Hearts v Raith cup replay date tbc

Chimter-boys

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

Not what I meant bud.

Why hearts fans more than any other in Scotland though? I put my hand in my pocket as a teenager to ensure the survival of my club when we were minutes from going bust. We didn't have an Anne budge!

Over 8,000 Hearts fans pay monthly direct debits to the club.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Raith play at Easter road I generally give it a miss. Why.... because it's Raith I'm watching and not feching Hibs... so I refuse to pay £23.

I'd pay £30 if I had to, to watch the Rovers.

It may be a bit sad, but I love going to watch the Rovers and a few extra pound would not come close to putting me off it.

You think Cathro even knows what the riot act is? Did you watch his interview? When he was asked, how he was feeling after the game, he replied with just 2 words, "It's ok!"

I would start wth exactly the same team as on Sunday anyway. McManus or Skacel don't automatically deserve to start the game just because they were both brilliant when they came on as they have both been murder for months. We aren't going to start with 2 up top. Stewart is better than Hardie at being the lone-striker.

If we go with the same formation I can see us losing. We'll invite pressure on and just hope Hearts are too shit to capitalise. Knowing our luck they'll score a couple of goals and with our lamentable goal scoring record that will be the tie over.

Stewart has proven on several occasions that he is fairly poor at playing as the lone forward. If we want to actually win this cup tie, then something will have to change. Saying that, the other options for playing a lone striker role would be Hardie, McManus or Rudi. Can't see any of them doing any better. Great to know we have such a big versatile squad. No wonder Locke wanted a big man up front.

We had that one flurry of chances that followed Stewart's glaring miss on Sunday. That apart, we only threatened when we brought on McManus and Skacel. There is no finesse about our attacking play in recent times. It's all kick and rush. That needs to change but we don't seem able to change that.

If we want to win then we'll need to find a 'Falkirk away' performance from somewhere. Hearts will need to help by playing like they did on Sunday.

I should've stuck my XI on my earlier post, but I'll opt for a virtually similar team as we had on Sunday -
Cuthbert
Davo MVoto Bene McHattie
Johnston Matthews Thompson Barr
Callachan
Hardie

Stewart had an orite game (despite THAT Miss), but was always struggling to hold the ball up with 2/3 boys round him. Hardie will give us that extra bit pace and skill up top also, and if all fails hoof ball for Hardie to run on too haha

I think we've got a slight chance here. Hearts are still finding their feet under Cathro and Hibs in the next round will place extra pressure on them to win. If we can keep it tight early and defend like we did on Sunday but eliminate any stupid lapses in concentration like the one that led to their goal, then we can nick it 1-0 or take it to penalties. Being the away side and already having secured the replay might relax us. 

Remember going up to Pittodrie and winning after drawing at Starks.  It can happen 

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

I think we've got a slight chance here. Hearts are still finding their feet under Cathro and Hibs in the next round will place extra pressure on them to win. If we can keep it tight early and defend like we did on Sunday but eliminate any stupid lapses in concentration like the one that led to their goal, then we can nick it 1-0 or take it to penalties. Being the away side and already having secured the replay might relax us. 

Remember going up to Pittodrie and winning after drawing at Starks.  It can happen 

Keep it tight first half and don't make silly mistakes and they are there for the taking. 

14 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

First of all it's Hibs we pay to watch, not Dumbarton or Morton. Secondly, I'll be firing out red dots in future if there are any more disgraceful, snide remarks about Dumbarton Football Club on this forum.

Dumbarton aint the same to me since they left Boghead...

Hoping for a first for Rovers tomorrow. We've beaten Hearts in the league at Tynecastle and we've drawn with them there in the cup (although we lost the replay at Stark's).  And although we've beaten them at home in the cup (all the way back to February 1914) we've never done it at Tynecastle. Here's hoping.

Getting out of the Sainsburys is a disaster unless you boost early or get a prime spot. Might not be as big a problem with about 6,000 there instead of 16,000 though, I guess.

I'm tempted to go in early to the tram park and ride at ingliston. £4 day return.

I can remember a league cup tie in the 90's, got freebies from pal Paul Ritchie, got to Tyncastle and theywould not let us use them for away end so had to sit in main stand. Few of the locals didn't like me and brothers celebration as we equalised late to go 2-2, think we lost 3-2 in extra time. Sure Mickey Cameron scored for us that night.

I should arrive quite early for game, is there a pub generally considered an 'away' one near the ground?

I can remember a league cup tie in the 90's, got freebies from pal Paul Ritchie, got to Tyncastle and theywould not let us use them for away end so had to sit in main stand. Few of the locals didn't like me and brothers celebration as we equalised late to go 2-2, think we lost 3-2 in extra time. Sure Mickey Cameron scored for us that night.
I should arrive quite early for game, is there a pub generally considered an 'away' one near the ground?

I was looking that game up for the preview. According to the website I looked at, our goals were scored by Paul Shields and Paul Hartley, and we lost 4-2 with two goals in the second half of extra time, with one credited as a Guido van de Kamp own goal. I don't recall the game at all though.

I've only been to Tynecastle once in the early nineties, although Rovers won 1-0. I'm not convinced my 100% record will remain intact after tonight to be honest.

Got my ticket in the old stand. Mostly for sentimental reasons. Burns Nicht postponed until tomorrow.

Awful game on Sunday but £15 is worth it to support the club and hopefully set up a tie with Hibs.

Strangely confident going into this one, collection of things at hearts such as new manager, few new players and have more pressure on them. Play like we did second half on Sunday should be a raith win. 17/2 on Sky bet folks

4 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

The Roseburn is where I've always drank pre-match before games at Tynecastle, fine boozer

Archived