Football Shirts

CFS is brilliant for daft things in in the clearence section but not a great deal else other than being a museum of sorts. 
A couple of years ago I came across 10 1982 Argentina shirts that are described as "ultra rare" online. They offered me about £40 a shirt (the one on their website is £350) and I politely declined. 
I get how it all operates but I was lucky enough to find a collector who told me if I spaced them out I could probably get upwards of £250 for each shirt before saying "although I'll give you £1000 for them right now". I appreciated the honestly and a grand is not to be sniffed when the initial outlay was £10 (TEN) but I wanted to keep one for myself. 
I ended up finding another on ebay in decent enough condition for £30, although the colour has faded massively.
That Retrogers guy always seemed sound enough. Never met him but contacted him a few times for a bit of help trying to price something to sell and he invited me to his wee box for a Thistle game last season. Didn't go though. f**k the jags n that.
Aye you'll find a lot of the collectors on Twitter are willing to help price stuff if you can't find it online. One of the shirts I had was a match prepared shirt from 1986-88, eventually got put in touch with an official club Historian at Arsenal who was able to tell me that it was either worn in a specific game by Paul Merson, or most likely a recycled shirt that was used for training in the seasons after as the kitman back then was a bit tight with dishing out new gear.

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Aye you'll find a lot of the collectors on Twitter are willing to help price stuff if you can't find it online. One of the shirts I had was a match prepared shirt from 1986-88, eventually got put in touch with an official club Historian at Arsenal who was able to tell me that it was either worn in a specific game by Paul Merson, or most likely a recycled shirt that was used for training in the seasons after as the kitman back then was a bit tight with dishing out new gear.

Aye there are definitely a good group of guys there but I'm finding more and more are insufferable little fucks. 

That Ellis fucker. Where did he come from? Think he should stick to that audience that consider themselves tacticians because they know what CDM means in FIFA.

Only used them this once once but got this shirt off Soccer Lord recently. Quite a cheap website that has a mixture of retro and new shirts. Well pleased with the quality of it too and only took about 2 weeks to arrive which was quite good considering they're based in Sweden (well I'm assuming so as their website is .se)

Retro-Blackburn-Rovers-Home-Football-Shirt-94-96.jpg

Edited by C. Muir

2 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

CFS is brilliant for daft things in in the clearence section but not a great deal else other than being a museum of sorts. 

A couple of years ago I came across 10 1982 Argentina shirts that are described as "ultra rare" online. They offered me about £40 a shirt (the one on their website is £350) and I politely declined. 

I get how it all operates but I was lucky enough to find a collector who told me if I spaced them out I could probably get upwards of £250 for each shirt before saying "although I'll give you £1000 for them right now". I appreciated the honestly and a grand is not to be sniffed when the initial outlay was £10 (TEN) but I wanted to keep one for myself. 

I ended up finding another on ebay in decent enough condition for £30, although the colour has faded massively.

That Retrogers guy always seemed sound enough. Never met him but contacted him a few times for a bit of help trying to price something to sell and he invited me to his wee box for a Thistle game last season. Didn't go though. f**k the jags n that.

What, Retrogers has got a private box at Partick Thistle??

That’s the last c**t you should be contacting for pricing advice! The boy who was doing ‘Buy nows’ of Rangers Puma shirts at a bargain £35 when even fat mikes shops were selling them off for £10. He’s a fucking parasite that c**t and drove prices up for everyone. A real divider of opinion amongst Gers collectors too.

Edited by 8MileBU

2 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Aye there are definitely a good group of guys there but I'm finding more and more are insufferable little fucks. 

That Ellis fucker. Where did he come from? Think he should stick to that audience that consider themselves tacticians because they know what CDM means in FIFA.

Who is Ellis? A football shirt collector off Twitter? What’s his @? 

There are quite a few decent accounts/folk for sounding out prices on Twitter. Couple of good sellers and exchangers too.

2 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Only used them this once once but got this shirt off Soccer Lord recently. Quite a cheap website that has a mixture of retro and new shirts. Well pleased with the quality of it too and only took about 2 weeks to arrive which was quite good considering they're based in Sweden (well I'm assuming so as their website is .se)

Retro-Blackburn-Rovers-Home-Football-Shirt-94-96.jpg

Soccer Lord has moved around a lot. Currently a Swedish website but you can bet your bollux that the shirts will have been made and shipped from China or Thailand.

Soccer Lord has moved around a lot. Currently a Swedish website but you can bet your bollux that the shirts will have been made and shipped from China or Thailand.
@shirtkingSOE was very helpful, also pops up with a lot of random obscure stuff around the £10-20 range that would be ideal for 5s

16 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Who is Ellis? A football shirt collector off Twitter? What’s his @? 

Ellis awaydays or something. Seems to be very popular so you'll find him.

30 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What, Retrogers has got a private box at Partick Thistle??

His footietrader office is that wee bit right at the left hand side from a TV view next to the empty bit where the terrace used to be. 

The thing I was asking about was a late 80's Admiral shirt that I struggled to get any information on. Turns out it was late 80's staunch leisurewear. Think that's how I ended up speaking to him actually. 2 or 3 years ago now.

@shirtking is good for random bits and bobs. Picked up daft things like Cowdenbeath coaches jackets and matchworn lower league stuff off him for buttons. Also got a late 90s Scotland "coaches" jacket that had 11 marked under the collar, so it's quite likely it belonged to Johnny 6 pack himself. 

It's how the antiques trade works. You buy old Mrs McGlumpher's horrible vase for a fiver and sell it as a piece of Clarence Clift for 500 notes "we buy rubbish and sell antiques".

Football shirts are just modern(ish) antiques. I imagine those that are into collecting programmes can tell you a few tales of bandits too.

Now, I can do you a nice 2010 match worn Edinburgh City strip for some notes, squire...

It's how the antiques trade works. You buy old Mrs McGlumpher's horrible vase for a fiver and sell it as a piece of Clarence Clift for 500 notes "we buy rubbish and sell antiques".
Football shirts are just modern(ish) antiques. I imagine those that are into collecting programmes can tell you a few tales of bandits too.
Now, I can do you a nice 2010 match worn Edinburgh City strip for some notes, squire...
I never did get my inflatable Mr Blobby so I'll have the shirt as compensation?

6 minutes ago, Aidan said:
9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I never did get my inflatable Mr Blobby so I'll have the shirt as compensation?

Seems fair enough. Got a favourite number?

6 hours ago, Aidan said:
6 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

I got the Holland Italia 90 home shirt and the Juventus 96/97 away shirt both in mint condition off a boy on twitter for around £80 a few months back. 

12 hours ago, Aidan said:
13 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

@shirtkingSOE was very helpful, also pops up with a lot of random obscure stuff around the £10-20 range that would be ideal for 5s

Yeah, know that one, I also follow shirtking.

12 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Ellis awaydays or something. Seems to be very popular so you'll find him.

His footietrader office is that wee bit right at the left hand side from a TV view next to the empty bit where the terrace used to be. 

I mind he had vids up at Partick when he started Footietrader, didn’t realise he had an office there though. Paying the office rent off the fortune he’s made bumping fellow (naive) Gers fans nae doubt. Loves sliding into DMs that yin.

Edited by 8MileBU

I see Rangers fans are going tonto about faulty Castore gear. Any of you bought any of it?

I walked past a guy decked head to toe in training gear and it did look very nice, but it seems all the stuff is getting made on the cheap in Turkey and they're falling to bits.

2 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Have a word with yourself ffs! 

Hey, I'm no advocating cutting about like that. All I'm saying is the stuff looked nice and the quality didn't seem as bad as some of the stuff I read online.

The Castore thing was always going to happen. 

No matter your thoughts on RFC, the pent up demand for kit and leisurewear after the Ashley years will have been massive. 

Going with what was effectively a new start up with no track record of major sales delivery and dubious financial backing (Ashley?) was a recipe for disaster. At the time I laughed of the rumours from Celtic twitter that they had been blackballed by the big companies after the Puma debacle but it makes you think. 

The Fruit of the Loom style school jumpers with iron on badges for £45 is a worthy successor to the peak Banter Years.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Whats peoples thoughts on pre match kits?
Obviously just another way to scam fans but some are pretty nice and worth picking up in the sales imo.

https://versus.uk.com/2019/09/15-drippiest-pre-match-jerseys-201920-season/

Some are a bit bright but some nice ones

A fucking what now?