Best/Worst chant heard at your ground?

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 09:40, (._.) said:

What? 

Grown men singing 'beauty and the beast' theme? 

This is a fucking whoosh, right? 

If your teams ever played CelGers you will have heard grown men singing far worse.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst one that I've heard in recent times was at Old Trafford a couple of weeks ago where they incessantly sang Herman's Hermits "I'm Into Something Good". It was honestly like f*cking Chinese water torture, that stupid f*cking accent singing "oh yeeaaah".

As you can see, it still riles me.

1 hour ago, Marmite0nBrown said:

Exactly my point!!  Wheres the creativity gone? If you want the rest to join in and create an atmosphere then the ''Shouters''(Singers is pushing it) need to be creative. One group of fans originally imitating a Pop song is one, but for the entire UK fan-base to copy it regardless to how shit it is ??? Only the diminishing tone deaf few bother or are to thick to realise that what they're singing isn't any good.. 

I've had long conversations with @Stellaboz about exactly this. There is no originality at all among fans, with most happy to just ape the most recent trend (mind when all the wankers did that 'Ring of Fire' pish?). Recently we've had the 'Allez allez ou' and the 'Don't take me home' trends. Some of our fans even filmed themselves doing 'Twist and Shout' in a supermarket and tried to claim they were singing it long before the Motherwell fans (and they got it from somewhere as well).

'Twist and Shout' in a supermarket and tried to claim they were singing it long before the Motherwell fans (and they got it from somewhere as well).

We've been singing Twist and Shout since I first started going to the Albion games, a good 13/14 years ago. Ours has our own wee twist though.

Anyway, at a Scotland vs Belgium under 21 game at East End Park (must have been 2002 I think), I heard someone singing, to the tune of Queen's 'We Will Rock You', "We will, we will SCOT you!".

Quite possibly the worst thing I've ever heard. Ever. I screamed curses at the sky for having working auditory equipment.

Anyway, at a Scotland vs Belgium under 21 game at East End Park (must have been 2002 I think), I heard someone singing, to the tune of Queen's 'We Will Rock You', "We will, we will SCOT you!".
Quite possibly the worst thing I've ever heard. Ever. I screamed curses at the sky for having working auditory equipment.

You told me this was you!

Also I noticed a Scooter song catching on. It was at the Hamilton Cup game at home, then I heard Celtic singing to it the otherday on the radio. Sakes.

On 05/03/2017 at 12:12, Marmite0nBrown said:

Do they meet up in the during the week to create new original stuff anymore getting pissed with like minded supporters is the best placed to be creative? 

This actually happened? I can't imagine asking my friends, let alone "like minded" supporters to come to the pub on Wednesday; we'll get pished and invent some new Killie songs.

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

You told me this was you!

Also I noticed a Scooter song catching on. It was at the Hamilton Cup game at home, then I heard Celtic singing to it the otherday on the radio. Sakes.

Shit, I forgot that I told you that.

Yes, fine, it was me. I live with the shame each day.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Shit, I forgot that I told you that.

Yes, fine, it was me. I live with the shame each day.

Had to dot you. I gave you a greenie for the horrid chant 

But seeing as it was you, I'm taking it back

2 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Had to dot you. I gave you a greenie for the horrid chant 

But seeing as it was you, I'm taking it back

What's wrong with me? I'm a delight

On 05/03/2017 at 08:51, bad chad said:

During the terraced years at Firhill, there used to be a Well supporter the spitting image of Eric Cullen (wee burney from Rab C), so the song was...

Wee Burney

Wee Burney

Wee Burney's shot his load

When you hear the noise of primary school boys

Wee Burney's shot his load

Cue the guy losing his $hit and getting huckled. 

Another We'll fan was a real ugly so and so, and got several choruses of the Beauty And The Beast theme song - Cue losing even more $hit.

Getting 2 guys thrown out at the same game with different songs - those were the days...

Was at a Hearts game years ago when there were various allegations relating to Eric Cullen and a Swedish born former Scotland Captain.

The chant that was repeated for about 70% of the game was 'Richard sleeps with Burney'.

Quiet liked the one I heard when out in Australia at an A-league game (aye is was pish)

“Who’s your father, who’s your father, who’s your father referee

You haven’t got one you’re a b*stard, you’re a b*****d referee”

I've had long conversations with [mention=27442]Stellaboz[/mention] about exactly this. There is no originality at all among fans, with most happy to just ape the most recent trend (mind when all the wankers did that 'Ring of Fire' pish?). Recently we've had the 'Allez allez ou' and the 'Don't take me home' trends. Some of our fans even filmed themselves doing 'Twist and Shout' in a supermarket and tried to claim they were singing it long before the Motherwell fans (and they got it from somewhere as well).

I remember blokes singing along to it in Charlie D's when they first started getting someone in to sing just after admin, however no one to my recollection ever done it during a game, it was only after Motherwell done it at Ibrox that people tried to jump on the bandwagon.

I remember blokes singing along to it in Charlie D's when they first started getting someone in to sing just after admin, however no one to my recollection ever done it during a game, it was only after Motherwell done it at Ibrox that people tried to jump on the bandwagon.

It started at Coventry I think. There's a video somewhere of middle aged men trying far too hard. I also heard it was constantly sung on the Scotland trip to Ireland. Again, too many tragics apparently.

5 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Was at a Hearts game years ago when there were various allegations relating to Eric Cullen and a Swedish born former Scotland Captain.

The chant that was repeated for about 70% of the game was 'Richard sleeps with Burney'.

Might have been me as well, though the lyrics were 'Richard Gough shags wee Burney'.

Archived