Uefa nations league

Bambino7

13 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Ampadu looks like some player for Wales. Running the show at 17 years old (he is 18 next week to be fair). 

I only watched the first half but even before him setting up the goal he was spraying passes about and winning every ball near him. Looks to be an outstanding taken, hadn't heard of him before either. 

12 hours ago, red23 said:

Just think Wales approach of capping everyone English in case they become good is pathetic.

It's what i used to do on championship manager when a player had dual nationality.

Scotland's policy of waiting until they've finally given up on playing for England and are established Championship players is obviously a better method.

Ampadu was superb.

12 hours ago, red23 said:

Just think Wales approach of capping everyone English in case they become good is pathetic.

It's what i used to do on championship manager when a player had dual nationality.

I appreciate that I'm biased here, but what are you on about mate? We've been plopping kids into our national team for as long as I can remember, regardless of whether we wanted to keep them from England. Bale (qualified for England, but was never going to pick them) was thrown in as a scrawny 16-year left-back; Giggs (wished he was English but wasn't) started at 17; Aaron Ramsey (only Welsh) debuted at the same age. Wales capping teenagers is not new. Sometimes they develop into world-beaters, sometimes they don't. Lewin Nyantanga was supposed to be an up-and-coming star when he became Wales' youngest ever player 12 years ago, but that star turned out to be more like a slightly boring moon. Harry Wilson made headlines a few years ago but nothing has come of him since really.

Either way, when you're on the level of Wales or Scotland, you go with the whole "good enough, old enough" approach because what are the other options? Worst comes to worst, none of these highly-rated kids are ever gonna be that much worse than some mediocre bloke from Preston North End, are they?

15 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Czechs czuch it away in injury time. Comedy defending. 

Team is absolutely honking at present. I almost went along to this game as it was in a town not too far away, but glad I didn't now. Played five at the back at home to Ukraine, pathetic stuff. 

Faroe Isles' 3-1 win over Malta is what this tournament is about I reckon. Wee teams winning competitive fixtures against teams at their level.

Oh and the thought of England and Ireland both suffering relegation is also fantastic!

18 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I was at Latvia vs Andorra last night. A truly abysmal game of football and Andorra fully deserved the draw. It's fair to say big Mixu isn't very popular with the locals.

Latvia pumped Andorra 4-0 in the World Cup qualifiers a year ago.

Since then Andorra have played four games and kept clean sheets in them all. They beat Liechtenstein 1-0 and have had successive goalless draws against Cape Verde, UAE and now Latvia.

Quite an impressive change of fortunes, and fixtures like this will allow them to build on that rather than worrying about  12-0 pasting from Germany or something in their next game.

Next up, Kazakhstan at home. The Kazakhs lost at home to group favourites Georgia.

Anybody know why Andorra have had such a sudden upturn? I can't see anything indicating they've got a new miracle working coach or have started flooding the team with Andorran qualified Spanish or French players. It just seems to have started working for them all of a sudden. 

3 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Anybody know why Andorra have had such a sudden upturn? I can't see anything indicating they've got a new miracle working coach or have started flooding the team with Andorran qualified Spanish or French players. It just seems to have started working for them all of a sudden. 

Not really sure. I've been looking into this myself.

They've had the same coach for 8 years, so it's not that.

Players mainly domestic, one boy in Norway. Not sure.

18 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Not really sure. I've been looking into this myself.

They've had the same coach for 8 years, so it's not that.

Players mainly domestic, one boy in Norway. Not sure.

Yes, that's all I could find too.  It's really quite strange, in a positive manner.