Wrestlemania 33

gallusguy

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dirtsheets are reporting 10 matches that are confirmed, with 2 unconfirmed but likely to be added (HHH vs Rollins, Styles vs Shane).  Can't imagine we'll see any more added, although I would've thought we'd get Corbin vs Ambrose.  If not, that's still 12 matches over 5 hours (presume the first hour of the pre-show will be just interminable chat).  

If we're doing a prediction game, show length should absolutely be part of it.  I think we'll go about 30 mins long, not quite as bad as last year, but still pretty long.

5 hours ago, forameus said:

Dirtsheets are reporting 10 matches that are confirmed, with 2 unconfirmed but likely to be added (HHH vs Rollins, Styles vs Shane).  Can't imagine we'll see any more added, although I would've thought we'd get Corbin vs Ambrose.  If not, that's still 12 matches over 5 hours (presume the first hour of the pre-show will be just interminable chat).  

If we're doing a prediction game, show length should absolutely be part of it.  I think we'll go about 30 mins long, not quite as bad as last year, but still pretty long.

I'll definitely include that for you.

Do we know what is actually main eventing yet? As in the last match?

If it's not Goldberg vs Lesnar there's something far wrong.

I'm genuinely getting the fear that they're gonna have Reigns go over Taker.

The only way - And it's dreadful booking - that I could accept him winning is if Kane interferes and it starts a build up between Taker and Kane for Takers last ever match at next year's Mania with them making Kane look like a monster throughout the year and it being both guys final match.

That is just pure nostalgia though and woeful booking - therefore there's no circumstances in which I want to see Reigns win.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

If it's not Goldberg vs Lesnar there's something far wrong.

I'm genuinely getting the fear that they're gonna have Reigns go over Taker.

The only way - And it's dreadful booking - that I could accept him winning is if Kane interferes and it starts a build up between Taker and Kane for Takers last ever match at next year's Mania with them making Kane look like a monster throughout the year and it being both guys final match.

That is just pure nostalgia though and woeful booking - therefore there's no circumstances in which I want to see Reigns win.

Lesnar/Goldberg has to be main event. Goldberg probably wouldn't have signed on for less.

Kane is done as a force and him vs Taker would be a disgustingly shit end for Taker. Kane going over anyone of note to 'build him' would be an appalling travesty.

I can't see what the point of Taker beating Reigns would be, so pretty certain Reigns will get the win. It's how they treat it that will matter though. If he turns heel and becomes a vicious b*****d and cheats to beat Taker then that would be good. Reigns winning and being 'endorsed' by Taker would be horrible and massively shat on by most folk.

Lesnar/Goldberg has to be main event. Goldberg probably wouldn't have signed on for less.
Kane is done as a force and him vs Taker would be a disgustingly shit end for Taker. Kane going over anyone of note to 'build him' would be an appalling travesty.
I can't see what the point of Taker beating Reigns would be, so pretty certain Reigns will get the win. It's how they treat it that will matter though. If he turns heel and becomes a vicious b*****d and cheats to beat Taker then that would be good. Reigns winning and being 'endorsed' by Taker would be horrible and massively shat on by most folk.

I don't disagree - as I said it'd be a shit match but it'd be a fitting end to both careers in terms of the spectacle. I do think that even a 'spent force' can have one last meaningful storyline though and I think it's something both guys would want.

And having Kane chokeslam a few people over the course of a year - doesn't have to be matches would be far from a travesty. It's a non starter but it's the only case I'd accept Roman winning in.

The point in Taker winning is that his record shouldn't be tarnished further IMO. Reigns is hated already and probably the most hated star in the company and doesn't need to beat Taker to be the biggest heel in the company. It'd be a travesty if he beat Taker because it's not like it's his last Mania as that'd be announced well in advance due to the money making potential it'd have.

Taker's last match has to be against either Cena or Styles. Both of them could get a good match out of me.

Styles vs Taker would be sensational. He's good enough to carry a Taker not on form/past it but if he can raise his game for what he'd know is his last ever match then it could be up there with some of both guys finest work.

Plenty of potential to tell a real story like Taker's matches against HHH and Michaels did.

Cena would be a massive event but it'd disappoint. Cena consistently puts in great performances but I feel he's not as good a storyteller in the ring and he did struggle to carry the two matches with the rock hence why I'd give Styles the nod.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Styles vs Taker would be sensational. He's good enough to carry a Taker not on form/past it but if he can raise his game for what he'd know is his last ever match then it could be up there with some of both guys finest work.

Plenty of potential to tell a real story like Taker's matches against HHH and Michaels did.

Cena would be a massive event but it'd disappoint. Cena consistently puts in great performances but I feel he's not as good a storyteller in the ring and he did struggle to carry the two matches with the rock hence why I'd give Styles the nod.

Yeah, there's more money on Cena/Taker but Styles and him would certainly be the better match.

Reigns really should beat  taker. I like roman fine, he's coming across better on the Mic, he's not getting castrated by Steph as much any more. He's good in the ring. Right now he's a heel to most hardcore fans anyway and is popular with casuals, he gets a mixed reaction everywhere. It's better be gets booed & cheered than ignored, so I think they'll carry on in this path. Reigns winning and taker telling us that "it's your yard now roman" would really make everyone lose their shit. That would be amazing.

Archived