Dunfermline Athletic -vs- Dumbarton

I wouldn't have called it a head butt but more a coming together of heads. Like two guys squaring up together. Carswell was the first to raise his hands so they've both been as bad as each other.

Fair enough. I've just been going by what's been said on here and on Twitter.

If that's the case the two of them should be paraded to the top of the muncipal buildings so we can all throw fermented shite at the pair of them.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, sons'r'us said:

I must admit I didn't fancy us much today either. Especially all that dodgy chat from squeezebox about us been as good as pars so we had as good a chance as them to get a result.

I never said we are as good as them. What I said was we had been playing well recently and they had no more points in the table so shouldn't fear anything going into the match. As it was, we didn't turn up and we're a bit of a circus today.

30 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

How Thommo starts, and lasts 90 minutes every week, whilst we have a winger on the bench is beyond me.

The defence is a shambles. Barr has been beyond woeful. The midfield non existant. The striker(s) providing zero movement.

An absolute comedy performance from start to finish and any confidence we had built up has been rapidly drained from the squad.

Thought Thommo was our best player today. Looked most interested and offered more than anyone else. He was far from perfect though.

Darren Barr can't be singled out of the defense. Bucky was as much to blame for Nicky Clark scoring the same goal 3 times and David Smith had his worst game since he has been at RB. Harvie played okay, but had it tough up against Higginbotham.

As for the 'headbutt'. It was more handbags they both shoved each other and their heads came together. Sparky lost it a bit but Carswell wasn't an innocent party in it. More seems to being made of it than necessary.

The fans booing Sparky every time he touched the ball was daft too. Not really going to help the matter.

Hmmm....Where to start with that.

An utter, utter shambles from the first whistle to the last. I spoke about the Carswell/Docherty incident when it happened, but that just summed things up. Going to be interesting to see how Stevie manages it.

Div was exposed horribly in the first half with Thomson posted missing, and the same in the second where we didn't seem to fancy playing with any wingers.

Thomson then. Quite what Jim Duffy sees in him I'll never know. He's been brutal for weeks, no months now, yet gets a full 90 every week. I heard a guy at the end shouting praise at him "for trying". That's the absolute minimum I expect from a player. I'd go out there and give my all - I'd just be terrified every time the ball came to me, and that's how Thomson looks. Get him on the bench and give SeaGal a shot. He cannot be any worse.

Speaking of worse, Darren Barr summed up exactly what BigMac and myself said earlier this week. Laughable from him. He came charging out of position time and again leaving Buchanan exposed, did absolutely no organising and planted the ball into the stand a stupid number of times. Get him dropped. I don't care if he's the captain, he's been a major weak link this season.

I've no idea what we did in the second half. Nobody seemed to have a position and we were a cluttered mess. Players floating about aimlessly, contributing nothing.

Only two players for me deserve borderline pass marks. Aldo saved a couple of 1on1s to stop it becoming really embarrassing, and Buchanan did as well as could be expected alongside Barr who just caused damage everywhere he went. He still has to take his share of the blame for the free headers, but if he hadn't been playing it would've been even worse.

Just an absolutely terrible day for us. Big task now for Stevie to turn things around. A result like that can really cripple a team. Big changes and reaction needed next week.

Credit to Dunfermline though. They never, ever looked like losing that.

I wouldn't have called it a head butt but more a coming together of heads. Like two guys squaring up together. Carswell was the first to raise his hands so they've both been as bad as each other.

Trust me mate, Sparky properly pushed his head into Carswell's. The two of them squared up, pushed each other in the chest and then Sparky properly went into Carswell's head with a decent amount of force. I can deal with a wee bit of handbags, but the headbutt took things far too far.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Trust me mate, Sparky properly pushed his head into Carswell's. The two of them squared up, pushed each other in the chest and then Sparky properly went into Carswell's head with a decent amount of force. I can deal with a wee bit of handbags, but the headbutt took things far too far.

I'd say 'headbutt' is quite strong in describing it. Their heads were together and Sparky lowered his and pushed it forward. He hardly took a run and swing from distance.

I have agreed he lost it a bit but I would be hoping it can all be sorted out without any irrational decisions being made.

Thought Thommo was our best player today. Looked most interested and offered more than anyone else. He was far from perfect though.
Darren Barr can't be singled out of the defense. Bucky was as much to blame for Nicky Clark scoring the same goal 3 times and David Smith had his worst game since he has been at RB. Harvie played okay, but had it tough up against Higginbotham.
As for the 'headbutt'. It was more handbags they both shoved each other and their heads came together. Sparky lost it a bit but Carswell wasn't an innocent party in it. More seems to being made of it than necessary.
The fans booing Sparky every time he touched the ball was daft too. Not really going to help the matter.

Can't agree with this I'm afraid.

Smith was left horribly exposed from minute 1 to minute 90, no amount of tidy wee turns or flicks will make up for Thommo's inability to play as a winger. He wins some headers but that's about it. He can't cross, he can barely beat a man and his lack of protection for the full back is criminal. Add to that the fact he's an absolute shitebag who ducks and dives out of every single tackle or physical encounter. When we have Callum Gallagher on the bench it's truly baffling why we continue to play him out there.

Barr was horrendous. Zero denying it. Bucky was far from good but Barr was truly woeful. Much like last week he was the massive weak point in our defence.

I'll wont make a concrete judgement on the Doc incident but everything I've read so far points to Doc headbutting him. You don't get a bloody nose by simply going head to head with someone.

I'd say 'headbutt' is quite strong in describing it. Their heads were together and Sparky lowered his and pushed it forward. He hardly took a run and swing from distance.
I have agreed he lost it a bit but I would be hoping it can all be sorted out without any irrational decisions being made.

Aye, Zidane it wasn't, but it's still the type that would have seen a player sent off if he'd done it to an opponent.

In an ideal world Sparky and Carswell will shake hands. Stevie will dish out some harsh words, maybe a fine, and we'll move on.

Here's hoping

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Aye, Zidane it wasn't, but it's still the type that would have seen a player sent off if he'd done it to an opponent.

In an ideal world Sparky and Carswell will shake hands. Stevie will dish out some harsh words, maybe a fine, and we'll move on.

Here's hoping

Can't disagree with that. It would have been a sending off. As I say, he is at fault for making the movement forward towards Carswell so Sparky will have to at least make an apology and you'd expect some harsh words have been said at HT and FT.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Can't agree with this I'm afraid.

Smith was left horribly exposed from minute 1 to minute 90, no amount of tidy wee turns or flicks will make up for Thommo's inability to play as a winger. He wins some headers but that's about it. He can't cross, he can barely beat a man and his lack of protection for the full back is criminal. Add to that the fact he's an absolute shitebag who ducks and dives out of every single tackle or physical encounter. When we have Callum Gallagher on the bench it's truly baffling why we continue to play him out there.

Barr was horrendous. Zero denying it. Bucky was far from good but Barr was truly woeful. Much like last week he was the massive weak point in our defence.

I'll wont make a concrete judgement on the Doc incident but everything I've read so far points to Doc headbutting him. You don't get a bloody nose by simply going head to head with someone.

I would agree in the lead up to this match that Thommo was needing dropped. I don't rate him that highly and he certainly shouldn't be playing on the wing. But on the balance of what I seen today he looked our best player (IMO).

Also worth noting how useless Nade has been the last 3 weeks... Looks lazy, disinterested and to an extent still far too unfit. Frustrating as he started so well and was offering us so much beforehand.

I love Docherty's passion and commitment but he's a carnapcious wee gobshite at times. Wee man syndrome to the fore.

Unfortunately, it's not the first time he's done it. I remember him having to be separated from Buchanan last season after he ladled into him for a conceded goal.

He also had a real go at Ryan Stevenson last year. Stevenson has came on as sub and got us a valuable draw with a superb 10-15 minute display. Is confidence was high so he had a go with a free kick in the last minute. Sparky went ballistic at him for 'wasting' the chance. I remember Stevenson going bananas back at him. Stevenson stormed up the tunnel at full time without shaking anyone's hand!

Whether it's a teammate or an opponent, violent conduct is a red card. If the officials had seen what happened today, he would have been sent off. Can't believe your manager would keep a player on the pitch, that had head butted a teammate?!

On 2/26/2017 at 20:01, TheMessiah said:

:lol:

Should bury these no-marks tbh, can see us making it difficult but can't see us losing.

Next few games we should be 5+ points clear of the wee team.

giphy.gif

On 2/26/2017 at 21:22, The Moonster said:

I funnily enough wouldn't be surprised to see a 2-2 draw. I also wouldn't be surprised to see us horsed, we've not been pumped on the road in a while.

Andy Stirling and Vaughan were excellent on Saturday and we'll need them in form again to take something. As said on our own thread it's a shame we can't fit Stanton in too, without dropping Nade or movin Stanton wide (which we don't want) one of Vaughan and Stanton needs to stay on the bench. 

I don't fear anyone in this league though, if we play as well as we can there's no reason we can't take something.

Should've feared Nicky Clark tbh

33w7btg.gif

On 2/27/2017 at 10:15, Silverton End said:

Brimming with confidence for this match. Goalfest predicted.

3-2 Sons

33w7btg.gif

On 3/2/2017 at 11:26, squeezeboxson said:

Why should you win? Why would anyone expect it to be easy?

Because it was.

33w7btg.gif

On 3/2/2017 at 11:41, squeezeboxson said:

The current table would suggest that we have both been worth exactly the same points with Dunfermline only edging it in being 3 goals better off. I'd say a draw was the most likely.

Also, given you haven't won a league game since 7th Jan, why are you really that confident?

We were that confident because you're shite and it was easy.

33w7btg.gif

On 3/2/2017 at 21:08, TheMessiah said:

A loss in this game would be disastrous, Dumbarton are shite.

giphy.gif

On 3/3/2017 at 14:27, pleslie99 said:

Can't wait to see the Dunfermline fans seethe if we win tomorrow!

33w7btg.gif

@Hawk, get it up you ya fanny.

Whether it's a teammate or an opponent, violent conduct is a red card. If the officials had seen what happened today, he would have been sent off. Can't believe your manager would keep a player on the pitch, that had head butted a teammate?!

Aye, I said that earlier on. I was more meaning that Carswell would've hit the deck had he been a Pars player and got Sparky sent off.

1 minute ago, squeezeboxson said:

Very worthwhile post IMO...

Back in your box.

giphy.gif

Archived