Berwick Rangers v Clyde

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Redcar said:

Actually, my error. We did do well in the 2nd half v Forfar (scored 2 and won), but the game our midfield really bossed in the 2nd half, was Elgin (but we failed to score, and lost!)

Well it's unlikely you'll fail to score tonight !

From what I saw on Saturday, our defence started off a nervous wreck - understandable with the way this season's been - but they grew into the game. Certainly plenty effort but still a lack of organisation at times

Not surprising really. Ferguson constantly chopped and changed players instead of deciding on his preferred back 4 and sticking with it for a run of games, let them gel as a unit. You need that to have a chance of doing anything. Away to Berwick midweek is a classic example, need to be solid at the back to build a performance on. 

Course now I've said that they'll probably keep a clean sheet tonight !

But I'd take a point now, help them build a little of the confidence they started to get back on Saturday, move on again from there

Well it's unlikely you'll fail to score tonight !
From what I saw on Saturday, our defence started off a nervous wreck - understandable with the way this season's been - but they grew into the game. Certainly plenty effort but still a lack of organisation at times
Not surprising really. Ferguson constantly chopped and changed players instead of deciding on his preferred back 4 and sticking with it for a run of games, let them gel as a unit. You need that to have a chance of doing anything. Away to Berwick midweek is a classic example, need to be solid at the back to build a performance on. 
Course now I've said that they'll probably keep a clean sheet tonight !
But I'd take a point now, help them build a little of the confidence they started to get back on Saturday, move on again from there

First thing we have to do is stop conceding it's basic goals we are losing
At the moment we are needing to score two to get a draw
Lot better second half on Saturday would take a point as I have said the four games after arbroath will be crucial
However if we can win tonight takes a lot of pressure off us

13 without a win in the league we need to find a win from somewhere

That said take a draw right now

Clyde have had a lot of games lately whereas Berwick are relatively fresh. Any concerns over Clyde fitness levels?

Some bookies make Clyde marginal favourites for this which surprises me given Clyde's form, recent schedule, and record away from home this season. 

29 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Clyde have had a lot of games lately whereas Berwick are relatively fresh. Any concerns over Clyde fitness levels?

Some bookies make Clyde marginal favourites for this which surprises me given Clyde's form, recent schedule, and record away from home this season. 

No idea why we would be favourites given we've not won a league game in over 3 months!

If somehow we can find a way to tighten up that defence it could easily turnaround, but as CFC is saying, all season we've had to score a couple just to try and make sure of a draw

Guys like Flynn should be fresh enough as he's spent most of the season on the bench. Don't know, hard to say. Hopefully a little boost to confidence can give them a spark. But I'd think Berwick are favourites

Strange line- up, Mac Donald and Fergie on the bench yet Higgins who has not kicked his own arse in almost 6 months straight back into the starting 11, and also with Gibson back in goals I am nowhere near as confident as I was before I saw the line-up, let's hope Gormley has got his shooting boots on.

Guess Quinn still injured, since not even on bench.

Peaso..probably started 6 or 7 seven games than he should have given his age, desperation dictated that he had to start as he is only consistent goal scorer, wee rest won't do any harm if we can defend for an hour. 

Higgins another last chance saloon, if only! 

Fingers crossed, will  take a point but never know theses days.

Archived