Balance Sheet FC/Raith V Scottish Cup Holders Hibernian FC

Aye, none, f**k-all and Adam :lol:

I'm not so sure. Let's say we offer to buy an extra 4000 tickets at double the price. Budge can either cash in and there's at least going to be an atmosphere at the cost of pissing off the home support. The other option is refuse us and while that will keep the Hearts support happy, we'll be stuck with 4000 people that sit on their hands all game, only rising off their seat occasionally to abuse Chris Humphrey for having an Irish sounding name.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not so sure. Let's say we offer to buy an extra 4000 tickets at double the price. Budge can either cash in and there's at least going to be an atmosphere at the cost of pissing off the home support. The other option is refuse us and while that will keep the Hearts support happy, we'll be stuck with 4000 people that sit on their hands all game, only rising off their seat occasionally to abuse Chris Humphrey for having an Irish sounding name.

We sell out every category A game at Tynecastle, so if we get past Raith, why on earth would we be giving Hibs any of the Wheatfield? You're tripping if you think there is any possibility of that coming to pass.

We sell out every category A game at Tynecastle, so if we get past Raith, why on earth would we be giving Hibs any of the Wheatfield? You're tripping if you think there is any possibility of that coming to pass.

I just want as many Hibs fans their as possible. Murrayfield would have been a decent shout. Say we brought 25-30k and you lot 14-16k, that's a healthy crowd for a fifth round game.

2 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Aye, none, f**k-all and Adam :lol:

The away team are allowed to claim 20% of the total ticket allocation; with Hearts only able to contain two-thirds of Hibs' highest attendance this season, I think the chance is closer to 'coming back from 2-0 down with twelve minutes to go', 'an obese polar bear single-handedly winning a semi-final' and 'coming back from 2-1 down with twelve minutes to go - scoring in the 92nd-minute - to win The Scottish Cup'.

3 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

If Hearts get through is there any chance we'll get a few sections of the Wheatfield ?

A certainty.

What's not certain is that we will be facing Hearts, although I'd much rather we faced the more beatable team in the 5th Round - again.

1 minute ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I just want as many Hibs fans their as possible. Murrayfield would have been a decent shout. Say we brought 25-30k and you lot 14-16k, that's a healthy crowd for a fifth round game.

Hibs couldn't even fill their end at Hampden against us in 2006 and there were more than a few empty seats before the 51st minute in 2012, so your 30k tickets is horseshit, even if we played at the Nou Camp and everyone was given free plane travel.

4 minutes ago, Mon Dieu said:

The away team are allowed to claim 20% of the total ticket allocation; with Hearts only able to contain two-thirds of Hibs highest attendance this season, I think the chance is closer to 'coming back from 2-0 down with twelve minutes to go', 'an obese polar bear single-handedly winning a semi-final' and 'coming back from 2-1 down with twelve minutes to go - scoring in the 92nd-minute - to win The Scottish Cup'.

A certainty.

What's not certain is that we will be facing Hearts, although I'd much rather we faced the more beatable team in the 4th Round - again.

20% will get you The Roseburn Stand, just like it did when you played us at Tynecastle the last time. Hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Hibs couldn't even fill their end at Hampden against us in 2006 and there were more than a few empty seats before the 51st minute in 2012, so your 30k tickets is horseshit, even if we played at the Nou Camp and everyone was given free plane travel.

Why would we play it at the Nou Camp? Stop being silly please. Bring on Murrayfield.

6 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

I see this is the problem with Easter road. The corners need filling in asap. Think we'd easily take 30k to Murrayfield. Had we been playing a big side I reckon we could have a push at 40k

LOL if you think Hibs could take 40k anywhere, the only thing being pushed is eccie tablets, mostly in your direction.

2 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

20% will get you The Roseburn Stand, just like it did when you played us at Tynecastle the last time. Hope this helps.

But as I said, with you only able to accommodate a small portion of Hibs' highest attendance this season, I think Hearts will make the ethical decision to give up a bigger stand for a bigger club.

If Hearts beat Raith Rovers, at least P&B's Hibbies won't need to transition from the previous tie: two 'Heart of Midlothian' clubs and two sets of Juniors-standard dribblers. Perhaps our Midlothian opposition will do the right thing this time and forfeit the tie: we can't have any more assault on our players, cheating officials, 'deathsch of naschional treaschuresch' and 'men against juniors' games.

I'd award Hibs the cup if we manage to pull through a tie against Hearts unscathed, out of respect for the players & families having to live with the memory of coming so close to career-ending injuries. But to be honest, I would be hiding a stiffmeister when David Gray dodges bullets and weaves through the hammer-throwers to bury a stoppage time winner and celebrates with his fellow Jambos - only to come away with Ann Budge's head for Leeann Dempster's office*.

*[spelling?]

Archived