Hearts V The Rangers

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I'm hoping the **** win, don't want Hearts gaining any confidence before the Derby.

Very decent point.  More turmoil for the laptop lapdog.  'Mon the reincarnated sons of William. 

I hope we throw Goncalves straight in, it's a really hard game to call, Rangers have been grinding out the results without looking spectacular whereas we've been on a bad run of results and performances but we are capable of putting in a big performance at Tynecastle, if we play at the same tempo as we did against Aberdeen we'll get beat, we need to put in a big performance and get a good result to get some good feeling and confidence back before we go into the cup game against hibs.

55 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Union flags, mate - union flags.

I'll have my tea-towel, as usual.

Would that be A Union Flag or King William III tea-towel? I have both, you could borrow one if you like so that both versions will be present.

As for the game, another 'big' away match for us where so far we have been utterly woeful. Given the problems Hearts are experiencing though, I fancy us to take this one tonight.

17 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Would that be A Union Flag or King William III tea-towel? I have both, you could borrow one if you like so that both versions will be present.

As for the game, another 'big' away match for us where so far we have been utterly woeful. Given the problems Hearts are experiencing though, I fancy us to take this one tonight.,

I think Rangers will be favourites, based on form - I won't be throwing in the tea-towel if things don't go our way - coaches and new players need time.

I'm now thinking that we might be too cautious to start with Johnsen, Goncalves, Walker, Martin, and Nicholson?  I hope we do, but I wonder if we're more likely to go with a spoiler like Cowie in there ahead of someone like wee Sam.

Either way, hoping that we have a go, and show signs of improvement - hoping for a win, obviously.

18 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I think Rangers will be favourites, based on form - I won't be throwing in the tea-towel if things don't go our way - coaches and new players need time.

I'm now thinking that we might be too cautious to start with Johnsen, Goncalves, Walker, Martin, and Nicholson?  I hope we do, but I wonder if we're more likely to go with a spoiler like Cowie in there ahead of someone like wee Sam.

Either way, hoping that we have a go, and show signs of improvement - hoping for a win, obviously.

Hamilton

Struna/Rherras Hughes Avlonitis Sowah

Kitchen Tzilios

Goncalves Martin Walker

Johnsen.

That's my predicted line up, maybe wee matchstick legs Cowie will play instead of the new boy in midfield but I fucking hope not.

22 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I think Rangers will be favourites, based on form.

:blink: Difficult to get my head around us being favourites at Tynecastle. That has not been the case for quite some time, and having watched Rangers just about every game this season, I am only too well aware of our frailties. Play as we can then we should win tonight, however we could just as easily throw in another shocker ala our first visit earlier this season.

Should be an interesting watch either way. Just surprised it is our game on the Tellybox and not the mismatch at The Piggery given the current media love fest with all things Filthy at the moment.

14 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

:blink: Difficult to get my head around us being favourites at Tynecastle. That has not been the case for quite some time, and having watched Rangers just about every game this season, I am only too well aware of our frailties. Play as we can then we should win tonight, however we could just as easily throw in another shocker ala our first visit earlier this season.

Should be an interesting watch either way. Just surprised it is our game on the Tellybox and not the mismatch at The Piggery given the current media love fest with all things Filthy at the moment.

I think I'd be making rangers favourites based on our form, tbh.

We're transforming from a one dimensional, kick and rush, bottle crashing caterpillar into an expansive, gegenpressing, maroon and white butterfly. It will take time for the new boys to gel so the rangers are favourites tonight.

We should have our style locked down for the cup tho.

7 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

We're transforming from a one dimensional, kick and rush, bottle crashing caterpillar into an expansive, gegenpressing, maroon and white butterfly. It will take time for the new boys to gel so the rangers are favourites tonight.

We should have our style locked down for the cup tho.

It will be the first time in my life I won't view hearts as caveman hatchet like in that case.  I wish you good luck with your new endeavours. 

A shame Tziolis and Avlonitis aren't ready to start. Looks a decent team aside from that.

Nowak in defence is maybe a bit of a concern. The only way he was able to break into the team in the first place was as a midfielder despite our defence being pish this year.

Just now, Darren said:

If we can't exploit that Rangers central defence then we're really struggling.

That applies to literally everyone in the league, we're hopeless at the back. That said, Hill has been an unexpected god send this season

2 minutes ago, St00ble said:

That applies to literally everyone in the league, we're hopeless at the back. That said, Hill has been an unexpected god send this season

Yep. The fact Rangers are doing relatively well this season sums up how utterly honking the league is.

Archived