Lions Watch 2017

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Highlanders game should have been done after Seymour's try too.
Any team with the Ioanes, Milner-Skudder and MacKenzie is never out of a game.

Ball just isn't getting to them though....and that's probably that as itoje goes over.

For the MAB first try just after North fucked up, it looked to me that the MAB guy didn't really get control of the ball, he just kinda jumped at it. What's the rule there? Sorry I'm a bit of a novice...

Downwards pressure on the ball is enough. So long as he didn't knock it forward, he only has to touch the ball for it to be a try.

So bad to watch.

Weather is a factor but lack of ambition is the real issue. Oz Scotland looks like a 7s match compared to this. Lions are using right tactics to beat Maori but don't see how this will get them close to nz. Should be looking to be more ambitious and think about the tests here.

Do most folk in here want the lions to win or get hammered?

Just wondering. I'm not a rugby man but I always realty liked the dynamic of the lions. This thread seems very different.

I still want the Lions to win but Gatland is an absolute twat and this is probably the least I've cared about a Lions tour. Felt good seeing Scotland beat the Aussies, I guess we've got Gatland to thank for that...

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Just wondering. I'm not a rugby man but I always realty liked the dynamic of the lions. This thread seems very different.

Get them scudded. Supposed to be an all-star select team but they play the most horrid unattractive rugby imaginable.

Think most are pissed off with gatlands selections and the way he plays the game. Nz is toughest place to tour and his selections have been bizarre. He's been pretty arrogant at times gatland and a lot of people who would naturally support the lions feel pretty alienated. Similar thing happened in early 80s when lions picked on nepotism n reputation rather than for and were rinsed by nz. The contrast between the Scottish tour n lions is striking. Lots of bad feeling from fans of all 4 unions about gatland n a turgid style of play. Scotland playing dynamic stuff and hogg even though he's injured travelling to support them shows a tightly bonded group

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Ach, I think the fact so many Scots were left out at the expense of under performing Welsh and Irish players has left a bitter taste in the mouth. It's the same for the English as well to be fair, though a lot of their players simply couldn't be ignored. It does feel like the Scots have been very unfairly marginalised on this tour. It was interesting that when Hogg's tour was over he was straight over to Australia to rejoin Scotland, rather than stick around in NZ.

I still want the Lions to win but Gatland is an absolute twat and this is probably the least I've cared about a Lions tour. Felt good seeing Scotland beat the Aussies, I guess we've got Gatland to thank for that...

This. The fact that the team is all over the shop is one thing, but Gatland is a coach of turgid rugby.

I want them to win. I wouldn't say that opinion has unanimous backing in this thread

I've found treatment of Scottish guys pretty poor. Gatland threw a huff after toony decided being Scotland coach was more important than carrying the cones. Gatland even booted out doc Robson who has been lions doc since 80s.

Archived