Best/Worst chant heard at your ground?

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

You've also seemingly got a mentalist in the bottom part of the RG stand who sings to himself. A bit like someone who does this at Montrose games, they might be related.

Mad Hamish. Encountered him at Mo v WW in the Scottish Cup, back about 2011 or so.  If there isn't a thread about him somewhere there really should be. 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, I'd always say it was a Scotland song, but I'm not naive enough to seriously think that it's a TA original.

The only one I can be sure of is the Niall McGinn He Plays On The Left one, because I saw the post on Aberdeen Mad suggesting it. We sung it at the Shed that week, and it caught on.

Rangers fans used to sing "he's saves to the left, he saves to the right" about Allan McGregor. He didn't make Ronaldo look shite though.

I always loved the Well Bois version of the Stone Roses' "Made of Stone" when qualifying for Europe. Precious memories.

A few additional ones from Fir Park were:

"Nakamura ate my dog, e i, e i o"
General chants of "Broooooaaaaadfooooot, Broooooaaaaadfooooot"

I also remember a belter from the Killie fans, singing:

"Eremenko is a Finn,
Is a Finn,
Is a Finn,
Eremenko is a Finn,
He hates Rangers"

[emoji23]

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 12:32, Marmite0nBrown said:

Exactly my point!!  Wheres the creativity gone? If you want the rest to join in and create an atmosphere then the ''Shouters''(Singers is pushing it) need to be creative. One group of fans originally imitating a Pop song is one, but for the entire UK fan-base to copy it regardless to how shit it is ??? Only the diminishing tone deaf few bother or are to thick to realise that what they're singing isn't any good.. 

Never in my life have I known so many attend ''Performing Art College'' Or ''Media based studies'' one I know studied TV!!!!!! in Uni. Yet TV & Music has never been so shit. When these courses and Colleges hardly existed and few ever went to Uni TV, Music and the Songs were better and at Grounds were more Club specific. 

It's no wonder bands are reforming and UK Gold's so popular it's due to the new lot being so shit. They make a killing due to the void(The BBC used to get slammed for showing repeats. Dads Army & Father Ted are on a continuous repeated loop and is welcomed). When did a good Sitcom last get released? When did a new Band on it's own fill Wembley, Hampden & The Millennium Stadium all on one tour? And why do SKY Arts repeat Queen & Led Zep concerts? It's because they were great unique entertainers. Even Darts & Snooker players entertained in the past.

This post is a fucking travesty and you should be in a home you useless old w**k.

On 07/03/2017 at 13:22, KingBeastie said:

People singing this "We've got [insert name], super [insert name], I just don't think you understand..."
To the tune of Achy Breaky Heart does my head in.
It's a f**kin Billy Ray Cyrus song FFS!
Billy Ray pi$$ing Cyrus - and people sing this $hit!

And it's not original either, I think Spurs or some other english team started it.

Truly awful chant.

DON'T SELL MCGINN 

Archived