West reconstruction Central League teams perspective

santheman

I still dont see why they just cant make it 4 leagues of 16 .3 up 3 down.its simple if u neeed to travel to central or ayrshire .thats football.the last time clubs were moaning about travel mostly ayrshire ones.but if they got into super league they would still have to travel anyways .

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, drs said:

I started it and I just deleted it, the thread had clearly run its course as the talk of reconstruction was long gone and the usual suspects diverted it down the path of floodlights and fixture lists instead of the important point of changing the league structure.

25 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

That a shame, there was some good discussion on there and after the brief mud flinging over the weekend, it had turned back to re-construction.  Pity you've decided it needed deleting, I wasn't even aware you could do that.

Agreed. The thread could've been locked but left there, and this new one started

1 hour ago, cotter said:

I still dont see why they just cant make it 4 leagues of 16 .3 up 3 down.its simple if u neeed to travel to central or ayrshire .thats football.the last time clubs were moaning about travel mostly ayrshire ones.but if they got into super league they would still have to travel anyways .

Agree with this structure but why not try something more radical with promotion/relegation. How about four up and four down plus a play off between 5th bottom and 5th top. Upside is more teams with something to play for plus you will never be stuck playing same teams each season. Downside is fear factor leading to negative football. 

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 17:56, Hillonearth said:

To be honest, apart from travelling to a handful of outlying teams (Kello, Craigmark, maybe Maybole) there wouldn't be that much of a difference - the Central Second for example covers an area from Port Glasgow and Vale of Leven in the west to Dunipace in the east, which can't be a kick in the arse off 50 miles and nobody seems to bat an eyelid about the distance.

The only change proposed is that some of the travel will be on a north-south axis rather than the current prevalent east-west one. You'd get to the likes of Muirkirk from say Newmains quicker than you would get to Inverclyde...motorway a lot of the way, and you don't have the hassle of going through Glasgow.

It's just the fact of things changing that some find challenging rather than the scale of the changes proposed.

Exactly, it's not just the distance, it's the route.  Thorniewood is about the same distance for us as Irvine but I know what one I'd prefer for a 6.45pm ko on a Monday night.

Maybe we need to get away from classing teams as Ayrshire and Glasgow/Lanarkshire and start thinking in terms of West of Scotland teams.

As previous posters have said there are already big distances involved so the revamped leagues wouldn't be creating a situation thats not already there.

An idea might be just to put the 32 teams into a hat and draw them out,  that way you get a random mix otherwise you could end up with one extremely strong league and a much weaker one, then again a random draw might throw that up anyway.

If you're going to have two parallel divisions at the same level then, in my opinion, there needs to be a geographical split without fixed divisional boundaries. If the divisions are to have equal teams in each, then there needs to be some flexibility in geography, otherwise you'll end up with significantly different number of teams in each feeder division, as in the Central and Ayrshire districts at the moment. You could solve this by having unequal relegation, but I think the fairest is to switch clubs in the middle geographically between divisions if necessary each year in something like West Region Northwest/Southeast divisions, or whatever best fits the spread of third tier clubs. There's already longish distances involved and I don't think this would significantly change much.

Agree, Ayrshire and Central are long gone. As already stated my preference is 4 leagues of 16, 2 up 2 down and 3rd top -and 3rd bottom play off for next place. a bit more stable than 4 up and down.

A fixture list for the season, clubs with a bit of travel can be arranged for Saturdays at beginning and end of season and local derbies(?) mid week when light is available.
Fixed dates for Scottish AND West Cups then Postponements fitted to suit (i.e. if both teams out of the cups).

There should be no Ayrshire or Central leagues there is no Ayrshire or Central association. Its quite possible for Muirkirk to gain promotion to Super 1st next season but not possible for Newmains to gain promotion to Super 1st next season. Central clubs with 2 divisions and twice number of clubs are at a disadvantage to Ayrshire clubs. Any Central club that votes against the proposals are off their trolley.

12 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

There should be no Ayrshire or Central leagues there is no Ayrshire or Central association. Its quite possible for Muirkirk to gain promotion to Super 1st next season but not possible for Newmains to gain promotion to Super 1st next season. Central clubs with 2 divisions and twice number of clubs are at a disadvantage to Ayrshire clubs. Any Central club that votes against the proposals are off their trolley.

With 16 team leagues then each club is getting 30 league games. Add in Scottish and West Cups, that's minimum 32. Throw another league cup in there and that's an absolute minimum of 33 matches. 15 are guaranteed to be home fixtures for which a fixture list can be issued.

I like this idea of.. 2017/2018 competing towards change in 2018/2019

Super Prem 

Super Champ

League One - Current Central First plus Top Six of Ayrshire

League Two - Current Central Second plus Bottom Six of Ayrshire

Obviously with relegation and promotion alter for first season to help with league numbers.

2 relegations from each league and 2 play off spots (up and down) from each league

Bumping two teams up the way from the 'League' to the 'Supers' would even out the numbers competing

Super Premier League

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy F.C.
Glenafton Athletic F.C.
Cumnock Juniors F.C.
Arthurlie F.C.
Pollok F.C.
Auchinleck Talbot F.C.
Beith Juniors F.C.
Kilbirnie Ladeside F.C.
Hurlford United F.C.
Troon F.C.
Largs Thistle F.C.
Kilwinning Rangers
F.C.

Super Championship

Shettleston FC

Kilsyth Rangers FC

Clydebank FC
Petershill FC
Girvan FC
Irvine Meadow XI F.C.
Renfrew F.C.
Rutherglen Glencairn F.C.
Yoker Athletic F.C.
Cumbernauld United F.C.
Shotts Bon Accord F.C.
Blantyre Victoria F.C.
Maryhill F.C.
Irvine Victoria F.C.

West League One

Ardrossan Winton Rovers F.C.
Whitletts Victoria F.C.
Kello Rovers F.C.
Dalry Thistle F.C.
Darvel Juniors F.C.
Annbank United F.C.
Cambuslang Rangers F.C.
St. Roch's F.C.
Larkhall Thistle F.C.
Wishaw Juniors F.C.
Rossvale JFC
Benburb F.C.
Vale of Clyde F.C.
Neilston Juniors F.C.
Thorniewood United F.C.
Greenock Juniors F.C.
Lesmahagow Juniors F.C.
Bellshill Athletic F.C.
Forth Wanderers F.C.
Johnstone Burgh F.C.

West League Two

Glasgow Perthshire F.C.
Port Glasgow Juniors F.C.
Lanark United F.C.
Carluke Rovers F.C.
Vale of Leven F.C.
Gartcairn F.C.
St. Anthony's F.C.
Dunipace F.C.
East Kilbride Thistle F.C.
Royal Albert F.C.
Ashfield F.C.
Newmains United Comm FC
Maybole Juniors F.C.
Ardeer Thistle F.C.
Craigmark Burntonians F.C.
Saltcoats Victoria F.C.
Lugar Boswell Thistle F.C.
Muirkirk Juniors F.C.

Hold

22 hours ago, kevinmuirhead said:

I like this idea of.. 2017/2018 competing towards change in 2018/2019

Super Prem 

Super Champ

League One - Current Central First plus Top Six of Ayrshire

League Two - Current Central Second plus Bottom Six of Ayrshire

Obviously with relegation and promotion alter for first season to help with league numbers.

2 relegations from each league and 2 play off spots (up and down) from each league

Bumping two teams up the way from the 'League' to the 'Supers' would even out the numbers competing

Super Premier League

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy F.C.
Glenafton Athletic F.C.
Cumnock Juniors F.C.
Arthurlie F.C.
Pollok F.C.
Auchinleck Talbot F.C.
Beith Juniors F.C.
Kilbirnie Ladeside F.C.
Hurlford United F.C.
Troon F.C.
Largs Thistle F.C.
Kilwinning Rangers
F.C.

Super Championship

Shettleston FC

Kilsyth Rangers FC

Clydebank FC
Petershill FC
Girvan FC
Irvine Meadow XI F.C.
Renfrew F.C.
Rutherglen Glencairn F.C.
Yoker Athletic F.C.
Cumbernauld United F.C.
Shotts Bon Accord F.C.
Blantyre Victoria F.C.
Maryhill F.C.
Irvine Victoria F.C.

West League One

Ardrossan Winton Rovers F.C.
Whitletts Victoria F.C.
Kello Rovers F.C.
Dalry Thistle F.C.
Darvel Juniors F.C.
Annbank United F.C.
Cambuslang Rangers F.C.
St. Roch's F.C.
Larkhall Thistle F.C.
Wishaw Juniors F.C.
Rossvale JFC
Benburb F.C.
Vale of Clyde F.C.
Neilston Juniors F.C.
Thorniewood United F.C.
Greenock Juniors F.C.
Lesmahagow Juniors F.C.
Bellshill Athletic F.C.
Forth Wanderers F.C.
Johnstone Burgh F.C.

West League Two

Glasgow Perthshire F.C.
Port Glasgow Juniors F.C.
Lanark United F.C.
Carluke Rovers F.C.
Vale of Leven F.C.
Gartcairn F.C.
St. Anthony's F.C.
Dunipace F.C.
East Kilbride Thistle F.C.
Royal Albert F.C.
Ashfield F.C.
Newmains United Comm FC
Maybole Juniors F.C.
Ardeer Thistle F.C.
Craigmark Burntonians F.C.
Saltcoats Victoria F.C.
Lugar Boswell Thistle F.C.
Muirkirk Juniors F.C.

Am I understanding that in the 1st season then you'd have

West Premier playing 22 League games

West "Championship" ( hate that phrase - we should go back to numbers :) ) - playing 26 league game

West League 1 playing 38 league games

West League 2 playing 34 league games ??

That's not feasible. You'd need to do a restructure at the one time to give all the leagues a reasonable number of league games. You'd end up with West 1 teams playing 8 games a week ( don't give anyone any ideas ). 4 x 16 leagues - with relegation suspended for a year is really the only way to go here - and it's a smashin idea. If you mean just to illustrate the teams who'd be playing in what league and advocating say 1st 4 in your "Championship" list being in Super Premier then I'm with you

Your final paragraph is exactly what I meant Bill. Just wanted to show how Ayrshire and central would combine with not a lot of change up the ladder. Also was kind of what I meant with 2 team moving up from the Leagues to champs to help balance numbers essentially 4x 16 is perfect, scrap a cup and play 30 games, 2 up 2 down and 2 from each division play off 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived