Clyde v Forfar

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can't we just allow away fans to sit wherever they like? There's rarely more than 50-100 of them in this pish league so I don't see there being a problem. 

Unless they sit in my seat in which case I'll sit behind them and silently seethe. 

43 minutes ago, David W said:

Foul mouths across the stand. Kevin Kyle on radio last week said he left the Ayr game with his wee boy at half time as it was so bad. Not what we want put out on national radio, even if it might well have been the Ayr fans.

I don't get it myself and the rubbish about "it's football" is just that, rubbish. What possesses adults to shout that sort of abuse at other adults is beyond me.

Except it isn't rubbish. Swearing at football is nothing new. I'd say the abuse of rival teams and supporters is, for better or worse, part of the culture of the game and it aint going to change anytime soon. Personally, I don't have a problem with it but can understand why parents would be concerned about exposing their kids to it on a regular basis.

Lots of clubs have a 'family section' in their stadia to provide a more sanitised environment for supporters with children and/or those who are sensitive to swearing. I think it's a good compromise and something we should definitely do. Not half arsed though - we'd need to very clearly define where the area is (using segregation tape perhaps?) and heavily publicise its existence. Hell, we might even encourage new, more family orientated supporters if we did this.

It would also tie in my with my other suggestion of allowing away fans to sit where they like and provide any sensitive away fans with a safe area.

Why can't we just allow away fans to sit wherever they like? There's rarely more than 50-100 of them in this pish league so I don't see there being a problem. 
Unless they sit in my seat in which case I'll sit behind them and silently seethe. 

Against Annan there was no segregation and it worked fine. Against Arbroath the stewards told the away fans to sit up the back right of the stand in amongst the young lads and it caused a bit of bother resulting in segregation.

It is fairly new and it's obvious it needs to be tweaked a bit to keep everyone happy.

Swearing and chants that contain foul language is part and parcel of football as far as I am concerned. Its perfectly understandable that parents with young kids won't want to sit right next to that so they should have the option of sitting elsewhere regardless if they are home or away fans.

The club has been doing a lot of good stuff in the community. There is a bike event down at Broadwood today which is aimed at wee kids so am sure they'll be keen to sort out this issue.

I just watched the highlights, DD's and Big Jim's goals were splendid. As for Foxy, what a legend, I would've expected Big Malcs to have taken over goalkeeping duties since we couldn't bring on Jason but Martyn did so well, what a man he is.

I just watched the highlights, DD's and Big Jim's goals were splendid. As for Foxy, what a legend, I would've expected Big Malcs to have taken over goalkeeping duties since we couldn't bring on Jason but Martyn did so well, what a man he is.

Looked like Malcs was ready to take the gloves initially but some instructions came from the bench and Foxy stepped up.

50 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Against Annan there was no segregation and it worked fine. Against Arbroath the stewards told the away fans to sit up the back right of the stand in amongst the young lads and it caused a bit of bother resulting in segregation.

Indeed, the only time it's been a problem is the aforementioned Arbroath game, yesterday and I believe there were a few exchanges on Tuesday night. Common denominator? Angus. These clowns simply can't be trusted to attend their day out without making an arse of themselves. #getthemmerged

Havin a great laugh all these Forfar fairies crying over a wee bit of abuse if you's can't handle gettin called "pasty shaggin bottens" football isn't your sport :lol: it's a football game that's what happens at big clubs, you's just wouldn't know.. I actually thought you's got it light considering we had a smaller support.

34 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Indeed, the only time it's been a problem is the aforementioned Arbroath game, yesterday and I believe there were a few exchanges on Tuesday night. Common denominator? Angus. These clowns simply can't be trusted to attend their day out without making an arse of themselves. #getthemmerged

Honestly mate. Get away to f**k. For everyone's sake.

9 minutes ago, Bridgeton Clyde Boy said:

Forfar's support :lol: :lol:

top of the league and can only manager to bring 13 fans to away games, not trying to be nasty but it's really embarrassing.. imagine if Clyde were in that position :rolleyes:

Funny i counted 80....but then again Tramadol and Valium is a shocking mix that effects the brain.....and you are not even close to being in our position. 

14 minutes ago, Bridgeton Clyde Boy said:

top of the league and can only manager to bring 13 fans to away games, not trying to be nasty but it's really embarrassing.. imagine if Clyde were in that position :rolleyes:

You need quite an imagination to picture that, unless you're looking at the who has the poorest gene pool league.

Archived