Senior/Junior games.

kilsyth ranger

I wasn't able to make our game down at saltcoats on saturday due to work commitments, so i ended up at Clyde v Forfar up at broadwood , and i have to say it was great game ,2-2, full of incidents and great goals , ive been a junior man all my days and i'm a bit dismissive of senior football to be honest but i really enjoyed it , and i won't be as critical again if there all as entertaining as this game .

Couple of ex- juniors playing , lister for forfar and gormley for clyde , both played well an both scored .

Then a found out we had won 7-5 in the west , raging a wasn't there then , 12 goals for your fiver , nah u can't beat the juniors lol , al b at our game away at shettleston next week , just shows u can enjoy both grades of football .

A know Stuart , but there's always guys from seniors on bringing down the juniors , there was a guy on from Stirling albion on another thread doing exactly that , so then the junior guys try to defend there corner , and it escalates from there , as you said good football is good football .

I enjoy watching any level of football, to be honest.

I was at Atletico Madrid v Barcelona 8 days ago, and my next match was Shettleston v Renfrew on Saturday there, and I got as much enjoyment out of watching both.

I was at Bo'ness v Broxburn at the weekend. It was the first match I've enjoyed attending in months. If Raith weren't playing on a Saturday I used to go and watch whatever team was playing at Ochilview but didn't enjoy many games there and now much prefer watching a local junior game. The junior games are definitely more physical and seem as good  quality as the spfl1 or 2. The entry is cheaper and you get a drink at some of the grounds. I quite look forward to the Rovers having a free Saturday these days so I can visit a new junior ground and enjoy a game as a neutral.

I was at Bo'ness v Broxburn at the weekend. It was the first match I've enjoyed attending in months. If Raith weren't playing on a Saturday I used to go and watch whatever team was playing at Ochilview but didn't enjoy many games there and now much prefer watching a local junior game. The junior games are definitely more physical and seem as good  quality as the spfl1 or 2. The entry is cheaper and you get a drink at some of the grounds. I quite look forward to the Rovers having a free Saturday these days so I can visit a new junior ground and enjoy a game as a neutral.

Good for you sir, you seem to have an open mind though , lots of people don't and some seem to sneer a bit at the juniors , to be fair a used to sneer at the seniors , so it works both ways .

5 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Sounds like you've been bitten by the Juniors 'bug',RR#1. You might find yourself attending more Junior matches in the future,than you think! ;)

You can have a drink at MOST Junior grounds,btw! :thumsup2

6 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

A know Stuart , but there's always guys from seniors on bringing down the juniors , there was a guy on from Stirling albion on another thread doing exactly that , so then the junior guys try to defend there corner , and it escalates from there , as you said good football is good football .

the disrespect goes in both directions on here. 

I watch senior, junior, lowland league, east of scotland league, development league most things really just like going to games. Good and bad at all levels.

Am the same , honestly ad rather go to a game than sit in the house an watch a champions league game on the box , u cant bt being at a game in the flesh , sad a no , lol .

That wasn't a good game mate! [emoji1] Bo'ness were poor and I've seen a lot better football played. The pitch had cut up pretty bad by about 20 mins played and didn't help the game.

Are you local to Ochilview then? You've got Camelon Juniors and Sauchie both not too far away if you've not been to either yet.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

That wasn't a good game mate! emoji1.png Bo'ness were poor and I've seen a lot better football played. The pitch had cut up pretty bad by about 20 mins played and didn't help the game.

Are you local to Ochilview then? You've got Camelon Juniors and Sauchie both not too far away if you've not been to either yet.

Aye I stay no far from ochilview. Been to camelon a few times probably my favourite junior ground. They don't seem  to get much of a support in though. I am tempted to go up to the game there on Saturday atleast I will get to see two teams with actual goalkeepers in goal. 

17 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Am the same , honestly ad rather go to a game than sit in the house an watch a champions league game on the box , u cant bt being at a game in the flesh , sad a no , lol .

This, totally. It's the ritual of actually going to a game I love rather than flipping channels to see who's playing that night. Thanks to the oversaturation of football available on TV these days, so many people still profess to being football fans but have fallen out of actually going to games. Personally, I'd rather go and experience a midweek bounce game in person than watch a Champions League game on the box.

Football's football - I don't make any distinction between punters going to league or non-league games, as there's less of a difference when it comes down to it than many on both sides of the fence would have you believe.

I do however have a lot more time for people who turn out to go to games at ANY level than I do for the hordes of punters who plan their weekend round some dreich mid-table Premiership offering.

This, totally. It's the ritual of actually going to a game I love rather than flipping channels to see who's playing that night. Thanks to the oversaturation of football available on TV these days, so many people still profess to being football fans but have fallen out of actually going to games. Personally, I'd rather go and experience a midweek bounce game in person than watch a Champions League game on the box.
Football's football - I don't make any distinction between punters going to league or non-league games, as there's less of a difference when it comes down to it than many on both sides of the fence would have you believe.
I do however have a lot more time for people who turn out to go to games at ANY level than I do for the hordes of punters who plan their weekend round some dreich mid-table Premiership offering.

A think its because it used to be that every game in the land used to be 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, now u can get a game on every night of the week if u want on the box with sky , bt etc; Its saturation point , u can't beat a live game in the flesh , a mind they used to say to old fella in kilsyth who was always out at games , that he would watch two tibetan monks playing in his back garden if he could lol.

18 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Aye I stay no far from ochilview. Been to camelon a few times probably my favourite junior ground. They don't seem  to get much of a support in though. I am tempted to go up to the game there on Saturday atleast I will get to see two teams with actual goalkeepers in goal. 

You probably don't live far from me then, I'm in Carronshore. I'll probably be up at the game on Saturday provided it's on. Not overly confident though, Camelon away has often been a bogey ground for us.

Archived