Scotland V Norway

Skyline Drifter

Guest Captain Sensible
There you go Cap, answer that one.  :rolleyes:

669155[/snapback]

er, to go back to your own initial argument - using statistics - Kenny Miller has only scored one goal this season (in a 5-1 home win over Chester). He has been booked more often this season than he has scored goals.

Therefore, to use your own statistically backed argument, he is not doing better this season than last.

Kenny Miller is no worse nor no better than he was last season.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kenny Miller is no worse nor no better than he was last season.

669866[/snapback]

Even though his manager, the fans who watch him every week, and the man himself says different, you still cling to that???

It's your opinion mate, but the evidence points to it being wrong. Sorry.

Even though his manager, the fans who watch him every week, and the man himself says different, you still cling to that???

Well let's talk about managers and fans. The Scotland manager said Kenny Miller was doing a great job for Scotland and that he'd let him down by not supporting him enough. Low and behold when he does Miller bangs the goals in. The majority of fans on this forum have either said the same as the manager all along or criticised Miller but have now eaten humble pie having been proven well and truly wrong.

It's YOUR opinion 'mate' and the evidence points to YOU being wrong.

that doesn't mean he was playing badly then (he wasn't)

669754[/snapback]

In your opinion ;)

I think he was very poor in the Italy game and very poor in Belarus. He would have struggled to trap a beach ball in a phone box.

Whether his improved form is down to Hoddle, himself, adjusting to international football, Smith's coaching getting through, McCoist etc etc, I dont see how anyone can suggest he played well in those games I mentioned, in my opinion!

Well let's talk about managers and fans.  The Scotland manager said Kenny Miller was doing a great job for Scotland and that he'd let him down by not supporting him enough.  Low and behold when he does Miller bangs the goals in.  The majority of fans on this forum have either said the same as the manager all along or criticised Miller but have now eaten humble pie having been proven well and truly wrong.

It's YOUR opinion 'mate' and the evidence points to YOU being wrong.

669938[/snapback]

You have absolutely no understanding of what we're discussing, do you??

Guest Captain Sensible

You can discount the comments of the manager and the player himself! Every new manager claims he's made all his players better and the players always say the new manager has made them better - then say the opposite when they leave! :lol:

And I haven't seen any evidence from Wolves fans - oh, of course, apart from your made up quote from a friend of a friend's mother's half sister's hamster. :lol:

669923[/snapback]

Yes, it is my opinion - and the evidence doesn't point to it being wrong. The evidence points to you being wrong. Sorry.

Guest Captain Sensible

For the first time ever, I actually agree with SPLw*nkw*nkw*nk on this thread..........

Folk like StewartMac slagged off Kenny Miller and wanted him dropped and now that he's scored 4 goals, to cover themselves, they claim he;s suddenly become a much better player overnight (although his goalscoring record for Wolves this season shows otherwise).

Folk like StewartMac slagged off Kenny Miller and wanted him dropped and now that he's scored 4 goals, to cover themselves, they claim he;s suddenly become a much better player overnight (although his goalscoring record for Wolves this season shows otherwise).

670016[/snapback]

It's nothing to do with 'covering myself'. Unlike your good self, I have no desire to keep myself on some faux P+B pedestal. I have my opinions and I stick by them. .

The facts are all there in black and white, yet you still continue to ignore them.

You can discount the comments of the manager and the player himself! Every new manager claims he's made all his players better and the players always say the new manager has made them better - then say the opposite when they leave!

Or in other words, 'you can discount these comments because they don't suit my argument.

Be a man and admit you're worng. :rolleyes:

Guest Captain Sensible
I have my opinions and I stick by them. .

Apart from when it comes to Kenny Miller obviously.............. :lol:

Unlike you, I don't wildly change my opinions the minute a striker scores a couple of goals! :lol:

The facts are all there in black and white, yet you still continue to ignore them.

Which facts? The facts that Kenny Miller has only scored once in 7 games for Wolves this season? Its YOU who appears to be ignoring that......... :rolleyes:

Or in other words, 'you can discount these comments because they don't suit my argument.

I've given explanation above.

I've just spoken to one of my mates at work who is a big Wolves fan and who has been at every Wolves games this season. He says that Kenny Miller is playing no better this season than last. :lol:

Be a man and admit you're worng.  :rolleyes:

670047[/snapback]

What's being a "man" got to do with anything? :blink:

I've just spoken to one of my mates at work who is a big Wolves fan and who has been at every Wolves games this season. He says that Kenny Miller is playing no better this season than last.  :lol:

Funny how this 'Wolves fan' wasn't around yesterday. :rolleyes:

It's really sad that you have to lie so blatantly just to try and win a debate. My inlvolvement in this discussion is therefore, over. It's all somewhat pointless anyway.

In your opinion ;)

I think he was very poor in the Italy game and very poor in Belarus. He would have struggled to trap a beach ball in a phone box.

Whether his improved form is down to Hoddle, himself, adjusting to international football, Smith's coaching getting through, McCoist etc etc, I dont see how anyone can suggest he played well in those games I mentioned, in my opinion!

669940[/snapback]

Exactly. In the games against italy and belarus his general play was poor. He also missed two sitters in those matches. His performances against austria, italy and norway beyond recognition and he scored goals aswell which suggests for some reason his game has improved at least at international level which is what is important to us.

In your opinion ;)

669940[/snapback]

Yes it is my opinion. I've never purported otherwise. I don't think he played badly in those games and in particular I thought he played well in Belarus. It just goes to show we don't all see the same game the same way. The point is Stewarty would have it that it is a FACT that Miller was poor when it isn't. There's as many people saying he was as wasn't on this thread and using stats to attempt to prove a case about it is pointless and laughable.

Well let's talk about managers and fans.  The Scotland manager said Kenny Miller was doing a great job for Scotland and that he'd let him down by not supporting him enough.  Low and behold when he does Miller bangs the goals in.  The majority of fans on this forum have either said the same as the manager all along or criticised Miller but have now eaten humble pie having been proven well and truly wrong.

669938[/snapback]

Your opinion seems to be that he has been playing well all along and we are just realising it now. IMO and the opinion of quite a few others he was poor before so was criticised and has now improved his performances greatly and now deserves to be praised.

I have my opinions and I stick by them. .

670047[/snapback]

And in two sentences there we have the entire crux of the matter. It's your OPINION and yet it's somehow a FACT.

And if it's the goalscoring stats you're calling facts then they actually go some way to disproving your case rather than proving it although they are irrelevant anyway if you ask me.

And in two sentences there we have the entire crux of the matter. It's your OPINION and yet it's somehow a FACT.

And if it's the goalscoring stats you're calling facts then they actually go some way to disproving your case rather than proving it although they are irrelevant anyway if you ask me.

670116[/snapback]

The facts I was referring to was a mixture of the stats and the written/oral testimonies from three separate parties.

Glenn Hoddle has said he has improved - FACT

Kenny Miller has said he has improved - FACT

Wolves fans have said he has improved - FACT

He scored 2 goals in 20 games for Scotland - FACT*

I think he is better than what he looked a few months ago - OPINION

You and the Cap think otherwise - OPINION

I would be inclined to believe the player, the manager, and the fans who watch him every week. In my opinion he has improved, and it's been backed up by the people who matter.

*Yes, I know that doesn't tell the whole story, but it's a fact nonetheless. Scoring 1 goal in 7 games for Wolves is also a FACT, I concede that, but I'd be surprised if he stays on that mark for very long.

Guest Captain Sensible
The facts I was referring to was a mixture of the stats and the written/oral testimonies from three separate parties.

Glenn Hoddle has said he has improved - FACT

Yes its a FACT that Hoddle has said he's a better player - but again, that's only his OPINION!

As explained as well - he's bound to claim the glory for Miller's Scotland's exploits!

Kenny Miller has said he has improved - FACT

Again, it may be a FACT that Miller said this - but again, its his OPINION!

Also, Miller is bound to say his new manager has made him a better player!

Wolves fans have said he has improved - FACT

Yes, its a FACT that you have come up with a quote from one Wolves fan who you have made up - but that is again, just an OPINION! Its also in no way representative of the whole Wolves support! :lol:

He scored 2 goals in 20 games for Scotland - FACT*

He has scored 1 goal in 7 games for Wolves this season - FACT

*Yes, I know that doesn't tell the whole story, but it's a fact nonetheless. Scoring 1 goal in 7 games for Wolves is also a FACT, I concede that, but I'd be surprised if he stays on that mark for very long.

670129[/snapback]

You could have said the same thing about his 2 goals in 20 games for Scotland! :lol:

And no doubt you'll be on here jumping up and down when Miller eventually does score again for Wolves saying how that proves yopu were right all along! :lol:

Also,

Wolves turned down a bid of £1.2m for Miller in the summer (even though he can sign for other cclubs in Jan for free) - based on last season's performances - FACT

A Premiership club tried to buy him in the summer based on last season's performances - FACT.

Any talk of whether Miller is or isn't a better player now compared with last season is purely personal opinion - FACT. :rolleyes:

Now be a man and admit you're wrong. :lol:

Archived