Hearts v Raith cup replay date tbc

Chimter-boys

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from game... Jeezo.

Raith played well, though a bit 'agricultural' at times. Played with attitude though. How can't they do that in the league?

Hearts were dreadful - worst display I've seen in many years.

Perry Kitchen is barely a footballer this season, never mind a captain. Get him on the bench at least.

Pass marks only to youngster Currie, Johnson - despite some awful passing, Sowah, Walker and Sam. Oh, and Sammon actually brought something to the game. Shame we can't bring him on at the 105minute mark in league games.

HIbs would've beaten us tonight, I'm sure. In a month though? We'll have our two African Nations players back, Sam will be match fit, the new guys will be fit and have had time to gel plus we might have a new striker and midfielder. Pity Paterson won't be back. It can't get worse, surely.

Some match. Great entertainment. Thought we matched Hearts well until we tired in extra time. 

The biggest frustration is the stupid errors. Jordan Thompson was completely at fault for their equaliser. Losing the ball there was criminal and handed Hearts a simple breakaway. The easy ball wide was there and he dithered and cost us the goal. Otherwise we might have sneaked it 1-0 over the 90 minutes. We soaked up a lot of pressure in that last twenty minutes of normal time mind.

Great positive Rovers crowd there getting behind the team. I think the team and Locke have redeemed themselves a fair bit over these two games with their performances, so hopefully we can get behind the team in what is a crucial match against Dumbarton. 

You really are a bit of a nob Martin. There's clearly a difference between a team that finished 3rd last season in the prem to a team that finished 4th in the championship when it comes to overall game play and fitness levels. I'd guess you've never played so much as subbuteo though or you would know that. Do you think one of our players should be capable of keeping up with Cristiano Ronaldo for 90 minutes because they are both full time players?

You really are a bit of a nob Martin. There's clearly a difference between a team that finished 3rd last season in the prem to a team that finished 4th in the championship when it comes to overall game play and fitness levels. I'd guess you've never played so much as subbuteo though or you would know that. Do you think one of our players should be capable of keeping up with Cristiano Ronaldo for 90 minutes because they are both full time players?

Why shouldn't we have the same fitness levels. Fair enough they should be better than us but it's not like our team finished shifts at 4.30pm then jumped on the bus to Tynecastle.

Hearts players aren't Cristiano Ronaldo, though. I've no idea how tired Raith players actually were towards the end, but I shouldn't imagine that the fitness levels would be much different at all.

Because we aren't playing against the same level of opposition every week. That's the biggest difference when it comes down to it. They were also able to bring on Sam Nicholson who is a cut above anything we have right now and is barely fit but due to natural ability was able to have a decent impact on the game.

As a neutral, I was thoroughly entertained this evening and got my money's worth. However I have to say that's one of the worst performances I've ever seen from Hearts. Scoreline certainly flatters them, and If they don't get themselves sorted then Hibs will demolish them in a few weeks.

Was hoping for a penalty shootout but 6 goals and 2 pens will do.

I understand that but we just simply aren't competing at the same level week in week out for our players to be as fit. You also have to take into account that most of them are playing for us as they just don't have the ability to play against teams like hearts week in week out,therefore have to put in much more effort to match the other team when they do play a team from a level above them.

Well, that was a very strange game in that Hearts were a class above but I still left a bit disappointed in the result with Thompson and Bene making three silly mistakes, and the goal at the end being unfortunate. 

M'Voto was absolutely superb at the back. He totally bossed the game, and at times was battering through two players at a time to head the ball clear. Stewart and McManus showed a good partnership up top. Sadly for Mark, nothing seems to be falling for him at the moment. Good to see Hardie come back in with a goal too. Aside from that, the results of the last two games have probably bought Locke a bit of time with some of the fans. It's hardly Grant Murray proportions after we won the Ramsden's Cup, but it's still good enough for a few weeks I'd imagine. Also, Davidson at right back is a bit of a strange case. He's actually looked more confident than Thomson. 

For Hearts, Nicholson was superb even coming back from injury. Walker and Martin were excellent in terms of their trickery, and Sowah looked a lot more assured. Despite getting a goal at the end Johnsen was absolutely rancid for them. 

Disappointed but the games still give us a bit of hope. We need to put in these performances week in and week out. Not the vacant stares of defenders towards one another like at the games against Falkirk and the Pars at Starks. Massive game on Saturday, where I'd imagine fitness might be an issue. 

Raith will feel hard done by - especially conceding two penalties - just caught the end of Locke's interview on the radio - he wasn't happy about something - I'm assuming it was the penalty awards.

So, sair yin for Raith, but hopefully they can take some encouragement from these two performances, and kick on into some better league form.

Not many great performances from Hearts players, but I thought Sowah, Martin, and Currie did well - I like Martin very much.

What was Raith fans' beef with Johnsen, btw?

Hearts on looking at the two games are a one man team. Jamie Walker was the only creative player in that hearts team tonight. The Hearts central defence is awful especially Kitchen. B&Q kitchens have more movement. Rovers taking heart from the second half on Sunday decided to play two up front causing all sorts of problems. As usual the one mistake in the rovers again by Thomson gifted hearts the goal. Hearts got every break of the ball and both ref and main stand linesman were awful at best. Finally... tyncastle has a capacity of 17400. The crowd announced was what 9500. So it was a little over half full. Aye fucking right.

Raith will feel hard done by - especially conceding two penalties - just caught the end of Locke's interview on the radio - he wasn't happy about something - I'm assuming it was the penalty awards.
So, sair yin for Raith, but hopefully they can take some encouragement from these two performances, and kick on into some better league form.
Not many great performances from Hearts players, but I thought Sowah, Martin, and Currie did well - I like Martin very much.
What was Raith fans' beef with Johnsen, btw?

Bene went in with the hard tackle in the corner, won the ball though hard but fair.

Johnsen then turned and gave the crowd a 4-2 with his hands which probably ended up causing the handbags near the end when McHattie went in on him.

Archived