league/European cup semi final.

Name the cities.

London

Madrid

Milan

Lisbon

Manchester

Brussels

Belgrade

Beucharest

Turin

Budapest

Two or three guesses in there but I know Red Star won it in 91 and im sure Partizan Belgrade made the semis the year Celtic won it.

Prosinecki was correct.
It was the full time teaser on Radio Clyde earlier.

I've had that question in a quiz or something somewhere before. Plus he was one of my favourite foreign players growing up. Class player on the ball, but a f**king lazy b*****d without it. Think he smoked about 30-a-day as well.

Just now, Eednud said:

Dundee, Glasgow, London, Manchester, Madrid, Milan, Lisbon, Prague, Budapest, Belgrade

Your right on Dundee, the Dens Park side made the semis in early 60's and United in 84.

Glasgow is wrong as Rangers have never made the semi final, neither have Partick Thistle

9/10
London
Madrid
Milan
Lisbon
Manchester
Brussels
Belgrade
Beucharest
Turin
Budapest

Two or three guesses in there but I know Red Star won it in 91 and im sure Partizan Belgrade made the semis the year Celtic won it.

2 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Your right on Dundee, the Dens Park side made the semis in early 60's and United in 84.

Glasgow is wrong as Rangers have never made the semi final, neither have Partick Thistle

A previous version of Rangers Rangers lost to Eintracht Frankfurt in the semi before the Real Madrid 7 Eintracht Frankfurt 3 final at Hampden in 1960. One of my earliest memories of watching a game live on TV.

Just now, Eednud said:

A previous version of Rangers Rangers lost to Eintracht Frankfurt in the semi before the Real Madrid 7 Eintracht Frankfurt 3 final at Hampden in 1960. One of my earliest memories of watching a game live on TV.

I thought that was a quarter final ?

Over a decade before I was born mind you so my memory is sketchy on that one to be fair.

Just had a look on line and there are actually 11 cities as Rapid in 1961 and Austria in 1979 from Vienna both made the semis..

You appear to be correct.

I blame a bad source. Never trust the sun.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/football/1146053/manchester-becomes-tenth-city-to-have-two-teams-play-in-champions-league-semi-finals-joining-london-madrid-milan-and-dundee/

Archived