St Mirren v Falkirk 28/1/17

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A dismal game lacking in quality. Both teams hoofing the ball about aimlessly. Falkirk marginally the better team although both goals were blunders from the officials.
The throw in for the first goal came off a falkirk player last, regardless of where it was taken from. The second goal, aird was about ten feet offside before crossing for the goal. The most blatant offside I;ve ever seen. The linesman had an absolute shocker and seemed to crumble under the abuse from the crowd. At one point the ball went out for what was eventually given a falkirk corner. The linesman stood and waited for the ref to decide,before flagging for it himself, despite being about 2 feet away :huh: He did this with several decisions. You can understand mistakes, but this guy was out his depth and in wide eyed terror mode anytime he had to make a decision. Even the falkirk subs beside the goal were laughing at him when he gave that corner. And then of course there's sutton given offside in his own half :thumsup2
As for saints, cammy smith looks decent if only he could pass a ball instead of trying to beat five men. The rest of the new players looked awful and unsure of what position they were playing in. Storie caught too far upfield many times, leaving cbs exposed, but then the rest of the midfield didn't want the ball so can't be blamed. Norwegian chap looked to be played out of position and his throw ins are awful, but looks like he could be useful if played centrally. Sutton may have to be dropped if they are going to continually pump kickouts and throwins up to him as he doesn't win much in the air. There is pace up front now. The ball needs to be kept on the deck.

Heads gone

50 minutes ago, christinanade said:

Impressive maths soapdodger. Did you count out the big sums using needles lined up on your tenement floor?

f**k off to the station the relegation express is coming choo choo.

Now f**k off spoonburner.

Night and day from last week taking in even our good spell last week, amazing what happens when you take the snail out of the team.

Im not a fan of fancy formations, our last St mirren game we did the runaround not knowing where you are formation. My personal thought is 4-2-3-1 is for teams who have the best of what's around and can make a difference and not the majority of Scottish football. 

Two cracking finishes from Baird, not a popular statement but I'd give him another year as we will more than likely be in this league again and he does what's on the tin, helped by a proper formation, if Watson is the answer, him also. A little stability goes a long way. 

Still its St mirren, on paper we should be winning, tho last weeks performance had most of us seeing the end is nigh, it will be if we lose next week 

Night and day from last week taking in even our good spell last week, amazing what happens when you take the snail out of the team.
Im not a fan of fancy formations, our last St mirren game we did the runaround not knowing where you are formation. My personal thought is 4-2-3-1 is for teams who have the best of what's around and can make a difference and not the majority of Scottish football. 
Two cracking finishes from Baird, not a popular statement but I'd give him another year as we will more than likely be in this league again and he does what's on the tin, helped by a proper formation, if Watson is the answer, him also. A little stability goes a long way. 
Still its St mirren, on paper we should be winning, tho last weeks performance had most of us seeing the end is nigh, it will be if we lose next week 
4-4-2 big striker who's pretty good in the air along with a wee striker who doesn't give defenders an inch, pretty much works with the players falkirk have got.
Agreed but who are you calling the snail?

10 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

Craigen should be allowed to go in this window ...Houstie got it wrong..hes simply too slow to be effective in this league ...Get him to f**k

Need to get somebody to take him first.

4 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Did St Mirren fans regularly stalk the Morton threads during their years kf obscurity the way Morton fans do to us now?

Genuine question BTW. I've never frequented Morton threads in all my time on P&B.

There's certainly something very strange about some of them, that's for sure. 

Archived